Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Who the fuck knows if this is even true? Having said that, it would square with what the PL previously said, which was PIF pulled out and there's nothing to consider. And why reject it when the PL's perfect position is there's nothing to reject? But at this point, just what the fuck man?

But the Saudis pulling out is irrelevant? I thought the entire process goes through the club, i.e. Newcastle United? We know that PIF issued their statement ages ago, but we also know that continued negotiations have gone on behind the scenes, and it should have had no impact on the formal process.

But the Saudis pulling out is irrelevant? I thought the entire process goes through the club, i.e. Newcastle United? We know that PIF issued their statement ages ago, but we also know that continued negotiations have gone on behind the scenes, and it should have had no impact on the formal process.

Aye, the declaration of a proposed director is submitted by the club, it's probably only the club who can withdraw the declaration and stop the process. If the PL have made the assumption that PIF have withdrawn, without the club withdrawing the declaration, it sounds like they're probably on very shaky ground.

Must admit I did laugh out loud when I read that. Pretty much sums the whole thing up.

The club & buyers think/say one thing.

The Premier league say no comment

Then journalists are Briefed by someone else

As has been said multiple times, its down to the club to inform the league of a takeover and also of the end of that takeover, its not for the league to decide its over because of a announcement from a third party.  Clearly something has happened recently to bring this announcement from the club.  Its quite silly to try to claim this is a reaction from when PIF pulled out.

So, everything was apparently very promising, and the buying side felt approval was imminent, then Ashley drops a bombshell that its been rejected, but now the PL are saying it HASN'T been rejected.

Ergo, are they going to approve it??!!

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:lol:

So, everything was apparently very promising, and the buying side felt approval was imminent, then Ashley drops a bombshell that its been rejected, but now the PL are saying it HASN'T been rejected.

Ergo, are they going to approve it??!!

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

:lol:

Reads like cans to me 😂