Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Had a meeting today with very senior PIF directors and had a brief chat about this. Nothing positive unfortunately; according to them they've definitely pulled out and they (the people I was talking to) do not believe they will be back in- at least any time soon. They were understably very scathing about the premier league with regards to their handling of this.

Anyway just passing this on.

Im actually sitting with MBS now on his yacht and he says, your source is an arse and that the message he wants to give the toon army is, we are coming and when we do, the PL top 6 will have a new premier team.

Right Im off to eat some sheeps eyes,  where's that brown ale to wash them down with!

Had a meeting today with very senior PIF directors and had a brief chat about this. Nothing positive unfortunately; according to them they've definitely pulled out and they (the people I was talking to) do not believe they will be back in- at least any time soon. They were understably very scathing about the premier league with regards to their handling of this.

Really? I call BS on that one as senior PIF directors certainly wouldn’t be working yesterday or today’s as it’s the Saudis weekend

Pretty sure Mccormick works over there...or something along those lines.

It's amusing how any non-positive 'ITK' stuff is immediately written off as bullshit but a lawyer making bread is spun into a positive :lol:

edit: just for clarity I agree most things point to them still being interested and things heading in a positive direction.  Just think people are pretty sharp to dismiss anything that doesn't sound good.

Really? I call BS on that one as senior PIF directors certainly wouldn’t be working yesterday or today’s as it’s the Saudis weekend

It's amusing how any non-positive 'ITK' stuff is immediately written off as bullshit but a lawyer making bread is spun into a positive :lol:

edit: just for clarity I agree most things point to them still being interested and things heading in a positive direction.  Just think people are pretty sharp to dismiss anything that doesn't sound good.

It is important that PIF play their part in the current multi-faceted "roleplay" that is going on with the various legal actions (etc) to push this Takeover through, by their keeping quiet (keeping totally out of it) or - if they are ever directly asked - simply confirming what they said back in July, as they have done here.

This should therefore be seen as a good news thing, a 'consistent' thing - NOT as bad news (because it isn't).

If he works over there, he should know above all else that meetings are not held on Friday’s or Saturday’s especially with such a prominent company like PIF, so saying that he had a meeting today is going to raise questions and doubts

If he works over there, he should know above all else that meetings are not held on Friday’s or Saturday’s especially with such a prominent company like PIF, so saying that he had a meeting today is going to raise questions and doubts

The information he's relayed may be contrary to what you want to hear, but to my knowledge he absolutely does work/live over there and there's plenty to support that. That doesn't mean the information he has passed on is right or wrong, fwiw.

Yeah I’m not doubting the poster, not that he probably gives a shit whether I am or not. However, PIF seems to have a lot of areas of business and a lot of people working there will only have the company line. If everyone remembers the dear old Professor Chadwick, he continually claimed sources at PIF were saying they had no interest in NUFC.

As we all know he was spectacularly wrong and not even the Ronny Gill bother him for quotes anymore.

The information he's relayed may be contrary to what you want to hear, but to my knowledge he absolutely does work/live over there and there's plenty to support that. That doesn't mean the information he has passed on is right or wrong, fwiw.

I have no doubt that he lives/works over there, what I do doubt is that he was in a meeting with “senior PIF officials” (his words) on a Friday or Saturday, if he had of said the meeting was on Thursday afternoon or the meeting was with low level officials I may have believed him, but I still maintain and call BS that he was in a meeting senior PIF officials on a Saturday

:lol: As a director myself, we tend to work 7 days a week (my weekends are Thursday and Friday, personally). Like I said, it's fair enough to assume they wouldn't be telling me anything confidential and would tow the party line. I didn't push them too hard for answers; just passing on what I was told, whether it's accurate or not, well, I wouldn't know.

If PIF are cleared to buy the club then they were never away from the table, if they are rejected again then they bailed the 1st time and haven't been back since. This is their face saving PR exercise strategy and I'm guessing this (currently no interested as its not gone through) is what anyone in any capacity within PIF would be saying to anyone interested.

It shouldn't worry anyone.

If PIF are cleared to buy the club then they were never away from the table, if they are rejected again then they bailed the 1st time and haven't been back since. This is their face saving PR exercise strategy and I'm guessing this (currently no interested as its not gone through) is what anyone in any capacity within PIF would be saying to anyone interested.

It shouldn't worry anyone.

EXACTLY . . .

It is important that PIF play their part in the current multi-faceted "roleplay" that is going on with the various legal actions (etc) to push this Takeover through, by their keeping quiet (keeping totally out of it) or - if they are ever directly asked - simply confirming what they said back in July, as they have done here.

This should therefore be seen as a good news thing, a 'consistent' thing - NOT as bad news (because it isn't).

Has Ashley actually had any success stories with these acquisitions?  Seems he buys dinosaur businesses who've had their head in the sand about the reality of the future of shopping, makes big cuts to staff but continues running them the same way, they continue to decline and he moans about being ripped off (House of Fraser, Debenhams).  So he takes over Topshop and Burton, they sell the same shit but now it's all piled up and crumpled on tables with neon yellow 70% off tags, then what?

Has Ashley actually had any success stories with these acquisitions?  Seems he buys dinosaur businesses who've had their head in the sand about the reality of the future of shopping, makes big cuts to staff but continues running them the same way, they continue to decline and he moans about being ripped off (House of Fraser, Debenhams).  So he takes over Topshop and Burton, they sell the same shit but now it's all piled up and crumpled on tables with neon yellow 70% off tags, then what?

All about getting the actual shops on the High Streets through, isn’t it? The actual buildings which he can at some point develop/sell etc, rather than the business side of it?