Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Looking at the fixtures we should be able to get to 41 points. It's just that we have won 6 out of our first 30 games and are now looking to win 4 out of 7 that seems strange to me...

New manager, 3 against teams down there with us, 2 at home. Im confident :)

Guest fading star

Our fight for survival can be broken down into three phases.

1 Staying in touch until our run of home games arrives.

2 Winning our run of home games

3 Getting a point at Villa Park.

The first bit will be the hardest. Without Taylor, Bassong and Enrique we’ll struggle away from home. Getting nine points at home is going to be down to the supporters. It’s only really us that can turn home draws into victories. Villa will probably have nowt to play for. It’s do-able without a massive improvement in form. A bit of extra motivation and a slice of luck and we might be alright.

Three games to watch out for.

Middlesbrough v Hull (11/04)

Sunderland v Hull (18/04)

Newcastle v Middlesbrough (11/05)

It’s almost impossible to see how we could be mathematically safe before the Villa game, without picking up one or two ‘freak’ results. If we win our homes games it should go down to the wire, at which point the last card can be played and this seasons poker game brought to a close.

Three homes games to have a fighting chance. If we don’t raise the roof we deserve to go down.

Up from an 8 to a 9 for me now. Shearer clearly hasn't got what it takes to turn this around - and it was always going to be a difficult ask in any case, regardless of whoever took over, given the absolute shower of shite that passes for our so-called first team squad.

I'm feeling extremely pessismistic now. :(

Up from an 8 to a 9 for me now. Shearer clearly hasn't got what it takes to turn this around - and it was always going to be a difficult ask in any case, regardless of whoever took over, given the absolute shower of shite that passes for our so-called first team squad.

I'm feeling extremely pessismistic now. :(

aye that pretty much sums up my feelings

People also seem to be forgetting how formidable Stoke are at home.  People were expecting us to join only Manure, Chelsea and Everton in beating them and are gutted and talking about us being down and Shearer not having what it takes when we've just become the first team to come back against Stoke this season.  Its hardly a coincidence that they've won every single time they've gone ahead at home this season! (until now).

I've moved from an 8 to a 9. We needed to win today. We are 2 points and goal difference off 17th and 4 points off 16th. Sunderland's next two games they could realistically win (or draw even) and widen the gap to safety from us. Our fate is no longer in our hands. We need other teams to drop points. We were crap today until Carroll came on and then all of a sudden the team woke up. We are going to need some unexpected results from us and teams around us to save us.

Guest firetotheworks

People also seem to be forgetting how formidable Stoke are at home.  People were expecting us to join only Manure, Chelsea and Everton in beating them and are gutted and talking about us being down and Shearer not having what it takes when we've just become the first team to come back against Stoke this season.  Its not a coincidence that they've won every single time they've gone ahead at home, until now.

:thup: Agreed. I hope that's put across to the players too.