Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Guest ClintonBaptiste

Caulkin is on holiday - this is Britain not the US of feckin A where they have vacations . Ffs whats next ? Hes been driving on the A1 freeway ?

PIF has walked away, nothing to suggest they want a way back in. Caulkin has been very quiet since the news that PIF had walked away

He is on vacation for God sake.

God forbid a reporter actually goes dark when they say they're on vacation. I wish he were more like Edwards; 'busy' when someone challenges him then conveniently returns just in time to gloat about something.

Speaking of which....

:lol:

He really is a little wanker isn't he.

Caulkin clearly got a little carried away with the confidence of Staverley and since she was plausible (and no-one has suggested they were just bullshitting, while they were wrongly confident it does seem they thought they would sail through) and it is a little mark against him. I do feel after it was clearly dragging on this was underplayed by a lot. Honestly I think it's fairly safe to assume a takeover isn't happening if it's not happened a month after first plausibly announced. Caulkin is the best writer writing about us, and still probably the best source of info but he's not perfect, noone is. Back when papers could afford a lot of journalists you would have probably a lot more research done. Now it's just one bloke talking to people.

Sometimes, I read people’s opinions and wondering if we’re looking at the same things. So, I thought I’d compile a short list of my understandings and invite anyone to correct me if they are misunderstandings.

1) According to the (flexibly applied) rules, the proposed transfer of shares and proposed list of new directors is provided to the PL by the (current) owner (Ashley).

2) At some point (possibly after the WTO case and fallout, possibly from the start), the PL gave that list back to Ashley and said some version of “Not good enough. Tell them they need to do x, y and/or z”

3) PIF tell PL some version of “Not cool man. Y u no believe me?”

4) This one is implied from Masters’ letter - At this point, the PL offered a independent arbitration for this issue alone in an attempt to prompt the process/provide itself with a fig leaf (strike through as necessary)

5) PIF “Nope, we're out”

6) AS & RB *fuck* “Rise Geordies, fight the power.”

7) MA *removes Bishop from the crypt*

I mean. By the letter of the test it should have gone through.

I hope NUST push the premier league on why a decision wasn’t made with the information provided. M

It’s a shame the consortium appear to have no appetite for legal action.

Sometimes, I read people’s opinions and wondering if we’re looking at the same things. So, I thought I’d compile a short list of my understandings and invite anyone to correct me if they are misunderstandings.

1) According to the (flexibly applied) rules, the proposed transfer of shares and proposed list of new directors is provided to the PL by the (current) owner (Ashley).

2) At some point (possibly after the WTO case and fallout, possibly from the start), the PL gave that list back to Ashley and said some version of “Not good enough. Tell them they need to do x, y and/or z”

3) PIF tell PL some version of “Not cool man. Y u no believe me?”

4) This one is implied from Masters’ letter - At this point, the PL offered a independent arbitration for this issue alone in an attempt to prompt the process/provide itself with a fig leaf (strike through as necessary)

5) PIF “Nope, we're out”

6) AS & RB *f**** “Rise Geordies, fight the power.”

7) MA *removes Bishop from the crypt*

That seems to be how I understand it. At least publicly that’s what we’ve been told.

Caulkin got fed nothing but shite anyway, I don't understand why his name still holds weight.

Coz he’s a really good journalist and also your post isn’t even all that accurate. He was told it was close by his source and if we believe AS they (the buyers) were told it was close until something changed within the PL.

How caulkin gets shit for reporting what he’s told by probably staveley herself I’ve no idea.

From caulkin, explaining just that a few weeks ago, for those failing to understand

Sources very close to the consortium were saying yesterday [Thursday] that they had had the unofficial word from the Premier League on two occasions before the deal went into the Premier League, and again not long after it did, that they would be getting approval – and something has changed.”

This. How anyone can give Caulkin any shit in all this is beyond me.

PIF has walked away, nothing to suggest they want a way back in. Caulkin has been very quiet since the news that PIF had walked away

He is on vacation for God sake.

God forbid a reporter actually goes dark when they say they're on vacation. I wish he were more like Edwards; 'busy' when someone challenges him then conveniently returns just in time to gloat about something.

Speaking of which....

:lol:

I like how he is hiding his spiteful contempt with the airy "just a joke obvs" to deflect any serious backlash. :lol:

Caulkin got fed nothing but shite anyway, I don't understand why his name still holds weight.

Coz he’s a really good journalist and also your post isn’t even all that accurate. He was told it was close by his source and if we believe AS they (the buyers) were told it was close until something changed within the PL.

How caulkin gets shit for reporting what he’s told by probably staveley herself I’ve no idea.

From caulkin, explaining just that a few weeks ago, for those failing to understand

Sources very close to the consortium were saying yesterday [Thursday] that they had had the unofficial word from the Premier League on two occasions before the deal went into the Premier League, and again not long after it did, that they would be getting approval – and something has changed.”

This. How anyone can give Caulkin any shit in all this is beyond me.

I concur, you can hardly berate Caulkin when all he did was quieten a loudening crowd braying for info by repeating verbatim what he was told with the caveat that it was only what he was being told and not some cold, hard fact. If you want to blame anyone, blame his sources. For most of this ordeal he kept his mouth shut and still people are trying to discredit him, smdh.

Please stop sharing Luke Edwards' tweets.

Have to agree with this.  He’s got to the point where he offers nothing in the way of information, but just winds people up with his pathetic comments.  He’s not even witty or clever with it, just cringey more than anything else.

Have to agree with this.  He’s got to the point where he offers nothing in the way of information, but just winds people up with his pathetic comments.  He’s not even witty or clever with it, just cringey more than anything else.

Thirded, the guy is a troll who does nothing but try and incite and inflame, he knows we hate him now so he just wants to antagonise as much as possible. Let him shout into the void.

Nothing to prevent them, so why aren’t they taking legal action instead of just walking away?

Why did Staveley ask fans to complain about the PL's unfair decision if PIF have just walked away? It doesn't make any sense.

Then again not much about this whole farce does.

This is what I don't understand - he's clearly really poor at his job, and when he tries to deflect just how badly he's performed he just comes across as a passive-aggressive prick. If I had the same approach to my job I would've been binned a long time ago. How does he get such a free pass from his employers?

Fourthed!  The guy is nothing but a complete prick!  :snod:

FWIW I think Caulkin is the best journo that covers NUFC.  He was obviously aware of what PCP were up to before this all kicked off due to his 'connection' to the buyers side. 

The bit in all this where he's got my back up a bit is he kept his powder dry at the start, then jumped in with it's happening soon talk, got us all giddy with anticipation then fuck all happened and then he jokes about 'shortly' and 'imminent' on the podcast. Feck off man!  you were one of them spouting that shite!

Nothing to prevent them, so why aren’t they taking legal action instead of just walking away?

Why did Staveley ask fans to complain about the PL's unfair decision if PIF have just walked away? It doesn't make any sense.

Then again not much about this whole farce does.

I’m going with “They (As & RB) were surprised/disappointed that PIF withdrew and, knowing they had no legal recourse, threw a Hail Mary PR campaign.”