Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

The timing of this is suspicious btw. The news about £15 PPVs has been buried.

Probably because the clubs with smaller gates wanted to vote against it, and Man U, Liverpool etc kicked off and launched this. If this goes through they can then get their £15 PPV deal back without even needing agreement.

Anything based on deciding which clubs are part of any kind of permanent 'big 6', or however many, can't possibly be allowed in a sport. Those places should be constantly open to change.

But it's not permanent, it's based on consecutive years in the league. So we just need Man U or Liverpool to be relegated in order for this status quo to change.

Of course in the million to one chance that did happen, doubtless the remainder would just vote to immediately reinstate them when they came back up again anyway, citing "historical value and contributions to the league" or some shit.

Or they'd just vote against their relegation in the first place. Whole thing is just utterly rank on every level.

That's what I mean, they shouldn't have any kind of preferential power based on league achievement, either current or past.

The problem is the PL is a members club rather than an organisation that manages the clubs. It should be independent of the clubs really, but obvs will never happen.

Like anyone would be interested in buying a team outwith the nine in it. Why would you buy a club when you have no say in what happens in the league you play in. For example, if we got bought and went and won the league 10 years on the trot, we'd still have no say unless Southampton or West Ham got relegated. Even if they did, Palace and Burnley are next in line. Not that the aim would be for these rules to be in place for that long. They'll fuck off as soon as they can or rig it to favour themselves even more.

I get the 'major league' clubs having to play 'minor league' clubs point in Tony Evans article if you Americanise it as ridiculous as it is. But if you do, the reason there are 6 with revenue far higher than the rest isn't because they're all bigger and more historic. Most of it is down to luck on who bought your club and when. Certainly outside Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal. Ourselves, Leeds, Villa and to a lesser extent a club like Forest could have sustained our/themselves at the same level as the likes of Chelsea, City and Spurs all things being equal.

Just a bunch of greedy, despicable arrogant c***s.

Add thick to that as well.  They're so fucking stupid they don't realise that they are where they are because of the competitive nature of the league.  Which only works with all the teams contributing.  They're under the delusion that their club has the devine right to have millions of "fans" around the world.  That they bring in all the money and the rest are just leeching off them.  Not realising that most of those fans start watching the league itself because of what it is collectively, then choose a club to support along the way.  They just happen to be one of the bigger names in that league and so get picked more often than the rest.  Without the popularity of the PL they just wouldn't have all of these "fans" around the world. Fucking greedy stupid mongs, they basically don't understand how the game works or why the PL is so popular and are pushing for their own eventual downfall.  Great, burn it down to be honest..

Just a bunch of greedy, despicable arrogant c***s.

Add thick to that as well.  They're so fucking stupid they don't realise that they are where they are because of the competitive nature of the league.  Which only works with all the teams contributing.  They're under the delusion that their club has the devine right to have millions of "fans" around the world.  That they bring in all the money and the rest are just leeching off them.  Not realising that most of those fans start watching the league itself because of what it is collectively, then choose a club to support along the way.  They just happen to be one of the bigger names in that league and so get picked more often than the rest.  Without the popularity of the PL they just wouldn't have all of these "fans" around the world. Fucking greedy stupid mongs, they basically don't understand how the game works or why the PL is so popular and are pushing for their own eventual downfall.  Great, burn it down to be honest..

If I remember correctly Italy went down this route and it went belly up.

I know that the PL have absolutely no balls at all, but if I was in charge, I'd say to the 'top six' (bastards all) 'ok, if this is what you want then as from next season you are all of you expelled from the PL.

Go fuck yourselves or follow our rules.

We will not be dictated to by a bunch of conniving Yanks and Money grabbing bastards.

I know that the PL have absolutely no balls at all, but if I was in charge, I'd say to the 'top six' (bastards all) 'ok, if this is what you want then as from next season you are all of you expelled from the PL.

Go fuck yourselves or follow our rules.

We will not be dictated to by a bunch of conniving Yanks and Money grabbing bastards.

The big 6 know they cant and wouldnt be fussed if they did. The next TV deal without the big 6 could bankrupt many of the rest. All that has to happen is for the other prem clubs NOT to be bought off and say NO. However this could be the first shots in those clubs pushing to sell their own rights individually which could lead to justvas big a disparity.

What were the material circumstances that would allow such a proposition to even be entertained and, should it be defeated, how could they be altered to prevent it from recurring every 3 years until they get their way?

Wonder what would happen if this proposal went through, and then by some miracle, Newcastle (or some other team not deemed worthy of “big-six” recognition) won the league. Would the powers that be just decide to null and void the season.

Or, would they have the referees in their pocket too, and that would make it easier for something like that to never happen.