Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Its crazy they can (and are) just sitting without making a decision either way.

If they aren't getting the answers or satisfactory answers from the consortium, then reject/fail them, and the appeal starts.

But to just sit there ignoring it without an end in sight is just unacceptable.

Just hope the pressure of the petition  MPs and now Bozza makes them do, well... something??!!

Looks like we've cracked the key to getting online petition signatures - get some lass with an Only Fans account to tweet it and promise nudes for anyone signing  :lol:

Seen a Liverpool-supporting da from the West Mids reply to say he's signed it ffs.

Unfortunately it's probably eradicated whatever little credibility online petitions still had.

Watch this get back on track, only for Mauriss to pip them at the post. The fume towards him would be gargantuan. The poor mysterious cunt would be on a hiding to nothing.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, we've barely heard a peep about him since the PIF bid was aborted. He served his purpose for BeIN and their sexual predator presenter, so I don't think he'll be popping up any time soon.

Watch this get back on track, only for Mauriss to pip them at the post. The fume towards him would be gargantuan. The poor mysterious cunt would be on a hiding to nothing.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, we've barely heard a peep about him since the PIF bid was aborted. He served his purpose for BeIN and their sexual predator presenter, so I don't think he'll be popping up any time soon.

You might want to check out Luke Edwards tweet from earlier on today.

Guest reefatoon

Looks like we've cracked the key to getting online petition signatures - get some lass with an Only Fans account to tweet it and promise nudes for anyone signing  :lol:

Seen a Liverpool-supporting da from the West Mids reply to say he's signed it ffs.

Unfortunately it's probably eradicated whatever little credibility online petitions still had.

Would you still get said nudes if you had signed the form already? Asking for a pervert.

O&D test should only concern the individual club. In short can they fund it and provide a plan that safeguards the club.

What EPL are doing in reality is protecting its other 19 members.

The issue is with football you have promotion and relegation so in my eyes what they are doing isn’t fair as it’s not in the interests of NUFC right now as we are in their division.

The fact we could go down and it would sail through then we get promoted and promotion can’t be blocked (as far as I’m aware) makes a mockery of it all.

This is not true. It's been repeated many (many) times, but it's not true. Strictly speaking.

According to the rules, every club that wins promotion must submit their directors to the PL O&D test:

F. 3. Within 21 days of becoming a member of the League each Club promoted from The Football League shall likewise submit to the Board a duly completed Declaration in respect of each of its Directors signed as aforesaid.

However, immediately above this is another curiosity:

F. 2. Not later than 14 days before the commencement of each Season, each Club shall submit to the Board a duly completed Declaration in respect of each of its Directors signed by the Director to which it refers and by an Authorised Signatory, who shall not be the same Person.

It strikes me, and I've said this before, the problem isn't that the rules aren't being followed. It's that they're not being followed equitably. Because, by my reading of that, each club has to list all their directors (and owners and controlling interests) and declare that they are fit and proper persons to be a director in the PL. (NB "Fit and proper person" in this context means has not committed any "disqualifying events" that would prevent him from being a director)

Would you still get said nudes if you had signed the form already? Asking for a pervert.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

O&D test should only concern the individual club. In short can they fund it and provide a plan that safeguards the club.

The issue is with football you have promotion and relegation so in my eyes what they are doing isn’t fair as it’s not in the interests of NUFC right now as we are in their division.

The fact we could go down and it would sail through then we get promoted and promotion can’t be blocked (as far as I’m aware) makes a mockery of it all.

This is not true. It's been repeated many (many) times, but it's not true. Strictly speaking.

According to the rules, every club that wins promotion must submit their directors to the PL O&D test:

F. 3. Within 21 days of becoming a member of the League each Club promoted from The Football League shall likewise submit to the Board a duly completed Declaration in respect of each of its Directors signed as aforesaid.

However, immediately above this is another curiosity:

F. 2. Not later than 14 days before the commencement of each Season, each Club shall submit to the Board a duly completed Declaration in respect of each of its Directors signed by the Director to which it refers and by an Authorised Signatory, who shall not be the same Person.

It strikes me, and I've said this before, the problem isn't that the rules aren't being followed. It's that they're not being followed equitably. Because, by my reading of that, each club has to list all their directors (and owners and controlling interests) and declare that they are fit and proper persons to be a director in the PL. (NB "Fit and proper person" in this context means has not committed any "disqualifying events" that would prevent him from being a director)

:thup:

thing that can't be ignored is the piracy stuff as its perceived as a threat to future tv income from the MENA region for all 20 clubs they can't just ignore it and wave it through as they'll have 19 other clubs, bein and hell probably a few other rights holders hammering at their door wondering what the fuck they're playing at on one hand taking various efforts to stop the piracy and getting nowhere and on the other just letting the crowd who have been letting the piracy happen just waltz in. Saudi Arabia has shown 0 signs of doing anything to think they're going to crack down on it and indeed seem to be doing the exact opposite by appealing the WTO judgement and banning bein

thing that can't be ignored is the piracy stuff as its perceived as a threat to future tv income from the MENA region for all 20 clubs they can't just ignore it and wave it through as they'll have 19 other clubs, bein and hell probably a few other rights holders hammering at their door wondering what the f*** they're playing at on one hand taking various efforts to stop the piracy and getting nowhere and on the other just letting the crowd who have been letting the piracy happen just waltz in. Saudi Arabia has shown 0 signs of doing anything to think they're going to crack down on it and indeed seem to be doing the exact opposite by appealing the WTO judgement and banning bein

They announced new piracy measures and the momentum appeared to be with us at that point, it was the banning of bein that arguably pushed it over the edge. Masters stated at the commons select committee they wanted to see a positive response from them re piracy.

A big gesture by the Saudis at this point ie reinstating bein might break the deadlock on this, I don’t believe for one second the ownership structure is the deal breaker.

You might want to check out Luke Edwards tweet from earlier on today.

Not been on here much today so haven't seen anything by Luke Edwards, but since I don't take him seriously I doubt it has any substance to it. Probably just trolling fans as per usual.

thing that can't be ignored is the piracy stuff as its perceived as a threat to future tv income from the MENA region for all 20 clubs they can't just ignore it and wave it through as they'll have 19 other clubs, bein and hell probably a few other rights holders hammering at their door wondering what the fuck they're playing at on one hand taking various efforts to stop the piracy and getting nowhere and on the other just letting the crowd who have been letting the piracy happen just waltz in. Saudi Arabia has shown 0 signs of doing anything to think they're going to crack down on it and indeed seem to be doing the exact opposite by appealing the WTO judgement and banning bein

Not sure why you quoted my post unless you’ve missed the point of it. Particularly the later half of it.

But the test only take into account behavior that is an offence that has resulted in a conviction, or would be equivalent to an offence in this country whether or not there has been an actual conviction.

In this case the PL my be equating the WTO report to a conviction of an offence (although that seems to be really pushing the boundaries of their definition) but the O&D test rules also have an exception for circumstances where there is an appeal against the conviction of an offence and it would not be reasonable to await its outcome, as is clearly the case hear because the WTO appeal process is in limbo.

That appeal has probably killed any case the PL could have to resist the takeover on the basis of piracy.