Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

My point is that the post earlier on insinuated that Leeds do not have the potential to be a very big club, which is clearly false

No it didn't.  I said they don't offer the same, I said nothing specific about the size of the club they could be.  You've already said yourself they do not have the potential to be as big as NUFC. So you in fact agree with me..

The argument was made that if we go down why would the Saudis want to continue buying NUFC to bring us back up when they could just buy Leeds.  As if Leeds are just some like for like replacement.  I'm saying IMO they would not be a like for like replacement.

My point is that the post earlier on insinuated that Leeds do not have the potential to be a very big club, which is clearly false

No it didn't.  I said they don't offer the same, I said nothing specific about the size of the club they could be.  You've already said yourself they do not have the potential to be as big as NUFC. So you in fact agree with me..

The argument was made that if we go down why would the Saudis want to continue buying NUFC to bring us back up when they could just buy Leeds.  As if Leeds are just some like for like replacement.  I'm saying IMO they would not be a like for like replacement.

No, they aren't a like for like replacement. However they are big enough and have enough potential for the Saudis to simply move on to purchasing them instead of persisting with the purchase of us in the Championship. If NUFC are 10/10 in terms of size and potential then Leeds are easily an 8/10 and probably a 9/10.

Football's not even the number 1 sport in Leeds. It'd be a weird club if taken over. It's a weird club now.

Depends how long you've been watching football. Leeds were a very big club for most of the last 50 years, they went under big time under Ridsdale where they ended up in the 3rd tier for a while, but before that most people would have thought of them as a big club. I think it's that image which helped them attract a name like Bielsa, don't think he'd have gone to Burnley in the championship.

His mates that embarrassed he’s fucked of??

Of course not.

What a weird thing to say.

There were two of them working on this, but one has now gone back to full-time work, and will only assist when he can from now on.

Sad news. I hope the quality of their twitfuckery isn’t affected.

His mates that embarrassed he’s f***ed of??

Of course not.

There were two of them working on this, but one has now gone back to full-time work, and will only assist when he can from now on.

Are you involved with them?

Of course not.

He's the one that fucked off. Now he can be on here full-time.

Of course not.

Quite clear that he is

Of course not.

Quite clear that he is

This is old news, Patterson explained all of this on Friday night on Nufc Matters

Of course not.

Quite clear that he is

This is old news, Patterson explained all of this on Friday night on Nufc Matters

Old news, but very disappointing to read some of the disrespectful comments on here.

We should all be in this together.

Old news, but very disappointing to read some of the disrespectful comments on here.

Give it a rest, they're not above criticism.

I appreciate what they're trying to do but when they do something poorly, as we all do, but they do it so publicly, criticism is valid. And having the 2 or 3 of you in here acting like their own personal cheerleaders is just fucking weird and creepy.

Guest reefatoon

There is nothing weird or creepy about Manorpark having positivity. It’s nice to see some fellas on here still 100% invested. Let’s not knock that.

Give it a rest, they're not above criticism.

I appreciate what they're trying to do but when they do something poorly, as we all do, but they do it so publicly, criticism is valid.

And having the 2 or 3 of you in here acting like their own personal cheerleaders is just fucking weird and creepy.

Nothing 'weird' about it at all.

We really should all be in this together, it is the future of our club that we are discussing here.