Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Since Jones came in we're 2-2-3 which isn't disastrous. If we carry on picking up points a similar rate we'll keep Brighton and Burnley in the mix.

Any of the four sides down there could easily go down, it's a tough call at this point.

Since Jones came in we're 2-2-3 which isn't disastrous. If we carry on picking up points a similar rate we'll keep Brighton and Burnley in the mix.

Any of the four sides down there could easily go down, it's a tough call at this point.

Posted in the Bruce thread, Jones' formation is bollocks. Plays with no strikers and exposes our shite full backs badly. We may well be able to play with Almiron, Wilson, Manquillo and ASM but they're out and it needs changing.

If we don't beat Villa or Brighton a strong 10, we're down.

Without the injured players I can't see us scoring based on today's effort.

Posted in the Bruce thread, Jones' formation is bollocks. Plays with no strikers and exposes our s**** full backs badly. We may well be able to play with Almiron, Wilson, Manquillo and ASM but they're out and it needs changing.

Change to what?

Isn’t formations problem, is lack of making use of it, and having any conviction in anything we do. Resorted back to Bruce’s classic approach of direct to Joe wide, who hopefully can get better of a full back physically. Nothing went through midfield, despite having four players in there. Full backs forever rushing it forward, instead of playing it back into midfield and going again. That’s not just lack of talent, that’s instruction.

Can’t just drop wingers so deep to protect crap full backs, as it’ll be back to case of having next to nobody in forward areas. It’ll be a case of us being sitting ducks again. We aren’t good enough in transition to move the ball, move positions, be patient when needed and get players from deeper areas into attacking positions to build attacks, probe down one side, come back out and try again.

To add perspective, in their last seven games our rivals records are:

Fulham 3-3-2 12 points

Brighton 2-2-3 8 points

Burnley 1-5-1 8 points

Fulham's form has certainly made things interesting, but we're in similar form to the teams in and around us.

I mean it objectively isn't 'over' or 'done'. We've a game in hand on Fulham and we're still ahead of both them and Brighton. A draw today is very much a less good result now though, obviously.

You’ve said for ages now that we have no chance of going down. We’re you just basing it on Fulham struggling to win?

Posted in the Bruce thread, Jones' formation is bollocks. Plays with no strikers and exposes our s**** full backs badly. We may well be able to play with Almiron, Wilson, Manquillo and ASM but they're out and it needs changing.

Change to what?

Isn’t formations problem, is lack of making use of it, and having any conviction in anything we do. Resorted back to Bruce’s classic approach of direct to Joe wide, who hopefully can get better of a full back physically. Nothing went through midfield, despite having four players in there. Full backs forever rushing it forward, instead of playing it back into midfield and going again. That’s not just lack of talent, that’s instruction.

Can’t just drop wingers so deep to protect crap full backs, as it’ll be back to case of having next to nobody in forward areas. It’ll be a case of us being sitting ducks again. We aren’t good enough in transition to move the ball, move positions, be patient when needed and get players from deeper areas into attacking positions to build attacks, probe down one side, come back out and try again.

The formation is part of the problem. We caught out Everton with it and capitalised on a poor Southampton defence who conceded 9 goals in one game in the game before but now its been found out. The players available can't play in this, Gayle was tragic when he came on and was tragic at Chelsea when in this weird false 9 winger hybrid position that Wilson had joy in at Everton.

We didn't press today like we have done in games previous, as we lack Almirón's energy. And with ASM, Almiron and Wilson out we have zero goal threat or creativity as was seen today. Constant long balls to Fraser (:lol:) and Joelinton. We need to get the best out of the players we have available and keeping on playing this system is hindering rather than helping.

Fulham 3-3-2 12 points

Brighton 2-2-3 8 points

Burnley 1-5-1 8 points

Fulham's form has certainly made things interesting, but we're in similar form to the teams in and around us.

Weird selection, looking at 7 games. Form over the last 10:

Fulham - 14 points

Brighton - 12 points

Burnley - 11 points

Us - 8 points

Carry that over the next 10 games and we’re pretty much relegated. Go back 15 games and it’s even worse.

Who leaves if/when we drop?

