Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If they are messing with the ownership amounts Saudi could (albeit won't) donate 10% to be owned by fans. Dare them to block it on moral grounds being the only club in league with some fan ownership (even if easily ignored)

Imagine if they donated 9% to the trust so they kept a 51% majority, there would be hell on if that got rejected.

If they are messing with the ownership amounts Saudi could (albeit won't) donate 10% to be owned by fans. Dare them to block it on moral grounds being the only club in league with some fan ownership (even if easily ignored)

That would be a very clever if unlikely move, it would change the narrative completely in our favour.

Some Twitter random is saying they've changed it to Staveley 20% Reubens 20% PIF 60% and PL mulling it over. Almost certainly bollocks but there you go.

That’s been a suggestions and wishful thinking scenario for a while.

Nothing more in it than wishful thinking.

The TV rights is nothing to do with the delay - it’s the make up of PIF and influence of MBS.

Which is easily solved and will be solved.

You're saying this as fact, rather than opinion. Depends who you believe of course.

Which deleted account were you btw? Godzilla?

Both the PL and buyer have said this - it’s about the only thing they both agree on.

Staveley through her various interviews and the PL through their propaganda session just before PIF ‘withdrew’ claiming there was an impasse due to the make up of the organisations.

Plus it’s also what I’ve heard, unofficially, and makes the most sense as legally the PL couldn’t reject the takeover based on the piracy.

Can you put a link to where the premier league said this please?

I’ve literally told you what happened in my post, the articles were all posted in this thread - go and read it yourself and join the dots up.

Why whenever I ask posters like you (you know, the ones who "KNOW THIS IS ON") you always refuse to post the links to your facts?

Because I work a full time job and don’t have the time/can’t be arsed to pull up the 5 or 6 articles which were posted at the time.

Here’s one, by example: www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/07/27/newcastle-united-takeover-gridlocked-saudi-led-consortium-struggles/amp/

Fwiw, I’ve never said ‘I know it’s on’ - I’ve just posted the information I have which may or may not be relevant or true. I’m confident it is on, but the only people who ‘know’ are sat in PL headquarters.

Ahh, I misunderstood. I read your post as it being the PL who had said it, which is why you were so certain. But actually it's Luke Edwards. That makes things much clearer.

So you're basing your facts (opinions) on a story from Luke Edwards and some information put out by Staveley. Cool.

And the 5 other articles all written at exactly the same time? Did Luke Edwards tell them? Or was the information from a source distributed to multiple journalists at the same time?

Not sure why Staveley would be the source - she was furious by it.

Not sure why Ashley would be the source - he nearly lost much needed investment.

Who else is left?...

Then ask yourself - why is it important for the PL to have MBS added as a director if it's nothing relating to piracy?

Already been answered countless times - because the PL have concerns he will have control of (or major influence in) the club, which is against their rules as a state cannot own a club.

Right, so they want it so they can reject it? So basically they have every right to be asking for this if it's going to be the case (you say it's easily solved)

It is easily solved - assurances have been given that MBS will have no control. PL weren’t willing to accept that, but with the pressure now being applied, it is hoped that the PL will reconsider this stance and accept the assurances they have been given.

He's the chairman of the public investment fund for fuck sake, stop deluding yourself.

Sheik Mansour owns Abu Dhabi United Group, which owns 80% of Manchester City. What’s your point?

The Abu Dhabi United Group isn't the investment fund of Abu Dhabi or the UAE.

Twitter’s allowed people to hide replies for ages. Problem is it just groups them together for people to click on and often amplifies them. :lol: Bit of a daft move for them, not a good look that that’s their only acknowledgement of it.

Sorry, I'm being a bit of a knob and trying to lighten things up around here.

I'll be getting fresh information tomorrow, if there is any. It will be around 6/7pm.

I am off to Rehills though, in all honesty. I'm bang into sours at the minute.

I'll be getting fresh information tomorrow, if there is any. It will be around 6/7pm.

Good man. Pomona Island are knocking out some cracking stuff at the minute, including a few lovely sours :thup:

Might as well get one of their home made onion bhaji’s whilst you are there.

The PL refusing to reject it for fear of being brought to court over it. So the consortium in limbo, a situation they can do nothing about if they’re waiting on the PL.

Surely the answer would be to just proceed with the sale (which is a private transaction).

The PL would then be in a position where they HAVE TO either approve or block it.

The Athletic podcast said Caulkin is on holiday in France earlier so it may be you don't get an update this week.

The Athletic podcast said Caulkin is on holiday in France earlier so it may be you don't get an update this week.

Where do all the buyers meet and mingle? South of France

Guest neesy111

Twitter’s allowed people to hide replies for ages. Problem is it just groups them together for people to click on and often amplifies them. :lol: Bit of a daft move for them, not a good look that that’s their only acknowledgement of it.

Could just be their poor social manager, who's had enough.