Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Only reason it would be deleted is its ended already negatively. You aren't going to delete something that's ended in a win. The PL probably have some fine print somewhere saying they can ignore every single one of the rules if it benefits them.

I imagine you're one of those who keeps the passport in your hand at all times when at the airport :lol: Otherwise, oh my god my passport is gone!!

If, even as top top lawdogs, they have reviewed the entirety of the materials/sale/etc in 36 hours and come to that conclusion that quickly then we should expect to see NUFCs internal counsel let go for gross incompetence as well. :lol:

:lol: Reaching new lows of Doomering on here.

Guest Cheesy Beans

That tweet is a load of bollocks - advising you’ve been instructed to act on someone’s behalf doesn’t breach any sort of confidentiality of the deal.

It’s still ongoing and all parties are attempting to resolve it.

If, even as top top lawdogs, they have reviewed the entirety of the materials/sale/etc in 36 hours and come to that conclusion that quickly then we should expect to see NUFCs internal counsel let go for gross incompetence as well. :lol:

:lol: Reaching new lows of Doomering on here.

tDdl9zk.png

Wraith warning - Kate Stewart's come back, considering legal action allegedly. Hahaha, I was lulled a little early on but now it's comical seeing him defend that account. "She's" his "good friend" he defended a while back  [emoji38]

Urghh man.

What's this bollocks, who's she?

Some twitter account that was ridiculously pro saudi about everything.

Just look at the profile man, British, Saudi flags and a rose.

Ah.

That tweet is a load of bollocks - advising you’ve been instructed to act on someone’s behalf doesn’t breach any sort of confidentiality of the deal.

It’s still ongoing and all parties are attempting to resolve it.

Depends what was said in the article though, I never read it but if it said more than what you stated then it does make sense.

Hang on, are people saying that they believe that the "Messi of Sports Law" was stupid enough to put something on their website that compromised the case they'd just taken on?

It’s still linked off his Twitter account. I’m guessing some website admin has pressed a wrong button or something innocent like that

I've got no idea what's going on but I just can't see that them removing it from their site is a good thing.

If we employ the best sports lawyers money can buy, then it all falls apart within a couple of days, then we really do need to just wind the club up and find something else to do :lol:

We are not doing any arbitration the matter is with the court. This guy came u with another wrong information.

Is that based on any inside knowledge or just an assumption?

The guy that tweeted seems to be an arbitration lawyer, so might be better placed to make assumptions about the process.

Looking back through this thread , the news posted on the Blackstone site was:

"Shaheed Fatima QC and Nick De Marco QC are acting for Newcastle United FC and Mike Ashley (instructed by Dentons) in a dispute with the Premier League about its rejection of a takeover bid made by PCP Capital Partners, the Reuben Brothers and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) based on its Owners and Directors test."

I can't see whether that was the whole statement, but given that they have now removed this, surely it must be of concern?  I'm certainly concerned.

"Shaheed Fatima QC and Nick De Marco QC are acting for Newcastle United FC and Mike Ashley (instructed by Dentons) in a dispute with the Premier League about its rejection of a takeover bid made by PCP Capital Partners, the Reuben Brothers and the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia (PIF) based on its Owners and Directors test."

I can't see whether that was the whole statement, but given that they have now removed this, surely it must be of concern?  I'm certainly concerned.

Couldn't it just be that the PL are disputing the fact that it has actually been rejected

We are not doing any arbitration the matter is with the court. This guy came u with another wrong information.

Is that based on any inside knowledge or just an assumption?

The guy that tweeted seems to be an arbitration lawyer, so might be better placed to make assumptions about the process.

There has been nothing so far to confirm this is going to court, these QC’s will regularly settle disputes before court proceedings are needed.

Which in our case is exactly what will happen, I’m fully expecting a positive conclusion to this in next couple of months.

Couldn't it just be that the PL are disputing the fact that it has actually been rejected

I'm struggling to find it. Can anyone that's good at this kind of thing search to see if the NUFC statement is still up  ?