Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

So in 08/09 after 33 games we were in 19th, 3 points away from 17th.

We went on to have a record of the following in the next 5 games- W1 D1 L3 and we still had a chance of survival on the last day of that season.

Admittedly there were a lot more teams still involved with a relegation battle at this point in that season,but quite amazed after that kind of form it went to the last day.

Every season since then, the teams surviving in 17th had the following points after 38 games.

Hull 35

West Ham 35

Wolves 40

QPR 37

Sunderland 39

West Brom 36

Villa 38

We absolutely need 3 wins imo to have a realistic chance.

So in 08/09 after 33 games we were in 19th, 3 points away from 17th.

We went on to have a record of the following in the next 5 games- W1 D1 L4 and we still had a chance of survival on the last day of that season.

Admittedly there were a lot more teams still involved with a relegation battle at this point in that season,but quite amazed after that kind of form it went to the last day.

Every season since then, the teams surviving in 17th had the following points after 38 games.

Hull 35

West Ham 35

Wolves 40

QPR 37

Sunderland 39

West Brom 36

Villa 38

We absolutely need 3 wins imo to have a realistic chance.

Fail.

Guest Howaythetoon

A win tonight and a draw to Liverpool would probably give us the momentum to stay up. Stranger things have happened but not at the Toon. If anything we will probably get humped tonight and against Liverpool, win all the remaining games and go into the final game just needing a draw to stay up but lose 2-1 to a last minute penalty or some shit. Its not the hope that kills you, its the Toon's way...

A win tonight and a draw to Liverpool would probably give us the momentum to stay up. Stranger things have happened but not at the Toon. If anything we will probably get humped tonight and against Liverpool, win all the remaining games and go into the final game just needing a draw to stay up but lose 2-1 to a last minute penalty or some s***. Its not the hope that kills you, its the Toon's way...

this in a nutshell. Good things never happen for us (well not in the last 7 years or so)

Graeme Le Saux just said that may not be a big point against Sunderland but is a big point against Norwich because we are on 29 points and they are on 31. I'm now doubting everything I know about life.

cant be mad with a point i thought we were on for a spanking before the start of the game unfortunately it doesnt catch us up to either sunderland or norwich and our game and hand has now been used so we still need to be the in form team of the 3 to stay up and need sunderland to really waste their game in hand. A win tonight would have meant it would be up to others to do the cathing and while we all have different fixtures and possibly more ups and downs to go there are possibly not enough games left to make it a reality down to a 9 which is the lowest I have been for sinse Rafa started.

I feel like we're going to have to beat Spurs on the final day to survive, and they're going to need to beat us to win it. Which is a marked improvement on 1 week ago.

Leicester will have won it by then, I'm convinced.

Massive point. 3 would have been incredible but we're right back in it now. We play before Sunderland so although they'll have 2 games in hand we could be above them with a lot of luck, then it's on them to pick up points. Norwich are hopefully broken after the Mackem game. Dammit tonights performance has made me actually believe a little.

Still think we're going down but at least we're fighting for it now.

I agree, unfortunately I find this increases the agony substantially. :(

Indeed because fight is the least you can show, and we should have been doing this months ago.