Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Comfortable with my zero.

WBA are doomed, Stoke are in desperate trouble, West Ham seem to be in freefall and Southampton just bet their last penny (and are completely shite). That's before mentioning Palace or Huddersfield.

We'd have to lose the likes of Dubravka, Lascelles, Shelvey and Diame for a lot of games before I'd be concerned about what's behind us. Rafa has a firm grip on the situation.

I think we are safe and am shifting my pessimism over what happens in the summer. Stay up and there are still issues galore.

I've made a point watching of a lot of our games live this season through dread of disaster, so it'll be nice to relax and miss the odd one or two of the ones left.

If Stoke don't beat Everton, I'd say they're almost done. And if we don't beat Huddersfield it might get a bit uncomfortable, as I really don't see Crystal Palace, Swansea or West Ham going down. Probably not Huddersfield either.

If Stoke don't beat Everton, I'd say they're almost done. And if we don't beat Huddersfield it might get a bit uncomfortable, as I really don't see Crystal Palace, Swansea or West Ham going down. Probably not Huddersfield either.

That's quite a lot of poor teams you've given a free pass to.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm much more confident now tbh. Our form has gone underappreciated, probably because we should have beaten Burnley and Bournemouth. But when you look at it, the last time we were beaten when we should have won was Everton in the middle of December and since Christmas we've only lost three times against Man City twice and Liverpool - for me the best two teams in the league. Our form either side of the Lascelles injury is definitely not what you'd consider relegation form and that's the main reason we're where we are in the first place.

I think Brighton will be nervous as well, they have 34 points but their run in is horrible.

They do, but they have Leicester and Huddersfield at home. Win one of those, and nick a point elsewhere and probably safe tbh.

I think Brighton will be nervous as well, they have 34 points but their run in is horrible.

They do, but they have Leicester and Huddersfield at home. Win one of those, and nick a point elsewhere and probably safe tbh.

I think this too. If I was a Brighton fan, given what happened on the last day of last season, I think I would remain overly nervous. Especially if they lose a few on the bounce.

We've never really looked like a 'relegation team' IMO, the main worry was that we would play quite well but just not score enough to win any games.

:thup:

Rafa's done a really good job with his resources.

foCZigL.png

Wonder how the other relegation threatened clubs form against the bigger sides compares cause ours is terrible. Wey not even "big sides", basically everyone above us :lol:

On the flip side to that, only losing once out of 11 to the teams below us is really impressive.

Stoke are down imo. Can’t defend for s***.  They have goals in them but not loads.

They've only conceded 7 in 7 since Lambert came in, and two of them were against Man City, but have only scored 5 in 7. So tbh your statement is the complete opposite to the truth.

Stoke are down imo. Can’t defend for s***.  They have goals in them but not loads.

They've only conceded 7 in 7 since Lambert came in, and two of them were against Man City, but have only scored 5 in 7. So tbh your statement is the complete opposite to the truth.

Could be said of most of his posts. I'm convinced he's a bot.

I think what TCD is referring to is that their defence is shit so they’re unlikely to be able to hold onto a 1-0 or 0-0. If they’re not scoring many then they need the assurances that they can dig in and grind out a result, but they don’t look comfortable defending at all like (the Leicester game an example, where they dropped 2 points).

Stoke are down imo. Can’t defend for shit.  They have goals in them but not loads.

It's the other way around, tbh. They've look defensively solid since Lambert took over but have absolutely no threat outside of Shaqiri.

I really hope we can get clear of trouble with a few games to go.

Be class if we're safe, and we can chill and watch the madness of the last few games.

Really interesting relegation fight this season.

That's the dream isn't it. From a neutrals perspective you are right, it's a hell of a battle down there, even at this stage it's difficult to pick the two that will surely joining WBA in the champo next year. We often say that there is little quality beyond the top 6 in the PL, but I think this year we've got a lot of teams including ourselves that have not really looked like relegation fodder, yet can't escape it. There is still a massive gap to the top 6 of course, but I think generally the quality at the bottom has improved a little, a lot of the reason for that has been that the three teams that came up last year have been competitive, usually at least one of them gets cut a drift, while as this season we've not season Huddersfield, Brighton our ourselves in the relegation zone much at all. Think we spent like a  couple of days in total down there, while Huddersfield dropped in there for a week or so but bounced back up and Brighton I don't think have ever been in it.