Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The tv companies can attempt to fake the experience all they want including the gimp who sits at the mixing desk sticking on fake crowd noise as and when , but the overall experience is sterile and not worth watching . Football relies on real crowds and it being a real experience , away matches , home games , tribalism , singing , mocking other fans etc . The fake version cannot last

I don't know, potential evolution of fan participation via new or existing avenues could keep it alive, would just be different from the past. Admittedly it's not something I'd particularly want to see and all sporting events benefit from live crowds I think, but maybe if there's no other option people would have to move with it.

Be interesting to see what the viewing figures are like since football came back with no crowds. Pretty small sample I know, but me and most of the people I know still watch as many games as we did prior to lockdown.

The premier league will be fine but I can see there being a lot less appetite to watch a championship game with no crowds.

Just press the space bar after the comma.

It's 'The Little Waster' on his latest account.  Tubes / Fitz / loads of others at least learned something about cover when they came back as Cheesy Beans, this dude just rocks up with the same fucked up punctuation and hopes nobody will notice.

It's 'The Little Waster' on his latest account.  Tubes / Fitz / loads of others at least learned something about cover when they came back as Cheesy Beans, this dude just rocks up with the same fucked up punctuation and hopes nobody will notice.

Dont get me wrong, I make errors all the time but a space before AND after the comma is like word cancer or some shit.

Dont get me wrong, I make errors all the time but a space before AND after the comma is like word cancer or some shit.

This is his second alt, caught him the same way the first time :lol:

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

One things for sure other clubs will be f***ing furious  :lol:

If the PL has the financial support of those other clubs they'll be alright. £10million off each of them should see them alright.

Can't see many clubs happy to lose 10/20million just to keep the PL going. Would imagine if the PL lose and have a massive bill, the clubs would let them go to the wall and just set up a new league organisation...Ultra League or something along those lines

Neither can I. That was a starting point. But I'm sure a scale could work. £50M a piece from Man U&C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal would do it.

How would that look though?  NUFC takeover is rejected and from the ensuing court case NUFCs direct competitors from the same league pay the court fines.. Corruption tastic that like.

Are the Premier League so married to the idea of stopping the Saudi’s that they’re going to be happy to pay what would likely be very lengthy and expensive court proceedings?

The PL are not a cash rich organisation either, the operation is actually quite small. This could get very tasty, especially in the current climate.

One things for sure other clubs will be f***ing furious  :lol:

If the PL has the financial support of those other clubs they'll be alright. £10million off each of them should see them alright.

Can't see many clubs happy to lose 10/20million just to keep the PL going. Would imagine if the PL lose and have a massive bill, the clubs would let them go to the wall and just set up a new league organisation...Ultra League or something along those lines

Neither can I. That was a starting point. But I'm sure a scale could work. £50M a piece from Man U&C, Chelsea, Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal would do it.

How would that look though?  NUFC takeover is rejected and from the ensuing court case NUFCs direct competitors from the same league pay the court fines.. Corruption tastic that like.

I don't think that would happen, I just think the support is there if they think they have a case and wish to fight it. Therefore it's unlikely that the PL will just collapse at the threat of legal action.

Thinking out loud.......

What exactly would the PL have to be worried about in terms of MBS having influence/control over?

Its obviously not the supplier of the half time pies....so what is it?

Undue influence on tv rights? commercial sponsorships? regional influence?

Its all utter shite from the PL.  I mean as if the other PL club owned by a Saudi Prince couldn't be influenced by MBS...  This is just an excuse.  Only things they're worried about are not pissing off their masters, which are the top 6 and Qatar.

So the press reaction tells you all you need to know about how in bed with the PL they are.

A member of the PL has just appointed QC lawyers to take the PL to court over the takeover and the BBC and Sky Sports websites report............zilch.

So the press reaction tells you all you need to know about how in bed with the PL they are.

A member of the PL has just appointed QC lawyers to take the PL to court over the takeover and the BBC and Sky Sports websites report............zilch.

SSN had it as their main PL headline today.

BBC for example have nothing on it at all.

To be fair BBC are dealing with their own problems after axing Sue Barker, Tufnell and Dawson from Question of Sport. The outrage is real.

Nothing on Sky sports website that I can find?

This is incredible the  developments today , FCB team of lawyers is the absolute ATeam, they don’t take cases on unless they win,the PL are in fucking trouble here and full marks to Ashley for forhaving the balls to do this.

The mere fact this appeared today means this is not over , fascinating this now .

#hope  O0

Either the PL feel very confident in the stance and position they are taking or they didn't think that Mike Ashley would actually take it legal.

The PL wanted to drag it out until it was either dropped by the buyers or settled by appeal one way or the other, so they could make it look like it wasn't their decision whichever way it went. Not sure they expected legal action.

NUST should send it’s members a waiver to sign and return saying we except the consequences of whatever happens to our club if this was rubber stamped. After all the EPL O&D test was to protect the fans from rogue owners buying the club for the wrong intentions. If we show them that 96% will take their chances with PIF&Co there’s not much else to be argued about.

They could’ve bought us hassle free in the EFL so any reasons for not being able to do so aren’t for the benefit of the club it’s meant to be acting on behalf of.