Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

I remember when the news broke about Rafa and there was a feeling of disbelief, but also a sense of inevitability that nothing will ever work out with our club. The back and forth between manager and club, played out in the media over a period of time before an official statement dropped. I haven't been to a game since the end of that season and it was only when a ticket from a friend became available. Today it was a similar feeling, with no real attachment to the investment group, but just a flat, dismal thought about what could have been. The process has been frustrating, although from reading this thread it would seem a lot of fans invested hope in there being a change.

I just want a club that I can be proud of, that has an awareness of the community that supports it and the people that challenge it to be the best that it can. We've drifted along in the hope of remaining in the Premier League due to the huge financial benefits clubs receive simply for turning up - partly due to the vast overseas broadcasting deals. Football is a product, but your club is what you talk to your granddad about during a Sunday tea - it's the topic with friends that you haven't seen in a while discussing past games - the icebreaker at an event where you don't know anyone. For too long we simply haven't been a club and the longer this antipathy continues the more likely Newcastle United becomes a past time for the majority rather than the few.

No offence to George but I don’t believe a word he says anymore.

He knew fuck all for a long time and yet people were hanging on to his every tweet.

So many mugs on here, and out of here, wasted their time, energy and effort on following this takeover far too deeply and far too attached to it. Mugs, really.

He always maintained his source was on the buyers side, they were confident throughout. He didn't report too much beyond that.

People want their club back, they want to be able to enjoy watching their team again. They don't want to hear some smug cunt say 'I told you so' after the fact.

He knew fuck all for a long time and yet people were hanging on to his every tweet.

So many mugs on here, and out of here, wasted their time, energy and effort on following this takeover far too deeply and far too attached to it. Mugs, really.

He always maintained his source was on the buyers side, they were confident throughout. He didn't report too much beyond that.

People want their club back, they want to be able to enjoy watching their team again. They don't want to hear some smug cunt say 'I told you so' after the fact.

Mug.

Why call fellow fans who have invested some much time and passion in the club over the years.

They seen a glimmer of hope and got attached so what no harm done really.

Coming on a forum to call them names is just plain stupid at this time or any time. Just let them pass you by wobble your head if thats how you feel don't be an arse by calling them mugs.

Why call fellow fans who have invested some much time and passion in the club over the years.

Coming on a forum to call them names is just plain stupid at this time or any time. Just let them pass you by wobble your head if thats how you feel don't be an arse by calling them mugs.

Good post

Mug.

:lol:

Grow up.

Good post

Cheers

Post like his annoy me more than the shite in the press

He knew f*** all for a long time and yet people were hanging on to his every tweet.

Well said. Absolutely no need for that sort of shite.

I think I'm inclined to believe Amanda Staveley. The only think niggling me about GM's source is that because they are from the LMA, they are part of the game's authorities. They are surely never going to actively blame the PL and it therefore seems to make a little sense to me that they'd choose to deflect the blame to MA.

The problem with this is that it's perfectly believable for MA to have done what has been suggested.  :lol:

Guest neesy111

I think I'm inclined to believe Amanda Staveley. The only think niggling me about GM's source is that because they are from the LMA, they are part of the game's authorities. They are surely never going to actively blame the PL and it therefore seems to make a little sense to me that they'd choose to deflect the blame to MA.

The problem with this is that it's perfectly believable for MA to have done what has been suggested.  :lol:

He's never disclosed who his source was.