Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

James Pallota who was at Roma and who sold them for £532 million is still being mentioned as having an interest.

In the process of now selling his share in the Boston Celtics NBA team for $2.1 billion.

James Pallota who was at Roma and who sold them for £532 million is still being mentioned as having an interest.

In the process of now selling his share in the Boston Celtics NBA team for $2.1 billion.

Would be happy with this. He is said to be consolidating for another football club venture. Whether that is us remains to be seen.

Would be happy with this. He is said to be consolidating for another football club venture. Whether that is us remains to be seen.

Yeah, interestingly the rumours originated in Italy way back in January. Fingers crossed man.

https://www.football-italia.net/148860/pallotta-buy-newcastle

I’m regards to PIF.

I think the interest will still be there and quite possibly talks behind the scenes with NUFC and more importantly the Premier League.

The public declaration of a withdrawal has meant that there is no pressure on the deal, there is no timescales now, no mass press pushing for news, and more importantly, no Qatar and other outside influences towards the Premier League.

Despite what they said yesterday, there is no way the Premier League would have been able to call off the test without direct contact from the group. If what others have said in recent weeks is true and theirs dialog between the consortium and the Premier League since the public withdrawal then it’s still positive. There is no way Staveley etc would have asked for fan and press pressure, without any intent of still trying to buy us, and I guess that lines up with Ashley’s/the clubs comments about wanting to focus on doing a deal with them.

Staveley has spent 3-4 years on doing a deal trying to buy us, she’s not going to give up just yet. Ashley has got the buyer he wants, the one he can sell at an inflated price too, and one he can say ‘well they had a good plan’ about once he does sell.

As I have said, everything that has happened seems to be rather convenient that the focus, attention, and pressure is off them all. Hopefully now they can get things done in the background and just take the flak about it once it’s completed.

In saying this, part of me still thinks the Premier League want MBS to be listed as a director so they can say ‘Ah, he’s a bit dodgy him, can’t let him in’.

I’m regards to PIF.

I think the interest will still be there and quite possibly talks behind the scenes with NUFC and more importantly the Premier League.

The public declaration of a withdrawal has meant that there is no pressure on the deal, there is no timescales now, no mass press pushing for news, and more importantly, no Qatar and other outside influences towards the Premier League.

Despite what they said yesterday, there is no way the Premier League would have been able to call off the test without direct contact from the group. If what others have said in recent weeks is true and theirs dialog between the consortium and the Premier League since the public withdrawal then it’s still positive. There is no way Staveley etc would have asked for fan and press pressure, without any intent of still trying to buy us, and I guess that lines up with Ashley’s/the clubs comments about wanting to focus on doing a deal with them.

Staveley has spent 3-4 years on doing a deal trying to buy us, she’s not going to give up just yet. Ashley has got the buyer he wants, the one he can sell at an inflated price too, and one he can say ‘well they had a good plan’ about once he does sell.

As I have said, everything that has happened seems to be rather convenient that the focus, attention, and pressure is off them all. Hopefully now they can get things done in the background and just take the flak about it once it’s completed.

In saying this, part of me still thinks the Premier League want MBS to be listed as a director so they can say ‘Ah, he’s a bit dodgy him, can’t let him in’.

Do you think there's perhaps a risk that you're interpreting the complete lack of information in a way that suits what you would like to happen, rather than what is likely to happen?

I think the public withdrawal from the deal, and then complete lack of further public comment, suggests that the Public Investment Fund is no longer in the running to buy NUFC. You seem to think it suggests the absolute opposite?

I’m regards to PIF.

Do you think there's perhaps a risk that you're interpreting the complete lack of information in a way that suits what you would like to happen, rather than what is likely to happen?

I think the public withdrawal from the deal, and then complete lack of further public comment, suggests that the Public Investment Fund is no longer in the running to buy NUFC. You seem to think it suggests the absolute opposite?

Alright Luke, how was the holiday.  Did you find Henry?

I’m regards to PIF.

Hello mate what have you had for your tea?

I’m regards to PIF.

Why did the PL not reject it ?

I’m regards to PIF.

Hello mate what have you had for your tea?

:lol: :lol:

Is he saying he’s not winding people up on purpose? If he doesn’t realise why he’s getting abuse he’s beyond help I’m afraid.

Truth be told, his info on the problems was a lot more accurate than what Caulkin was telling us.

So was Richard Keys for that matter, both of them were probably spinning the Qatari line. If Luke is really on the ball he should have more info about the Mauriss and Bellagraph bids. Is he not giving the thumbs up on those yet?

Edwards said he wasn't prepared to give a running commentary on twitter when someone asked him about Mauriss haha.

Quite strange when he was clearly prepared to give a running commentary on the PIF bid along with Richard Keys at the time.

I’m regards to PIF.

ANY UPDATE ON THE TAKOVER LIKE LUKE. TB Like.

The franchise is worth $3.1 billion, and he owns 8% minority interest. He’s prob getting discounted because it’s non voting rights. Guess it’s $250-220m or thereabouts factoring that in.

I’m more concerned that journalists bought into this and reported it as news (same with the Mauris bid) when it was obvious to pretty much everyone at a glance that it was completely bollocks.

I’m more concerned that journalists bought into this and reported it as news (same with the Mauris bid) when it was obvious to pretty much everyone at a glance that it was completely bollocks.

Clickbait Wank!

‘I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour, but heaven knows I’m miserable now’.

When radio newcastle played this to accompany news of the deal collapsing, never has a song been used more appropriately to sum up the mood of so many.

I’m regards to PIF.

Why did the PL not reject it ?

I might have missed this buy why does it matter though? PL apparently gave 2 options to PIF including the arbitration and they decided against either. If they had rejected then PIF would have had (only) the same arbitration option. Same result really