Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Using Bruce's 27% win ratio in the Premier league that puts us onto less than 30 points at the end of the season, so to keep us up Bruce will need to be better than he's ever been, his club record suggests he gets worse the longer he stays 

Doomed 

We’ve been here before and will continue to be here for as long as Ashley keeps picking cheap, compliant journeymen losers looking for a last big payday. Bruce was never the guy and we’re exactly where we all expected to be under his ‘leadership’.

The only hope we have is that the next journeyman loser creates a new manager bounce enough to keep us up. Then rinse and repeat until Ashley finally has a heart attack. 

It's a high 9 with Bruce, if you can't pick up points against the teams around you then the odd spawny win against the top teams is mathematically useless. It's only early in the season but the early damage that's been done cannot be underestimated.

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Using Bruce's 27% win ratio in the Premier league that puts us onto less than 30 points at the end of the season, so to keep us up Bruce will need to be better than he's ever been, his club record suggests he gets worse the longer he stays 

Doomed 

As soon as you look at facts like this then that should be enough for any sensible owner to promote action, jokes aside, surely logic must be used at this point???

I think this could it mind, in the past Ashley has released some funds to protect his asset, i dont think he will do that this time round.   I think he'll stall on Bruce a little too long and the damage will be complete, any manager coming in will have to work with what is already there. 

Just now, Northerngimp said:

I think this could it mind, in the past Ashley has released some funds to protect his asset, i dont think he will do that this time round.   I think he'll stall on Bruce a little too long and the damage will be complete, any manager coming in will have to work with what is already there. 

We’ll easily stay up, providing the decision to remove Bruce is done with enough time to prepare the damage.

Each game that goes by is an issue, if he’s still here in the New Year (which I expect him to be) we’ll be done imo.

2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ll easily stay up, providing the decision to remove Bruce is done with enough time to prepare the damage.

Each game that goes by is an issue, if he’s still here in the New Year (which I expect him to be) we’ll be done imo.

i  dont think Ashley learns lessons and Bruce will be here too long, then any new manager wont get any budget as Ashley is crying covid poverty.  Ashley's decisions dont seem to be based on football, which is strange for a football club that plays in one of the top leagues of world football with the biggest amount of money running through it.

25 minutes ago, Northerngimp said:

i  dont think Ashley learns lessons and Bruce will be here too long, then any new manager wont get any budget as Ashley is crying covid poverty.  Ashley's decisions dont seem to be based on football, which is strange for a football club that plays in one of the top leagues of world football with the biggest amount of money running through it.

If you see it through the prism of it not being a football club (which is how Ashley sees it) it all becomes a lot clearer.

2 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

If you see it through the prism of it not being a football club (which is how Ashley sees it) it all becomes a lot clearer.

Yeap, a sportswear retail company that happens to have a football team.

Interesting bump. You'd think Norwich would be gone, certainly now, but Burnley often find a way, and Watford (even though they are now favourites to go down) and Brentford are both in far stronger positions points wise, so there's no obvious clubs who you'd tip to go down at this stage (bar Norwich).

3 points from 7 games is abysmal, especially considering the 'winnable' games we have passed up, and the next few fixtures look tough. We obviously need Bruce out ASAP, and thankfully there is plenty of time, and even a full, boisterous crowd should be a big bonus and play a part, as opposed to a largely apathetic one, and who knows, maybe the new manager can get a tune out of the likes of Lewis, Fraser, and dare I say, even Joelinton, before obvious necessary reinforcements in January. 

Probably at a 7 at the moment.

Edited by Paullow

21 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Would we be the first team to win the Championship 3 times?

Would appear so...

Most championship winning titles:

Newcastle United

Norwich City 

Reading 

Sunderland 

Wolverhampton Wanderers (2 titles each

Another thing to piss the mackems off lol

Just now, aa5773 said:

0. We're not gonna down. PIF will buy great players in January, 200 million baby. With Conte as our manager, we will not go down....

:indi::indi::indi::indi::indi::indi::indi:

It would take staggering levels of incompetence to get relegated now.

Doesn't mean it's not possible, but just can't see it any more

On 08/10/2021 at 22:15, Paullow said:

Interesting bump. You'd think Norwich would be gone, certainly now, but Burnley often find a way, and Watford (even though they are now favourites to go down) and Brentford are both in far stronger positions points wise, so there's no obvious clubs who you'd tip to go down at this stage (bar Norwich).

3 points from 7 games is abysmal, especially considering the 'winnable' games we have passed up, and the next few fixtures look tough. We obviously need Bruce out ASAP, and thankfully there is plenty of time, and even a full, boisterous crowd should be a big bonus and play a part, as opposed to a largely apathetic one, and who knows, maybe the new manager can get a tune out of the likes of Lewis, Fraser, and dare I say, even Joelinton, before obvious necessary reinforcements in January. 

Probably at a 7 at the moment.

Watford are 4 points ahead and still have to come to SJP. Hardly insurmountable.

I think it’ll be Norwich and then two from Burnley, Southampton and Watford.

Not a chance we go down. Even without the takeover, removing Bruce would have been enough.

The fact we’re likely to appoint a competent manager and make signings in January, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us finish in the top half.

Everyone from Wolves down has a chance of going down imo.

0, its only 7 games into the new season.  Plenty of time to turn this round.  A few wins and we will be mid table before we know it.  The squad is fine for mid table at the moment, it was the manager that was holding us back, not the squad.