Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Wouldn't place a bet on this

Villa: Everton, Arsenal, West Ham-Current position: 19th-Current points: 30-Current GD: -27

Bournemouth: Man City, Southampton, Everton Current position: 18th-Current points: 31-Current GD: -24

West Ham:  Watford, Man U, Villa  Current position: 16th-Current points: 34-Current GD: -15

Watford:  West Ham, Man City, Arsenal Current position: 17th-Current points: 34-Current GD: -21

Ideally

Villa win by one goal on Thursday.

Watford beat West Ham on Friday and are safe.

West Ham lose to Manure, Villa lose to Arsenal

Sets up West Ham and Villa on the last day, which Villa win.

Bournemouth get 6 from their last 3 games and don't get thrashed by Man City condemning Villa down on GD after they just condemned West Ham.

Relegation and top 4 race will be mint

Remaining PL fixtures:

Chelsea Norwich- Liverpool - Wolves Current points: 60-Current GD: 14

Leicester Sheffield United- Tottenham - Man United Current points: 59-Current GD: 29

Man United Southampton- Crystal Palace- West Ham- Leicester Current points: 58 -Current GD: 26

Relegation

Villa- Arsenal, West Ham-Current position: 19th-Current points: 31 Current GD: -27

Bournemouth- Southampton, Everton Current position: 18th-Current points: 31-Current GD: -25

West Ham-Watford, Man U, Villa  Current position: 16th-Current points: 34-Current GD: -15

Watford-West Ham, Man City, Arsenal Current position: 17th-Current points: 34-Current GD: -21

Top 4 race

Remaining PL fixtures:

Chelsea - Liverpool - Wolves Current points: 63-Current GD: 15

Leicester - Tottenham - Man United Current points: -62 Current GD: 31

Man United -West Ham- Leicester Current points: 62 -Current GD: 26

So I need a Watford Win tomorrow, Villa to get a point against Arsenal, Man U to turn West ham over and then a final day shoot out between West Ham and Villa.

Can see Bournemouth getting 6 points which takes there GD to a worst case scenario of -23. If I get Watford's win tomorrow but they then lose their last 2 it puts them on -23 at best. Both on 37 points

So it's likely that the current bottom 3 are the 3 to go but those mix of fixtures could easily see one of West Ham or Watford drop.

I wouldn't put much money on it.

Despite the win today I see Leicester miss out on the top 4 with Chelsea turning Liverpool over to clinch their place and Man U winning on the last day

edit - being daft with Watford there. the -23 assumed a 1-0 win tomorrow when of course it could be anything.

If Watford lose today then I honestly think they will go down.

The big question is will it be Bournemouth or Villa to take their place?

On paper Bournemouth have the better fixtures, but Arsenal have a habit of giving up against relegation threatened teams and giving them an unlikely 3 points. It will all depend on if Bournemouth decide to blow hot or cold really. If it goes to the last day I can really see Villa winning against West Ham, especially if West Ham are safe at that point.

Think Watford and West Ham will draw and a four point difference will be too much for Villa and Bournemouth to overcome. Both have the second and third worst goal difference, too -27(Villa) and -25(Bournemouth). We're not far behind at -18(fifth worst). It's why I genuinely fear for us next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bournemouth and Watford look far better than we do. Their results will pick up. West Ham will bin Pellegrini and doubtless spend in Jan to pull out of it. It’ll be us, Villa and possibly Brighton in a race to the bottom.

Tell is the lotto numbers pal.

Ooo, prompted me to look back at my own crystal balling.

Our form from Boxing Day was: L L L D W D D L L D W

Loads of absolute stinkers, long stretches without even a goal, one miracle, and a couple of victories to keep our heads above water. I'll be very, very surprised if it concludes any differently to what's preceded it. We'll be fine.

Post-restart: W D W D L L L D L.

Loads of absolute stinkers and a couple of victories to keep our heads above water. Been the way all season long.

Bournemouth and Watford look far better than we do. Their results will pick up. West Ham will bin Pellegrini and doubtless spend in Jan to pull out of it. It’ll be us, Villa and possibly Brighton in a race to the bottom.

:lol::lol: you’re such a hoot.

:lol::lol: you’re such a hoot.

Just trying to be as funny as you Disco.

It's a tough job.