Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Cheesy Beans

Confused by the “it’s the club I’d like to hear from” line.

What are the club expected to say? It’s on/off? Why would that be their place to say when the issue lies between the consortium and the PL?

What are the club expected to say? It’s on/off? Why would that be their place to say when the issue lies between the consortium and the PL?

Don't you think it's absolutely pathetic that the club hasn't said anything about this? Utter disdain towards its supporters, as expected. There's been absolutely no "thanks for last season" or "we're excited for the next season" (as far as I've seen at least, haven't paid that close attention). Didn't think it was possible, but they are just getting worse and worse.

He's absolutely right. The club should be making a statement to let us know where things stand and what the plan is, not the buyers.

But we're not a proper club.

The club's communication to supporters just stinks in general.

- It took them ages to say what they were doing with regards to refunds

- While I wouldn't expect them to comment during a NDA, there's been nowt but that feeble statement from Charnley saying Ashley's still committed to a sale

- It took a Slovakian keeper coach to shed light on what's happened to Dubravka and they've still not confirmed Joelinton's in quarantine

- A pre-season friendly against Burra in which we were gubbed was weirdly referred to as a "training match" with no in-game updates

Then you can add in shite like the social media team RTing Fernandez's tweet about having a word with Messi when the policy is clearly recruit for next to nowt.

Proper defensive stuff. Is Lee Marshall still involved? The fella who used to bite constantly on Twitter?

Guest neesy111

- While I wouldn't expect them to comment during a NDA, there's been nowt but that feeble statement from Charnley saying Ashley's still committed to a sale

- It took a Slovakian keeper coach to shed light on what's happened to Dubravka and they've still not confirmed Joelinton's in quarantine

- A pre-season friendly against Burra in which we were gubbed was weirdly referred to as a "training match" with no in-game updates

Then you can add in shite like the social media team RTing Fernandez's tweet about having a word with Messi when the policy is clearly recruit for next to nowt.

Proper defensive stuff. Is Lee Marshall still involved? The fella who used to bite constantly on Twitter?

My mate still hasn't had his refunds yet.  :lol:

My mate still hasn't had his refunds yet.  :lol:

Aye, my mate was saying at the weekend that he still hasn't had a refund as well. Nothing out of the ordinary for NUFC tbh, just standard shambles.

George caulkin On the podcast gave a pretty long winded answer but essentially said he is getting on his life and assuming we are stuck with the current situation. Is this takeover dead, no it’s not but he can’t see a pathway to getting it done

George caulkin On the podcast gave a pretty long winded answer but essentially said he is getting on his life and assuming we are stuck with the current situation. Is this takeover dead, no it’s not but he can’t see a pathway to getting it done

Still absolutely staggered reading that that at no point have we been given an update/reason/statement whatever you want to call it on why. Nothing from any party following it all falling to bits. Even more baffling everyone has just dropped it and moved it without answer.

Still absolutely staggered reading that that at no point have we been given an update/reason/statement whatever you want to call it on why. Nothing from any party following it all falling to bits. Even more baffling everyone has just dropped it and moved it without answer.

PIF probably don't think it's worthy of answer.  It was a small cog in their 'Vision 2030' and won't be seen as needing much attention.

It's dead.

PIF probably don't think it's worthy of answer.  It was a small cog in their 'Vision 2030' and won't be seen as needing much attention.

It's dead.

As correctly said by someone else, the lack of communication from the club about it is disgraceful (but not in anyway surprising).

Can NUST not swoop into action?

Which means, its effectively dead.

Weirdly said they wouldn’t be pursuing Staveley for answers despite being introduced. They’ve now dropped any mention of the takeover since.

Weirdly said they wouldn’t be pursuing Staveley for answers despite being introduced. They’ve now dropped any mention of the takeover since.

Presumably because it’s over and there’s nothing left to discuss?  PIF formally withdrawn and the others confirmed as time wasters 

Edit: made a right arse of them quotes!

As I have said quite a few times, we will hear when this is finally resolved, as either a "full stop" or as a "Takeover", and we will hear absolutely NOTHING - from anyone that matters, Staveley, Reubens, PIF, Ashley, - up until that final point.

Everything else we see reported or commented on is just BS.

All we need to do is 'forget it' (kind of) and just W A I T.

As I have said quite a few times, we will hear when this is finally resolved, as either a "full stop" or as a "Takeover", and we will hear absolutely NOTHING - from anyone that matters, Staveley, Reubens, PIF, Ashley, - up until that final point.

:lol: Why do you keep ignoring we have heard from PIF already? They're out. They were funding 80% of it. Of all the parties involved that's a pretty fucking big one to get that statement from. And if everything else reported or commented on is BS, that means we ignore all the shite being spouted about how it's now being handled 'behind closed doors'.. right?

Beyond parody at this point.

:lol: Why do you keep ignoring we have heard from PIF already? They're out. They were funding 80% of it. Of all the parties involved that's a pretty fucking big one to get that statement from. And if everything else reported or commented on is BS, that means we ignore all the shite being spouted about how it's now being handled 'behind closed doors'.. right?

Weren't they also funding Staveley's 10%, as her payment?

:lol: Why do you keep ignoring we have heard from PIF already? They're out. They were funding 80% of it. Of all the parties involved that's a pretty f***ing big one to get that statement from. And if everything else reported or commented on is BS, that means we ignore all the s**** being spouted about how it's now being handled 'behind closed doors'.. right?

Because even AS and the Reuben Brother's ignored it?

Manopark is getting some totally uneccassary grief here. Just an optimistic bloke who is excitable and wants the best for the club, so what if he's slightly annoying with it?

Some serious projecting going on in here you bunch of incels.

I think as long as people aren't pretending to be ITK and spouting rubbish, then I don't seem any harm with a bit of optimism (however misguided others feel it is). Ultimately people can stay away from this thread and await news via other channels if they feel there is currently nothing further to be discussed.

I think as long as people aren't pretending to be ITK and spouting rubbish, then I don't seem any harm with a bit of optimism (however misguided others feel it is). Ultimately people can stay away from this thread and await news via other channels if they feel there is currently nothing further to be discussed.

This Friday is key!