Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

All i want is a team that will compete and not be completely pointless. PIF/PCP and RB offer the best chance of this club becoming relevant, so I'm backing it 100%. I don't give a single fuck about any of the noise around the bid or the geopolitics of the region or the KSA's politics and customs.

Fair do's to anyone who who wants to discuss the noise :thup: you just won't find me doing it anymore.

For me, the above tbh.

Absolutely agree. Why do we fans have to take the blame for what a potential owner's action may have been in the past? Look at the Americans at Liverpool and Man Utd right now. It's plainly clear and obvious how greedy they are and how much damage they can bring to our game. That is much more immediate and worse right now in football.

Guest reefatoon

Come and save us Mimms[/member] you can just make something up, just save us from this thread going back to this regurgitated wallop again.

Just imagine the post from Mimms when (if) it comes.

"Everything done. Charnley and Bruce gone within days. Replacements already sorted, currently looking at 1 or 2 big name signings to strengthen the team and indicate their spending power"

This place would go fucking mental  :lol:

Regardless of the actions of SA, it is completely and absolutely wrong for a nation state to be buying football clubs in other countries as some kind of international political pawn. Unfortunately so is pretty much everything about how football is run. Clubs should be fan owned in full or even in part, owners should be businessmen with a credible stake and regulated to make sure clubs are protected and looked after. We don't live in that world though (having said that if all the money pisses off to the international super twat league maybe the plebs like us can have some proper well run reform as we wont need the megabucks anymore...) and in the world we live in anyone needs the kind of money that only comes from mega cunts to get anywhere. Asking fans to not enjoy the mega money and investment alone would be unconscionable, the fans deserve some actual fucking joy and good football at the least, and I could never turn down all the investment in the area either. That is why I would be excited for it to be go through, and I know some who seem to think we live in a world where anyone can go through without moral compromise will cry hypocrite at me for being ambiguous over the morals but still excited for it, but I don't envy the kind of tightrope they must live on never to have qualms over anything or allow themselves to enjoy things that aren't totally kosher so to speak.

After all that though all my money remains on this never happening, maybe it's mega pessimism, but I am not going to allow myself to get excited again.

Purely hypothetical, but to what extent would you accept ownership of NUFC by Red Bull?

Ranging from “complete overhaul (name, stadium, colors, etc.)” to “have to wear those big fuck off bulls as shirt sponsor forever.”

I don't see how it's shameful to question someone's motives.  Whether it's Khashoggis girlfriend or anyone else.  People have opinions, disagree with them but stop trying to cut them off by labelling them shameful or indecent.

There is no motives to stand for a guy who is chopped to pieces in Saudi embassy? First of all there is no relation between this case and the takeover. Yes the lady said block the takeover but bad mouthing her for her action to get justice is krass.

Guest Howaythetoon

Purely hypothetical, but to what extent would you accept ownership of NUFC by Red Bull?

Ranging from “complete overhaul (name, stadium, colors, etc.)” to “have to wear those big fuck off bulls as shirt sponsor forever.”

Never

I'd take them as owner and sponsor, but no changing of the club name or the stadium name or the colours of any kind.

There is no motives to stand for a guy who is chopped to pieces in Saudi embassy? First of all there is no relation between this case and the takeover. Yes the lady said block the takeover but bad mouthing her for her action to get justice is krass.

If she applied her efforts equally to everything the Saudis tried to buy, I'd be incredibly sympathetic to her. She seems to just have it in for us though and this deal in particular. That massively lessens how seriously I can take her.

promotion for a free jaegerbomb every time we score a goal and they do whatever they want

If she applied her efforts equally to everything the Saudis tried to buy, I'd be incredibly sympathetic to her. She seems to just have it in for us though and this deal in particular. That massively lessens how seriously I can take her.

