Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

BN Airlines don't exist.

Domain:bellagraphnovagroup.com

Registrar:Wix.com Ltd.

Registered On:2020-06-13

Our takeover is older than their website. I wouldn't buy a pair of Ugg boots from this lot.

The group was formed recently if you want to dig about this people dig their previous company Dor and the other one.

Obviously that's a load of bollocks; but it would be f***ing hilariously thick if a new regime came in and made the exact same f***ing rod for their own back that the departing and detested current owners did. Appoint a legend for the cheap PR points and you leave yourself open to total and irreparable revulsion.

One would assume that said legend wouldn't be treated with the same contempt at in the Ashley/Keegan case, but it would still be a brainless move regardless, particularly if it were Shearer who has absolute no managerial resume to speak of. Would literally be safer to appoint Chopra himself.

Arteta, Pirlo, and Lampard have lots of experience right? Bollocks it is a sign of time to hire club legends without any experience.

Shearer has been out of the game at an operational level for 11 years; arguably 14 years given his spell as Newcastle manager lasted only a couple of months.

Whether Shearer came in as manager under a new regime or not, I'm curious as to why so many people don't rate his abilities on here? I mean, if it's solely because we were relegated after he got brought in are people remembering that it was for less games than Rafa had when we got relegated last time, eight to Rafa's ten? If I recall correctly, prior to his very brief stint, Shearer had been touted as having a great deal of potential and had passed his managerial exams at the top of his class. I'm not saying I'd prefer Shearer as manager over Rafa, or even as manager necessarily at all, I just wonder how people are coming to their opinions and what it's based on. Incidentally, as an aside, how old are people that are writing Shearer off, just wondered if it's the younger fans compared to the older fans or something.

Listened to first 20 mins and no idea where your coming from. They are saying a lot of similar things said on here

They intend to go back come what may

Aye that’s only bit I disagreed with but that’s their choice

Whether Shearer came in as manager under a new regime or not, I'm curious as to why so many people don't rate his abilities on here? I mean, if it's solely because we were relegated after he got brought in are people remembering that it was for less games than Rafa had when we got relegated last time, eight to Rafa's ten? If I recall correctly, prior to his very brief stint, Shearer had been touted as having a great deal of potential and had passed his managerial exams at the top of his class. I'm not saying I'd prefer Shearer as manager over Rafa, or even as manager necessarily at all, I just wonder how people are coming to their opinions and what it's based on. Incidentally, as an aside, how old are people that are writing Shearer off, just wondered if it's the younger fans compared to the older fans or something.

He's not been involved in football for over 10 years. He's never proven himself as a manager at any level and most importantly he made the decision to pursue a career in the media rather than become a manager. That alone tells you his heart is not in becoming a manager so to appoint him as one would make zero sense.

shearer's punditry suggests to me he's some kind of mix between a PFM and those players who were so good and driven themselves that they can't comprehend when players of lower ability can't do what they're expected every time

bit like keane without the obvious anger issues

Shearer would be a terrible choice and the only argument to hire him is nostalgia. Good thing these people look like they're all over the place and won't buy the club.

It would be an executive role not a managerial one. Think there's been a mixup with that bit. Later on in the article it even says.

The Asian finance company and private equity firm based in France claim that the Premier League’s highest goalscorer of all time has accepted to work with them if they take over the St. James’ Park outfit, but it’s not specifically known if that will be as a manager.

The bad news of course is that it will likely mean Bruce gets a chance to continue on. At this stage though, Mike Ashley leaving is the priority, and at least then we will have someone that can be more objective if Bruce gets a chance to spend and makes a mess of things.

Finally received a reply from the email I sent to Liz Truss...

Dear Scott,

Thank you for your email. Elizabeth has raised your concerns with Oliver Dowden MP, Sport and Culture Minister, and please be assured that she will be back in touch as soon as she receives a response.

Best wishes,

Sally Washington - Caseworker

Office of the Rt. Hon Elizabeth Truss MP

Member of Parliament for South West Norfolk

Secretary of State for International Trade, and President of the Board of Trade

and Minister for Women and Equalities