Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

All ifs and buts but here's another possible scenario...

Sunderland beat Stoke and Southampton

Spurs beat Stoke

NUFC beat QPR

would mean NUFC are safe seeing as Stoke and Southampton play each other last match of the season.

Where theres life there's hope and all that.......

Interesting, didnt realise they played each other on the last day

Baring some spectacular losses affecting our already bad goal diff, we're safe if we win today and both Villa and Wigan lose.

We win today, Villa and Wigan lose:

NUFC  P36      40 pts

Villa    P36      37 pts

Wigan P35      32 pts

If we lose the next 2 games, Villa and Wigan pick up wins:

NUFC  P38      40 pts

Villa    P37      40 pts

Wigan P37      38 pts

Villa vs Wigan in last game:

Villa win: Villa 43 pts, Wigan 38 ®

Draw: Villa 41 pts, Wigan 39 ®

Wigan win: Villa 40 pts, Wigan 41 (safe) - the only uncertainty dependent on GD

http://gurumia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Biswa-Ijtema-prayer-Akheri-monajat.jpg

:yao: oh well

Hoped for the best, ended with one of the worst permutations. :yao:

Looking at the schedule there are so many interesting games. Theoratically even Fulham, Stoke and Soton could go down.

It's ridiculous that we have real concerns about relegation but could still finish 9th!* :lol:

*someone is probably playing someone which means we technically can't but you get my drift.

We're down imo. Pretty much accepted it after yesterday. No fight, no idea how to score a goal. f***ing doomed. Into the abyss.

Except our first half yesterday was the best showing we've had since like february or something... We are not down. Fuck there's no way we are going down. A point against QPR and then a hard fought point against Arsenal will secure us.

Looking at the schedule there are so many interesting games. Theoratically even Fulham, Stoke and Soton could go down.

That's the thing, it is so open. I thought the likes of Southampton, Fulham, and you too were safe ages ago, now looking at the table, it is much more open.

If Wigan, Sunderland wins this week.

Then Stoke, Villa, Fulham, Wigan lose, Norwich draws and we win next weekend and we have 8 teams with the possibility of going down.

If Wigan, Sunderland wins this week.

Then Stoke, Villa, Fulham, Wigan lose, Norwich draws and we win next weekend and we have 8 teams with the possibility of going down.

Of course, if Wigan lose against Swansea in mid week, they look more and more adrift.

My Albion supporting mate was telling me that Wigan totally, totally fluked it yesterday.

I also think Albion will do Norwich next week (yesterday, Norwich were utterly awful), which leaves them with a trip away to Man City on the last day of the season to salvage something.

Done the predictor. Gave us a point against QPR and a loss against Arsenal. Had Norwich to go down on 38 on goal difference and us on 39. Reckon Sunderland are in mega danger if they don't win tomorrow.

I think Sunderland will win tomorrow, but if they don't then their game vs Southampton next week becomes very interesting indeed.

A ridiculous amount of ifs and buts - things will become an awful lot clearer after Wigan v Swansea is over and done with.

Guest bimpy474

All of these scenarios are great but wont mean a feckin thing if we don't get a win or a least a point.

Were fucked with this negative idiot in charge, Does anyone see him firing up the players for a couple of battles where he instills a win at all cost attitude.

Guest icemanblue

All of these scenarios are great but wont mean a feckin thing if we don't get a win or a least a point.

Were fucked with this negative idiot in charge, Does anyone see him firing up the players for a couple of battles where he instills a win at all cost attitude.

He doesn't need to. We just need to beat QPR. It could be the worst game I've ever seen, with our backs to the wall for 90 mins before Dan Gosling, after coming on to replace a clearly fresh and lively Hatem on 26 mins, scores a bicycle kick from our own six yard box. It doesn't matter. Three points is all that counts.