Relegationometer

Yorkie

Relegationometer  

332 members have voted

1. 1. We going down then or what? 10 - aye, doomed, no hope of salvation / 5 - can't call it / 0 - nah we're sound, can't wait for next season

Parker will be telling his team they'll stay up and can win all their games.

Ours will be telling our players how good the opposition are and how tough everything is.

The loser mentality, it's rife through our manger and club.

So true. Bruce is such a coward

He’s already started getting excuses in with COVID. Any other PL club and this f***er would have been long gone, in fact he wouldn’t have been here in the first place. Incredibly Ashley has surpassed himself again on how not to run a football club, extraordinary considering he has a supposed 350 takeover in the background. This time it will come to bite him in the arse when the takeover collapses and he has a half full stadium next year in the Championship.

I think you're a bit optimistic saying a half full stadium tbh

Wouldn’t argue with you on that either

It will be pretty full , no matter what division, I’d say 45k average would watch turnips grow .

I don't think so - the crowds were going down under Bruce already. This will be a third relegation and no Rafa optimism this time, and no novelty - and I think covid may have broken the habit for some.

Ours will be telling our players how good the opposition are and how tough everything is.

He’s already started getting excuses in with COVID. Any other PL club and this f***er would have been long gone, in fact he wouldn’t have been here in the first place. Incredibly Ashley has surpassed himself again on how not to run a football club, extraordinary considering he has a supposed 350 takeover in the background. This time it will come to bite him in the arse when the takeover collapses and he has a half full stadium next year in the Championship.

It will be pretty full , no matter what division, I’d say 45k average would watch turnips grow .

I don't think so - the crowds were going down under Bruce already. This will be a third relegation and no Rafa optimism this time, and no novelty - and I think covid may have broken the habit for some.

Totally agree here, the people in my circle (with a good few being season ticket holders for years) are to a person saying enough is enough. 10,000 turned there back last year and you can at least double that this year. Maybe Ashley will give 20,000 - 25,000 tickets away, but, I can’t see it.

Even if Leeds draw with Fulham, we're 1 point ahead with 2 games more to play. We need to go for against Brighton. Going to be a nervous game.

the other game in hand is liverpool away and they won't be pap then. we will go to Brighton hoping for a 0-0

Totally agree here, the people in my circle (with a good few being season ticket holders for years) are to a person saying enough is enough. 10,000 turned there back last year and you can at least double that this year. Maybe Ashley will give 20,000 - 25,000 tickets away, but, I can’t see it.

We say this every time man, they keep rolling up, no footy for a while will have the first few games sold out the realisation will kick in and the crowds will drop , 100% , blokes will go just to get back to the match I’m telling you .

Book mark this  O0. We will sell out first few games no matter what division.

We say this every time man, they keep rolling up, no footy for a while will have the first few games sold out the realisation will kick in and the crowds will drop , 100% , blokes will go just to get back to the match I’m telling you .

Book mark this  O0 . We will sell out first few games no matter what division.

No chance whatsoever unless there is a takeover. If Ashley is in charge you’re living in cloud cuckoo land with that statement, but, as you said we will see

Our first Ashley season in the Championship was an average of mid-high 30’s wasn’t it? That was also during a successful season with a likeable manager.

Could easily see attendances of 30k next season, especially if there was some muppet like Bruce in charge.

Edit - official average attendance was 43k, but it was never that high in real term ‘bums on seats’.

Book mark this  O0. We will sell out first few games no matter what division.

That's not really true though, crowds did drop in 2019/20 such that Ashley shat himself and gave away half season tickets for free!

Our first Ashley season in the Championship was an average of mid-high 30’s wasn’t it? That was also during a successful season with a likeable manager.

Could easily see attendances of 30k next season, especially if there was some muppet like Bruce in charge.

Edit - official average attendance was 43k, but it was never that high in real term ‘bums on seats’.

Just under 44k. Looked about right as well. The entire Level 7 was sold out every game (family enclosure, singing corner and most away teams sold out their allocation as well). Only noticeable gaps tended to be right at the back of the Gallowgate and front of the Leazes.

Hughton wasn't a particularly popular manager at the time, nor was he unpopular mind. More just a "Meh" sort of manager really. His popularity improved massively throughout the season and then into the next season before he was sacked.

When you think he brought us back up, had us in a decent position in the league and was sacked yet Bruce has just been a complete shit show yet his job seems safe it just defies all logic really.

Just under 44k. Looked about right as well. The entire Level 7 was sold out every game (family enclosure, singing corner and most away teams sold out their allocation as well). Only noticeable gaps tended to be right at the back of the Gallowgate and front of the Leazes.

Hughton wasn't a particularly popular manager at the time, nor was he unpopular mind. More just a "Meh" sort of manager really. His popularity improved massively throughout the season and then into the next season before he was sacked.

When you think he brought us back up, had us in a decent position in the league and was sacked yet Bruce has just been a complete s*** show yet his job seems safe it just defies all logic really.

I remember numerous games where there were significant gaps. Maybe my mind is getting the better of me, but I recall some games that looked less than the advertised attendances.

My point was the early attendances were lower than 40k, the attendances only increased as performances were good and we were doing well. Plus, as you say, Hughton’s popularity increased.

A s*** start to a Championship season, under a disliked manager is likely to see the opposite and attendances fall from the starting figure of 37k.

