Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If PIF have walked away, I'm not sure how much difference this will make. Great viewing though.

At this stage I'm thinking the PL will be more determined than ever to refuse the takeover. But even without the takeover I want them getting hammered financially, even if it all goes to Ashley.

If they refuse it then fine, we can go into the appeal process. They are going to find it impossible to carry on with the "no decisions either way" retort that they have been handing out though.

100%

Completely unacceptable that they've been able to get away with that line for so long.

I don't see how the PL could be forced into compo without it being legally determined it should have been approved. Otherwise they've not wronged him and he's not lost anything.

That's what they've been hired to do... :lol:

ted-dibiase-gif-9.gif

I reckon Ashley would do a good Ted DiBiase if he grew his hair out and got a bit of a goatee going on, if I was him I'd do it for shits n giggles  :lol:

At least wear the suit to court.

Ted DiBiase was one of my absolute favourites growing up. It would be apt for ashley to ruin that too. That said, I am for once very much behind him. Take those premier league pricks to the fucking cleaners.

EhloTTgWkAAt4hr?format=jpg&name=small

So they are not following the process that is set out.  Its clear the PL are trying to keep this in a sort of no mans land so they the consortium cant appeal (as a decision has not been made).  However their process basically says, if information isn't provide then the PL has to decide on the information provided.

Absolutely clear. The PL have been getting away with brushing this under the carpet, they are clearly not acting in accordance with their own rules.

The vague calls for 'transparency' are easy for the PL to bat away and ignore, but this is something clear and unequivocal that the PL shouldn't be able to hide from.

So why aren't any of the local journalists flagging this and pushing and pushing the PL to respond.  There too busy regurgitating s*** from twitter as its an easy living thats why!

One more time with feeling.  The PL O&D handbook basically says - if information provided is incomplete etc then the premier league makes a decision on the information they have to hand.  The PL have not made a decision and so are not following their own process.  PL should be screwed to the wall!

f*** that. Last thing I want is Mike Ashley getting money for nothing

You didn't want the takeover either mate, so you obviously don't mind Ashley running us into the ground.

Well obviously I do mind Ashley running is in to the ground. I just hate Ashley more than the premier league.

ted-dibiase-gif-9.gif

I reckon Ashley would do a good Ted DiBiase if he grew his hair out and got a bit of a goatee going on, if I was him I'd do it for s***s n giggles  :lol:

At least wear the suit to court.

If I had Ashley's money I'd be eccentric as fuck, I would deffo turn up with the suit at the very least! Lol!!!

Guest neesy111

Be careful what you wish for. If Ashley gets big compo he’s not gonna sell. Only reason he’s selling is he needs the money

We need to know what his legal action is for first.

I don't see how the PL could be forced into compo without it being legally determined it should have been approved. Otherwise they've not wronged him and he's not lost anything.

In terms of the PIF being independent from the state, Mehrdad Ghodoussi liked a post from a lawyer on twitter saying that determination of that can only be a matter of Saudi law. If that is the case and the highest legal authority in SA has determined that PIF is independent of the Saudi state it seems unlikely to be possible for the PL to demonstrate that it is not.

Be careful what you wish for. If Ashley gets big compo he’s not gonna sell. Only reason he’s selling is he needs the money

I'd be interested to know how it plays out because if it's deemed that he's due compensation then that must mean that the PL have failed in some way. If the PL have failed then surely, the takeover can still potentially go through.

Maybe?

We need to know what his legal action is for first.

According to the mail it's not motivated by compensation so it must be true.

There’s no guarantee the Saudis will bid again if we win, that’s the only issue.

If assured of green light they’ll be back, this is coordinated by all parties.

f*** that. Last thing I want is Mike Ashley getting money for nothing

You didn't want the takeover either mate, so you obviously don't mind Ashley running us into the ground.

Well obviously I do mind Ashley running is in to the ground. I just hate Ashley more than the premier league.

Ironically the only likely way we get rid of Ashley is if the PL is threatened with financial ruin so hopefully you can see how this might work out.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Ashley’s motivation for taking legal action is absolutely not so the whole world can read the reasons for it not being approved.

Ashley is motivated by money and getting his own way. This will be for one (or both) of those.

Ashley’s motivation for taking legal action is absolutely not so the whole world can read the reasons for it not being approved.

Ashley is motivated by money and getting his own way. This will be for one (or both) of those.

Well this guy seems certain, despite the only available evidence being to the contrary. I'm getting behind Cheesy Beans!