I'm probably one of the people that gives the least fucks about who our new owner might or might not be, but it's plain and obvious in this instance the MBS connection - you know, the guy that ordered the hit - is a lot more direct and immediate than all the other "saudi deals" which are done through layers of bureaucracy and/or diplomacy. As such it's her best way of trying to deny him something in a show of defiance/revenge etc. Has nowt to do with us personally. She picks her battles instead of going in guns blazing all over and stretching herself too thin/burning out too early.

I'm probably one of the people that gives the least f***s about who our new owner might or might not be, but it's plain and obvious in this instance the MBS connection - you know, the guy that ordered the hit - is a lot more direct and immediate than all the other "saudi deals" which are done through layers of bureaucracy and/or diplomacy. As such it's her best way of trying to deny him something in a show of defiance/revenge etc. Has nowt to do with us personally. She picks her battles instead of going in guns blazing all over and stretching herself too thin/burning out too early.

And you know this how?  Seriously though, if I wanted to get involved in International politics Id joined a political party.    For me football is meant to be an escape.  I can't be arsed to think about her, I have no interest in what happened, it has got bollix all to do with me and if PIF buy the toon, I won't give it a second thought.

I'm probably one of the people that gives the least f***s about who our new owner might or might not be, but it's plain and obvious in this instance the MBS connection - you know, the guy that ordered the hit - is a lot more direct and immediate than all the other "saudi deals" which are done through layers of bureaucracy and/or diplomacy. As such it's her best way of trying to deny him something in a show of defiance/revenge etc. Has nowt to do with us personally. She picks her battles instead of going in guns blazing all over and stretching herself too thin/burning out too early.

And you know this how?  Seriously though, if I wanted to get involved in International politics Id joined a political party.    For me football is meant to be an escape.  I can't be arsed to think about her, I have no interest in what happened, it has got bollix all to do with me and if PIF buy the toon, I won't give it a second thought.

Because it's obvious you mottled dildo.

If she wanted to try to shut down "all the saudi deals" it would be an impossible task because of the multiple layers and parties involved in them. So it's a stupid criticism to blame her for not trying that.

The NUFC deal is so much more direct and narrow in scope it offers her the best chance of denying the author of her fiancee's death something, which is a small revenge but all she'll get in this life.

And, again, just for the slow lads in the crowd, I'm just offering up her motivations behind going after this deal, not saying I necessarily agree or care.

Because it's obvious you mottled dildo.

If she wanted to try to shut down "all the saudi deals" it would be an impossible task because of the multiple layers and parties involved in them. So it's a stupid criticism to blame her for not trying that.

The NUFC deal is so much more direct and narrow in scope it offers her the best chance of denying the author of her fiancee's death something, which is a small revenge but all she'll get in this life.

And, again, just for the slow lads in the crowd, I'm just offering up her motivations behind going after this deal, not saying I necessarily agree or care.

Well you would know as its stuck up your arse. You nonce

Regardless of the actions of SA, it is completely and absolutely wrong for a nation state to be buying football clubs in other countries as some kind of international political pawn. Unfortunately so is pretty much everything about how football is run. Clubs should be fan owned in full or even in part, owners should be businessmen with a credible stake and regulated to make sure clubs are protected and looked after. We don't live in that world though (having said that if all the money pisses off to the international super twat league maybe the plebs like us can have some proper well run reform as we wont need the megabucks anymore...) and in the world we live in anyone needs the kind of money that only comes from mega cunts to get anywhere. Asking fans to not enjoy the mega money and investment alone would be unconscionable, the fans deserve some actual fucking joy and good football at the least, and I could never turn down all the investment in the area either. That is why I would be excited for it to be go through, and I know some who seem to think we live in a world where anyone can go through without moral compromise will cry hypocrite at me for being ambiguous over the morals but still excited for it, but I don't envy the kind of tightrope they must live on never to have qualms over anything or allow themselves to enjoy things that aren't totally kosher so to speak.

After all that though all my money remains on this never happening, maybe it's mega pessimism, but I am not going to allow myself to get excited again.

I wouldn't call you a hypocrite. I understand the dilemma that every fan faces. And I wouldn't judge anybody on the decision they take.