Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Convinced myself earlier that it won't even go to the last day, I'm a total f***ing idiot.

I'll be astonished if that's the case, like. That's not me being needlessly pessimistic, either.

Me too, I change by the day depending on who I talk too. I'll probably have us going down tomorrow.

We can't go down tomorrow.

:dog:

I went from a 6 to a 9 earlier just during a poo.

Back down to a 7 now.

Literally no idea what's going to happen.

I think that's the jist of it really, it's very difficult to predict at this point. There's an argument for all three as to who has the kinder fixtures. Aye, those two have their 36th game in-hand over us, but they still need to win it, as we did. But by the same token, in Everton and Watford they're facing two teams who have nothing to fight for. We still face one team who will be fighting, albeit less so following the title being decided.

Anyone dare to vote less than 5?

Been on a constant 3 since Rafa took over, just had faith he would get his team right and then not let them slip after that. 1st bit seems done, lets hope the 2nd comes true as well

Guest chopey

Convinced myself earlier that it won't even go to the last day, I'm a total f***ing idiot.

I'll be astonished if that's the case, like. That's not me being needlessly pessimistic, either.

Me too, I change by the day depending on who I talk too. I'll probably have us going down tomorrow.

We can't go down tomorrow.

I find the fact that we can't go down tomorrow comforting.

Its obvious, and always the case, but we really need the mackems to lose on Sat, and us to win. Means that its then in our own hands (beat spurs and we are ok). Same can be said of Norwich, but a draw would be OK for them, as long as we win.

I went from a 6 to a 9 earlier just during a poo.

Back down to a 7 now.

Literally no idea what's going to happen.

I think that's the jist of it really, it's very difficult to predict at this point. There's an argument for all three as to who has the kinder fixtures. Aye, those two have their 36th game in-hand over us, but they still need to win it, as we did. But by the same token, in Everton and Watford they're facing two teams who have nothing to fight for. We still face one team who will be fighting, albeit less so following the title being decided.

True that Everton and Watford have nowt to fight for, but both won their games at the weekend. Watford will definitely want to win their last home game of the season, after a pretty good season for them. Everton have players who can punish the mackems mistakes too.

Imagine if we win like 4-0 man and Sunderland lose to Chelsea 3-0

There is a scenario where we can end up with the same points, GD and goals scored - imagine a play-off for the last relegation spot??  :frantic:

There is a scenario where we can end up with the same points, GD and goals scored - imagine a play-off for the last relegation spot??  :frantic:

Imagine trying to host that somewhere like Wembley :lol: the Met/BTP would have a nightmare.

At Elland Road.... there'd be carnage!! What a game it would be if we won!!

It then goes to head to head record.

Sunderland are still slight favourites on account of the extra game, but all that guarantees is another shot at getting points, nothing more. I don't fancy them to get anything more than 3 points which would put us 1 point ahead going into the final game presuming we beat Villa. The hope is that Spuds win at the weekend and Arsenal lose making our last game inconsequential to them. I'm sure there's a 100 different scenarios but I can't see anything being decided until the final game, that's why we need Spurs to not care.

Sunderland are still slight favourites on account of the extra game, but all that guarantees is another shot at getting points, nothing more. I don't fancy them to get anything more than 3 points which would put us 1 point ahead going into the final game presuming we beat Villa. The hope is that Spuds win at the weekend and Arsenal lose making our last game inconsequential to them. I'm sure there's a 100 different scenarios but I can't see anything being decided until the final game, that's why we need Spurs to not care.

All Spurs need to do is win, even if Arsenal win Spurs GD is so superior 2nd is theirs.

All Spurs need to do is win, even if Arsenal win Spurs GD is so superior 2nd is theirs.

:thup: I didn't look at that. Just so long as they win and go on holiday, all is good. Can taste FSA's salty tears just thinking about it.

fwiw, and sorry if Giggs, but Chelsea's away form, last eight played.

W6 D1 L1 F16 A4 19 points

That's best in the league.

Everton's is

W2 D4 L2 F10 A10

The losses were the Merseyside Derby (0-4) and at Old Trafford (0-1). Which means they've only conceded five in the other six games, in three of which they got clean sheets.

If Sunderland win both of those games, they deserve to stay up.

Regarding Norwich's fixtures, Man U have been a surprising soft touch away from home. They lost recently to both the mackems and WBA. Last eight away.

P8 W2 D2 L4 F7 A12

The hope is that with Man City also sleepwalking, Man U won't have given up on CL and can give it a go. I can't see it myself, but Norwich winning that early game would change the relegation picture again.

Both Norwich and Sunderland play Watford. Watford's away record vs. the bottom six is P6 W5 L1 D0. Watford's season form is CL or title winning against bottom half teams, and next to nothing against the top. Their record vs. the top five is P10 L10.

Anyway, just some numbers to contemplate when you look at our rivals' fixtures. The clearest trend of all is us getting nothing from away games, and that's the one that has to change.

It would obviously be ideal, if we win on Saturday and Norwich and sunderland, both lose their next two.  Going into the final game needing a result, is a bit of a worry.

I think if we do need to get something from Spurs, I just hope they have 2nd place secured.  Have they ever finished above Arsenal in the Premier League era? 

It would obviously be ideal, if we win on Saturday and Norwich and sunderland, both lose their next two.  Going into the final game needing a result, is a bit of a worry.

I think if we do need to get something from Spurs, I just hope they have 2nd place secured.  Have they ever finished above Arsenal in the Premier League era? 

Pretty sure they haven't.

I thought the same.  Need them to beat Southampton and/or Arsenal to lose at City. 

If they need a win against us, to guarantee second place.  I think they would be fired up and would be looking to break the hoodoo.