The cold hard truth of the matter is the attendance should be zero until Ashley goes. The stadium like it is now should be how all games are played in front of until him and Bruce fuck off. If that was the case years ago he would be long gone by now I’m sure.

It’s in our hands as it has been all along we just have too many thick selfish cunts

Guest reefatoon

We seem to be putting all our hopes on our front three coming back, while blindly ignoring the fact we have been utter shit with them playing too. There is only one lift we can get and that is sacking off Bruce and that isn’t happening for some bizarre reason. We are down this season, no escaping it and it’s what Ashley, his little arse licking minions in charge and the useless twat of a manger all deserve. Useless cunts from top to bottom.

The cold hard truth of the matter is the attendance should be zero until Ashley goes. The stadium like it is now should be how all games are played in front of until him and Bruce f*** off. If that was the case years ago he would be long gone by now I’m sure.

It’s in our hands as it has been all along we just have too many thick selfish c***s

It’s never going to happen though. With corporate, away fans, ticket give aways through corporate, universities etc. I’d be surprised if the attendances would ever drop below 20k. You’ve then got the ‘diehards’ who refuse to miss one game for anything which would bring it to 25k+.

That said, I completely agree with your point and it should happen. Sadly, it never will.

The cold hard truth of the matter is the attendance should be zero until Ashley goes. The stadium like it is now should be how all games are played in front of until him and Bruce f*** off. If that was the case years ago he would be long gone by now I’m sure.

It’s in our hands as it has been all along we just have too many thick selfish c***s

It’s never going to happen though. With corporate, away fans, ticket give aways through corporate, universities etc. I’d be surprised if the attendances would ever drop below 20k. You’ve then got the ‘diehards’ who refuse to miss one game for anything which would bring it to 25k+.

That said, I completely agree with your point and it should happen. Sadly, it never will.

Well we only have ourselves to blame. 14 years of this shit under Ashley now and people are still turning up and giving him money it’s ridiculous. He doesn't give one fuck about NUFC or the city or fans and it’s clear how much he hates us and is destroying the club yet people are happy to still fund it.

Incredible and get what we deserve.

Bruce needs sacking after Wolves, to give the new guy chance to put things right. If they leave it late, throwing the new manager a fixture list of Liverpool (a), Arsenal (h), Leicester (a), Man City (h), Sheff Utd (h), Fulham (a) will be too little too late.

Said this back in February and it already looks to be true. 4 points lost from the last two games and the potential for Brighton to be a 6 pointer in the wrong direction.

We’ll probably act, because we’ll fall into the bottom three this weekend. But it’s already too late. Ashley won’t sack him until after Burnley imo, we’ll be 3+ points adrift and 5 almost impossible games for a new manager.

When you think he brought us back up, had us in a decent position in the league and was sacked yet Bruce has just been a complete s*** show yet his job seems safe it just defies all logic really.

I remember numerous games where there were significant gaps. Maybe my mind is getting the better of me, but I recall some games that looked less than the advertised attendances.

My point was the early attendances were lower than 40k, the attendances only increased as performances were good and we were doing well. Plus, as you say, Hughton’s popularity increased.

A s*** start to a Championship season, under a disliked manager is likely to see the opposite and attendances fall from the starting figure of 37k.

Aye the first game was just under 37k. Live on Sky and Reading brought next to no fans. Jumped up to just under 44k for the next game. As I say I thought the crowd figure looked about right back then, around 8,000 gaps on average. Far more accurate than the past few seasons figures anyway!

Agree attendance will nose dive next season. The warning signs are there now. Having to give away 10k season tickets in the Premier League is unheard of. Could see crowds hovering around the low 30,000s next season. A lot of people who went purely out of habit could well give it up as well. I know of a few of these who now aren't arsed about going back.

Aye the first game was just under 37k. Live on Sky and Reading brought next to no fans. Jumped up to just under 44k for the next game. As I say I thought the crowd figure looked about right back then, around 8,000 gaps on average. Far more accurate than the past few seasons figures anyway!

Agree attendance will nose dive next season. The warning signs are there now. Having to give away 10k season tickets in the Premier League is unheard of. Could see crowds hovering around the low 30,000s next season. A lot of people who went purely out of habit could well give it up as well. I know of a few of these who now aren't arsed about going back.

Same here including a large number who were what I would class as absolute diehards. Be interesting to find out if the people who are saying crowds won't drop massively are actually living in the area, as I've never seen this level of discord and I'm in my 50s and been going since the 70s. Not one (and I mean not one) person that I have spoken to have said they will return under Ashley never mind relegation. They are all saying enough is enough.

Keep hearing some people saying because of covid and fans not being able to watch live, that they will flock back. Think you find the exact opposite as people are unfortunately having to tighten their purses very tightly and/or found other things to do/interests. Why are people who have had financial cuts due to covid going to fork out on watching a club with no ambition whatsoever and experiencing probably the worst football in the history of this club. I've experienced the 70s and 80s when crowds dropped significantly due to financial restraints throughout this period.

The only thing that is going to turn this club around is a takeover. I'm convinced that this won't happen if this club is relegated.

Fair enough lads just my opinion, I said the early few games, lads will be desperate just to get back to the match and we WILL sell our allocation at home , you watch .