Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Regardless of who we were playing, it's another (home) game gone with no points whilst some of our rivals won.

How anyone can ignore these simple facts is beyond me.

Who's ignoring it?

Hull and Sunderland represent our redemption as I can't see any other teams down there staying down there due to their fixtures.

These two abominations are on awful runs though and are poor teams with awful fixtures to play. Delighted to see only 1 point between them today especially when you consider Hull were at home to a team below them and Sunderland were playing West Ham's reserve team.

Hull and Sunderland represent our redemption as I can't see any other teams down there staying down there due to their fixtures.

These two abominations are on awful runs though and are poor teams with awful fixtures to play. Delighted to see only 1 point between them today especially when you consider Hull were at home to a team below them and Sunderland were playing West Ham's reserve team.

I agree they're our best chances, but awful fixtures to play?

Hull's fixtures include Boro and Sunderland away, Stoke at home and Bolton away

Sunderland's Hull home, West Brom away, Bolton away, Portsmouth home.

Not easy for them, but some good chances for points, of course points will be distributed when they play each in 2 weeks and one has a 5 point head start and the other 3.

Don't know why I look.  eugh.

i've thought for ages the best we'd get would be 10 points in the remainder of the season and still do, i always thought 39 points was enough but looking at it it may well not be

9 for me now unless shearer saw what has been glaringly obvious to the fans for months and changes things we're still going down

if duff, butt, nolan, colocinni, r taylor & owen (as a CF) are left to decide our fate on the pitch we're fucked

i've thought for ages the best we'd get would be 10 points in the remainder of the season and still do, i always thought 39 points was enough but looking at it it may well not be

9 for me now unless shearer saw what has been glaringly obvious to the fans for months and changes things we're still going down

if duff, butt, nolan, colocinni, r taylor & owen (as a CF) are left to decide our fate on the pitch we're fucked

far be it for me to agree with you majorisim, lol. But i hear a lot about this 9 pts, or 39 points thing. But i too dont think thatw will bring survival. If we dont beast stoke, i think its over. Shearer sounded very flat on radio 5 this AM, think its hitting home for him.

Guest Brummiemag

3 wins and a draw will probably be enough and we've 4 winnable games left. I honestly think I would take the draw at Stoke if we were offered it and then hope we can win the 3 remaining home games. Theres also the possibility of picking up a point against an out of sorts villa 

Its a big ask but we're only 3 points off Sunderland

I don't trust Ashley much. I am starting to wonder if getting Shearer in was his last nail in the NUFC coffin...knowing we're as good as down, he thought 'who better to have at the tiller when the ship goes down' than one of our greatest living footballing icons - SHEARER.

:nope:

I don't trust Ashley much. I am starting to wonder if getting Shearer in was his last nail in the NUFC coffin...knowing we're as good as down, he thought 'who better to have at the tiller when the ship goes down' than one of our greatest living footballing icons - SHEARER.

:nope:

I've got faith in Shearer, but I've got no doubt that Ashley wants him because it's the only way he'll sell season tickets in the Championship.

Just like how he got Keegan in as a brand to sell. 

I agree they're our best chances, but awful fixtures to play?

Hull's fixtures include Boro and Sunderland away, Stoke at home and Bolton away

Not easy for them, but some good chances for points, of course points will be distributed when they play each in 2 weeks and one has a 5 point head start and the other 3.

Don't know why I look.  eugh.

I wouldn't fancy Hull at Boro, Sunderland OR Bolton, to be honest, especially at Bolton. Their confidence is shot and they don't have the quality necessary. Stoke at home represents a decent chance for them, but then they are appalling at home and Stoke are a horrible, hard team to play against.

That means I'd obviously fancy Sunderland to beat Hull at the SOL and probably West Brom away, but outside of that I can't see any games where they are clear favourites, even Portsmouth at home won't be easy with the run that the Mackems find themselves on.

Bolton away is an "awful" game, if you ask me, for many, many reasons!

No change (again)

Getting owt yesterday would have been nice, but unexpected.

It'll still come down to winning those three home games.

Blackburn winning was a bummer, but the Mackems and Hull will still be bricking it too.

Guest Howaythetoon

Lose to Stoke and any of our rivals pick up points and that's it for us I think. But we will beat Stoke and stay up and win the league next year with Shearer Premier League top scorer and European golden boot winner.

Guest Darth Toon

The mackems are away at Pompey - the only real home banker they have left is Hull.

We are still in a position where a win could see us out of the bottom 3, i seriously doubt anyone genuinely thought we would beat Chelsea. Cant see why people are increasing their numbers when imo nothing has changed since Thursday.

Guest getcarter

Lose to Stoke and any of our rivals pick up points and that's it for us I think. But we will beat Stoke and stay up and win the league next year with Shearer Premier League top scorer and European golden boot winner.

Stoke aren't going to be easy. Only ManU, Chelsea and Everton have won at the Britannia stadium in the league this season.

I've got a real bad feeling about this one. :(

The tension and euphoric negativity on this forum is like a adolescent penis waiting to be masturbated for the first time. We're not gonna go down man; a win against Stoke will be like one collective ejaculation. It's gonna be funny reading for the week following.

Imagine what'll happen when we beat Spurs. Jeez.

The tension and euphoric negativity on this forum is like a adolescent penis waiting to be masturbated for the first time. We're not gonna go down man; a win against Stoke will be like one collective ejaculation. It's gonna be funny reading for the week following.

Imagine what'll happen when we beat Spurs. Jeez.

:lol:

I know, there'll be cum all over the walls and everything!