Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

If Bruce goes who do we get in for the sake of potentially just a few months. This is the mess Ashley and the premier league has got us in

brentford manager?

Would he leave Brentford for a job which might only be for a month or two?

If Bruce goes who do we get in for the sake of potentially just a few months. This is the mess Ashley and the premier league has got us in

brentford manager?

Eddie Howe, if/when takeover happens and he is doing ok then give him a bit of backing and see how(e) it works out....if it’s not then bin him

Keeping the current Vogon will see us down

Think we just have to hope and pray this takeover gets sorted before Bruce does much more damage

Yep but I can't see it. Best case we're looking at what, another month at least?

By this time next month we would have played Arsenal, Leeds, Everton, Palace, Southampton with Chelsea coming up in the next game.

I think we'll be in massive trouble even if the takeover is confirmed in 4 weeks time.

If everyone on the seller and buyer side are that confident this will get done then surely you go to Rafa to sign until the end of the season with the option to stay or go.

Bruce is toast now, it’s just a matter of time. Any media defence of him now is impossible after that. The first media question after that display should be asking Bruce how he adapted his usual tactics to face a side with no wins and 2 draws all season to exploit there obvious frailties.

If everyone on the seller and buyer side are that confident this will get done then surely you go to Rafa to sign until the end of the season with the option to stay or go.

Bruce is toast now, it’s just a matter of time. Any media defence of him now is impossible after that. The first media question after that display should be asking Bruce how he adapted his usual tactics to face a side with no wins and 2 draws all season to exploit there obvious frailties.

He doesn't do tactics, remember.

Even if the issues with the PL are sorted doubt the takeover will go ahead until safety is confirmed now, why would they take that risk with no ability to influence our fate in the transfer window?

They have long term plans, it’s not like they just want to try and win the PL next year. They’ll buy us in the championship too.

Even if the issues with the PL are sorted doubt the takeover will go ahead until safety is confirmed now, why would they take that risk with no ability to influence our fate in the transfer window?

They have long term plans, it’s not like they just want to try and win the PL next year. They’ll buy us in the championship too.

What? And still pay £350m aswell? can't see it

I don't think they will. Certainly not for the price they've offered, which means complete re-negotiation with Ashley.

Also NCSL said they  definitely won't buy us if we go down.

I don't think they will. Certainly not for the price they've offered, which means complete re-negotiation with Ashley.

Why wouldn’t they? I get that the value will be lower but they’ve already stated they won’t be buying us to do a Man City.

Why wouldn’t they? I get that the value will be lower but they’ve already stated they won’t be buying us to do a Man City.

They're not buying us to do a Sunderland either though

If they buy us and put a proper manager in we’ll come back up.

If they buy us and put a proper manager in we’ll come back up.

There's a lot more to it than that though bud, we need players that can get us out of the Championship, then if we get promoted we're stuck with half of them that aren't anything more than a average Premier player, which makes it harder to bring the players you want to compete in the league at a higher level. Getting relegated doesn't just set you back one season in my opinion and I think the Saudi's have already been pretty patient waiting this long for the takeover

If they have any positive vibes that the takeover will happen they have to put pressure on Ashley to get rid, this bloke and his team look like they have just finished a shift at Nissan and they are looking after the u13's, so so bad and we will go down with Sheff Utd because they are terrible.

brentford manager?

Eddie Howe, if/when takeover happens and he is doing ok then give him a bit of backing and see how(e) it works out....if it’s not then bin him

Keeping the current Vogon will see us down

This would be the best option right now.

Hopefully he would come here with the possibility to be here when/if the new owners takes us over.

Either he could take the next step and become a very good manager, he's still quite young and could be here for many years if it's a good match. Or if he's not good enough just replace him after a year or so.

Word is they wouldn’t

Word is they wouldn’t

We’ll probably find out won’t we

Word is they wouldn’t

We’ll probably find out won’t we

It would just be so Newcastle :lol: