Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest chopey

"Not Mauriss" is Kenyon isn't it.

I've just realized, the other two parts of the tweet make depressing reading

Delete my account.

Contemplating the same request tbh.

Not sure why I'm refreshing pages, it's not like the takeover is happening. Glutton for punishment.

Tbh I’ve found reading the anger and frustration from everyone else quite helpful. I’m not alone I’m feeling totally helpless and done with the club.

Part of me now hopes that there are no other bidders for NUFC and that Lardy Arse Ashley is as gutted that the takeover has collapsed as we all are and that he goes bankrupt in the very near future.

Well, we can but dream!  :dave:

Imagine how virtually impossible it’s going to be to believe or get behind another bid. You couldn’t get any closer to competition and it’s still fucked up. 3 months back we wore out refresh buttons expecting announcements. Given the gravity of the bid and the potential financial clout this is going to be a what could have been story for every one of us for probably the rest of our lives.

It looks to me like it floundered on the issue of the connection between PIF and the Saudi government. If PIF acknowledged it, they'd end up with problems on the human rights issue, and possibly the issue of influence over Sheffield United as well.

It looks like they tried to minimise it, but then that didn't make any sense in terms of where the power and wealth ultimately lay within the company.

It looks like Staveley is a bit of a chancer and has overplayed her hand again.

I'm not disappointed right now because over the last week I'd finally concluded that, given the circumstances, the bid couldn't go through. My fear was that it was going to drag out even longer and effectively paralyse the club.

Ref my Darren Gough info just passing on. Don’t shoot the messenger :lol:

He just read out a text he received in April saying what one of the main concerns were for it passing. No SA representation available to question.

I’m no fan of DG but end of the day these people are in the same circles as the likes of GolfMag etc. People talk.

I go away out of signal for one day since this shit broke and come back to this. Motherfucker :lol:

For my part I was never dead set on the Saudi's so if the prick has another buyer get the cunt sold and we'll roll the dice.

Not making any grand "that's me out" statements until we see where we are at the start of the season. If it's Bruce/Ashley I'll be flicking the switch though.

Fingers crossed the Qataris buy us now as considering how bent they are we'll rule the world in no time.

I suppose I should put my long held, out-of-date brown ale back in the garage, no need for it for the foreseeable.

Half the problem with this whole thing is that even if we were to get bought out by someone else now we, even though we'd finally be rid of Ashley, the shine will be taken off it because it's extremely unlikely they would have the funds to invest int he club and surrounding area like the Saudis. The whole situation has ruined everything, all thanks to the EPL, I already hated Ashley but he's always been a greedy cunt, if the Prem had done their tests in a reasonable time the whole exclusivity clause expiring would have been a moot point.

Delete my account.

Contemplating the same request tbh.

Not sure why I'm refreshing pages, it's not like the takeover is happening. Glutton for punishment.

Tbh I’ve found reading the anger and frustration from everyone else quite helpful. I’m not alone I’m feeling totally helpless and done with the club.

We will all be back as much as we might even try to leave. Might just be until 2026 when ashley finally sells us as a non league club that the hope is enough for us to return.

Gutted - this was our one chance for this club to go somewhere.  Its been an utter farse from the start.  PL are totally corrupt,  dragged their heels to protect other interests.  Am convinced of it.

Ah well looks like us Negative Nellies were right all along and Qatar (who let's face it control World football) get their way again.

It's a real shame for all those who were certain it was going to happen and had hung their hats on it so to speak.

Think about it for a moment though and there's no way Newcastle United were ever going to be allowed to become the richest football club in the World. It just wasn't going to happen.

I suppose I should put my long held, out-of-date brown ale back in the garage, no need for it for the foreseeable.

Half the problem with this whole thing is that even if we were to get bought out by someone else now we, even though we'd finally be rid of Ashley, the shine will be taken off it because it's extremely unlikely they would have the funds to invest int he club and surrounding area like the Saudis. The whole situation has ruined everything, all thanks to the EPL, I already hated Ashley but he's always been a greedy cunt, if the Prem had done their tests in a reasonable time the whole exclusivity clause expiring would have been a moot point.

your last sentence is my thoughts exactly.

Imagine how virtually impossible it’s going to be to believe or get behind another bid. You couldn’t get any closer to competition and it’s still fucked up. 3 months back we wore out refresh buttons expecting announcements. Given the gravity of the bid and the potential financial clout this is going to be a what could have been story for every one of us for probably the rest of our lives.

I barely believed this one.

There are really only two choices for Newcastle fans now. Either decide to follow the club anyway and just enjoy a match as much as you can, forgetting about ownership or ambition. Or walk away. I think both are valid and protect your sanity. It's the sticking around and hoping that kills you.

Ah well looks like us Negative Nellies were right all along and Qatar (who let's face it control World football) get their way again.

It's a real shame for all those who were certain it was going to happen and had hung their hats on it so to speak.

Think about it for a moment though and there's no way Newcastle United were ever going to be allowed to become the richest football club in the World. It just wasn't going to happen.

I think we were all in the mood for an "I told you so post"

Cheers