Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Looking at the table, everyone from Hull downwards could easily go down this season. Of those 10 or so teams, Tottenham are the only ones who have real quality on paper... so should expect to get out of it eventually.

I'm getting more and more worried, but I'm still hanging on to that.

Looking at the table, everyone from Hull downwards could easily go down this season. Of those 10 or so teams, Tottenham are the only ones who have real quality on paper... so should expect to get out of it eventually.

That reasoning for me to think that we may not be relegated just doesn't cut it anymore. I would usually think to myself 'we may be bad, but there are still a few worse teams than us'. But I seriously think we are now one of those teams that fans of say Pompey will think that they are better than so should be safe.

I'll give us an 8.5 on the relegationometer, what a dire mess we are in.

That reasoning for me to think that we may not be relegated just doesn't cut it anymore. I would usually think to myself 'we may be bad, but there are still a few worse teams than us'. But I seriously think we are now one of those teams that fans of say Pompey will think that they are better than so should be safe.

I'll give us an 8.5 on the relegationometer, what a dire mess we are in.

I'd put us at more than 50% to go down now, you're right, but that table means it can all change very quickly still.

I'm not sure it will as we aren't picking up any points at the moment, but it could.

Wins against those below us and them not improving plus hopefully getting 3 points against the Mackems (please God),  Portsmouth and Fulham with the odd draw should give us another 20 points and I think we'll be OK

Realistically voted 8 as I can't see where the next win is coming from after some of the performances of late

only win we're gonna get is if we sign new player(s) and they come in and do something off their own back to win a game 'cause JFK's coaching, management & tactics ain't gonna win us shit

the barton/owen injuries with ashley watching mean if he was EVER gonna be shocked into spending money to keep us up it'll be now so with 4 days to go of the window i'm at 7 where i was when this thread started, no players in and it's 10 for me, nailed on certainty

lucky win against the mackems might help, mind it'll have to be lucky

We'll stay up. Not a doubt in my mind, even with everything being shite we're better than the ones that will eventually take the plunge to the Championship. It might be very very close and nerve-wrecking towards the end of the season, but we won't go down.

:kinnear:

Let's do a bit of maths. Newcastle are currently trading at 3.95 to go down at Betfair. If 3.95 is a fair price, then Newcastle have a 25.32 % chance of going down. 25.32% of 10 is 2.532. My rating is therefore:

3 (rounded to nearest integer).

I suppose this would make more sense if 0 was an option.

A midfield choice of Butt, Geremi and Smith for the forseeable future.

Selling our best keeper to fund transfers that are starting to sound unlikely before the Mackem game, if at all.

No recognised right fullback available and the left one

Two one goal strikers available - one of which won't get on the field if it gets to a choice between him and Krul.

Going for a nine here.

Chill out, we'll stay up.

I just see  :kinnear: in a newcastle tracksuit standing on the touch line pointing and shouting.  It sends shivers down my spine.

I would even say, we have the worst manager in the prem.

Chill out, we'll stay up.

I just see  :kinnear: in a newcastle tracksuit standing on the touch line pointing and shouting.  It sends shivers down my spine.

I would even say, we have the worst manager in the prem.

another thread perhaps?  is :kinnear: the worst in the league?

adams is running him close right now but at least he can talk a good game...anyone else?  suppose southgate has to be a candidate...

Aye, that Portsmouth game seems a long time ago now.  Remember all those on here giving each other hands jobs over Mike Ashley and the players purchased for this season after that game.