I've got us guaranteed to be losing:

- Maxi

- Miggy

- Wilson

- Hayden

- Lascelles

- Dubravka

- Schar

- Lejeune

The only cunts we'd be stuck with would be Joelinton, Hendrick and fucking Shelvey.

- Maxi

- Miggy

- Wilson

- Hayden

- Lascelles

- Dubravka

- Schar

- Lejeune

The only cunts we'd be stuck with would be Joelinton, Hendrick and fucking Shelvey.

I’m really struggling to care. Hope all the good (:lol:) players leave

Fulham 3-3-2 12 points

Brighton 2-2-3 8 points

Burnley 1-5-1 8 points

Fulham - 14 points

Brighton - 12 points

Burnley - 11 points

Us - 8 points

Carry that over the next 10 games and we’re pretty much relegated. Go back 15 games and it’s even worse.

I was just at looking at since Jones came in as we've clearly improved since then and would be in far more trouble if we hadn't done so.

Fulham 3-3-2 12 points

Brighton 2-2-3 8 points

Burnley 1-5-1 8 points

Fulham - 14 points

Brighton - 12 points

Burnley - 11 points

Us - 8 points

I was just at looking at since Jones came in as we've clearly improved since then and would be in far more trouble if we hadn't done so.

We had a ‘new manager bounce’ and won 2 of the opening 3. Since then we’ve reverted to type and been relatively s***. Jones isn’t going to make a jot of difference whilst Bruce is still here.

But fair enough, get what you were looking at now :thup:

- Maxi

- Miggy

- Wilson

- Hayden

- Lascelles

- Dubravka

- Schar

- Lejeune

I’m really struggling to care. Hope all the good (:lol:) players leave

Yep, would like to see them go on and have successful careers, no half decent player should be subjected to Bruce as a manager.

Fulham 3-3-2 12 points

Brighton 2-2-3 8 points

Burnley 1-5-1 8 points

Fulham - 14 points

Brighton - 12 points

Burnley - 11 points

Us - 8 points

I look at his managerial record and the fact that Rob Lee couldn't believe he had been appointed. The bloke was not the answer to the problem, getting a proven manager was. The fact this would prove difficult due to Ashley's ownership tels you everything.

I mean it objectively isn't 'over' or 'done'. We've a game in hand on Fulham and we're still ahead of both them and Brighton. A draw today is very much a less good result now though, obviously.

You’ve said for ages now that we have no chance of going down. We’re you just basing it on Fulham struggling to win?

Well firstly that's a load of rubbish because it's not a position I've held for ages. Pre-Sheffield United defeat I felt pretty certain we'd keep our heads well above water. I said, at that point, that we averaged three wins in ten throughout Bruce's entire tenure - which was factually the case - and I didn't see that changing. But I've been much closer to the fence since that night and my opinion has oscillated incident by incident.

I've always said the relegationometer is flawed so if I'm gonna backtrack on anything, it's that. Because, having started at 0 before the Sheffield United game, I've edged closer and closer to 10 with the occasional spike back to zero (like when we went 1-0 up against Palace after the Everton win, and I thought we'd sorted ourselves out).

Right nowt I'm at a 5 because I honestly don't know what's going to happen and wouldn't be surprised with either outcome. If I was putting money on it I'd bet on us staying up, because we're still ahead of two teams and our fixture list compares favourably to both (massively, in Brighton's case). But I wouldn't stake anything higher than a fiver. :lol:

Edit:

Incidentally, just to point out; my 'confidence', has always been a manifestation of my pessimism that Mike Ashley, Steve Bruce and all their respective media pals are going to be vindicated, by virtue of us embarrassingly limping to ~40 points. I've wanted us to fail and so, if I've said, "puh, whatever, of course we'll be fine" it comes from a place of bitterness towards those running the club - rather than trying to be the one contrarian in a cauldrun of entirely justified negativity.

It's utterly shocking management from the club. To just sit there and do absolutely nothing as we plummet down the table is criminal like. Any other club would have acted. Not us though. Mark Douglas hit the nail on the head with this tweet...

They seem to purposely do the opposite to what everyone wants as if to say "no one tells us what to do" even though its blatantly obvious they're wrong.

Totally shocking.