Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Still at a 9.  I said anything last night would have been a bonus.  As I expected a defeat and our goal dif to take a hefty whack.   

I think we'll beat Palace and Villa.  Who knows against Spurs?!  It all depends on whether they have anything left to play for.  Either way, it will be a hard game.   

I just worry about the mackems.  They have a far better goal dif, and I don't think their fixtures look particularly hard.  I could easily see them getting another couple of wins.  Everton, Watford and Stoke, are all winnable games, for them. If they get another 6-7 points, it would probably mean we're goners.  As I don't see us getting anything on Saturday and the Spurs game is going to be incredibly difficult.  We need Arsenal to sort out their shit and hammer them on Sunday. 

At least we've given ourselves a chance, though.  I thought we were dead and buried, after Norwich. 

Fucking Spurs game on the last day is the problem now.  I just had  a look at a scenario that would see us safe before the last game, this is it:

Liverpool v Newcastle - Draw

Newcastle v Palace - Newcastle

Villa v Newcastle - Newcastle

Sunderland v Arsenal - Arsenal

Stoke v Sunderland - Draw

Sunderland v Chelsea - Chelsea

Sunderland v Everton - Draw

Arsenal v Norwich - Arsenal

Norwich v Man Utd - Man Utd

Norwich v Watford - Draw

Would be:

Newcastle 36

Sunderland 32

Norwich 32

That's the dream

We're still due to go down in my eyes, it's all a bit late for us. I can't see the likes of Watford or Everton putting up much of a fight, that's what will be the kicker - easy points for Mackems and Canaries.

It's the games before they play those two teams that could be key though (and if we pick up points in the meantime)

Arsenal are guaranteed to fuck up against one of them and put a spanner in the works

We're still due to go down in my eyes, it's all a bit late for us. I can't see the likes of Watford or Everton putting up much of a fight, that's what will be the kicker - easy points for Mackems and Canaries.

It's the games before they play those two teams that could be key though (and if we pick up points in the meantime)

Arsenal are guaranteed to fuck up against one of them and put a spanner in the works

It'll be at the SOS if they do. Can't see them not putting away Norwich at home with their defence.

Fucking Spurs game on the last day is the problem now.  I just had  a look at a scenario that would see us safe before the last game, this is it:

Norwich v Watford - Draw

Would be:

Newcastle 36

Sunderland 32

Norwich 32

That's the dream

That's roughly what I had on the predictor, except us staying up on 34 after losing to both City and Liverpool. Seems a bit harsh on the other two clubs in hindsight.

It's going to be so close. The mackems are fighting but still ultimately shite - they don't have any games you would put as bankers, we're just depending on Everton and Watford turning up against them, plus Arsenal not doing an Arsenal and shitting themselves against a physical side....

I can't help feeling that relegation is nailed on. In some ways, it might be for the best. There's no chance that Rafa is staying on beyond the end of this season in any case. Ashley wouldn't want to have to invest properly. Might as well get relegated and accept this club's destiny.

It's going to be so close. The mackems are fighting but still ultimately s**** - they don't have any games you would put as bankers, we're just depending on Everton and Watford turning up against them, plus Arsenal not doing an Arsenal and shitting themselves against a physical side....

If you would want to pick your opposition it would be Villa, Palace, Everton, Watford, WBA imo. Chelsea and Stoke not too far away.

It's going to be so close. The mackems are fighting but still ultimately s**** - they don't have any games you would put as bankers, we're just depending on Everton and Watford turning up against them, plus Arsenal not doing an Arsenal and shitting themselves against a physical side....

I would swap their fixtures for ours in a heartbeat when it was 4 each. I'd fancy 10 points from theirs.

f***ing Spurs game on the last day is the problem now.  I just had  a look at a scenario that would see us safe before the last game, this is it:

Norwich v Watford - Draw

Would be:

Newcastle 36

Sunderland 32

Norwich 32

That's the dream

That isn't all that unrealistic really, looking at those results.

I can see Norwich losing all of their remaining games, the mackems are the ones we'll be fighting against - we just need to hope Stoke and Everton give them a good game.

I reckon we'll beat Spurs on the last day if we have to. Especially if the title's gone, which is very likely.

Really? ???

What am I missing? :lol:

I'm with you here, not sure where the Leicester panic has come from. Because they drew at home to a decent team after being reduced to 10 men?

They haven't lost since Feb 14 (W6, D2) and that's their only loss in 2016. And they were also reduced to 10 in that game. That's wobbly?

If Spurs drop any points in the next 3 games they will very likely have nothing to play for on the last day.

I reckon we'll beat Spurs on the last day if we have to. Especially if the title's gone, which is very likely.

Really? ???

What am I missing? :lol:

I'm with you here, not sure where the Leicester panic has come from. Because they drew at home to a decent team after being reduced to 10 men?

They haven't lost since Feb 14 (W6, D2) and that's their only loss in 2016. And they were also reduced to 10 in that game. That's wobbly?

If Spurs drop any points in the next 3 games they will very likely have nothing to play for on the last day.

Jamie Vardy will miss at least one game due to being sent off. That doesn't help Leicester.