Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Oh definitely.

Maybe the offer will still come, as the ESL continue to struggle adding more clubs. May as well invite the Saudis.

Or maybe the PL now waves this bid through with a plea to buy as many Man United, Man City and Liverpool players as possible, in an act of revenge :lol:

1 hour ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Weren't we the only non big six club to vote for big picture. Definitely some shenaningans going on with that. 

No, every club voted against it, including the big 6.

1 minute ago, gdm said:

I’m desperate for a takeover as much as anyone but do we really want to be one of these soulless greedy clubs?

Ghodoussi has said that he’s against the plans. I can’t imagine he would say that without the backing of PIF.

I also don’t think they would be in a hurry to sign up to a league created by the 6 clubs who have came out and tried to prevent our takeover in the Premier League. You know they would turn on us instantly.

Edited by Stifler

5 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Ghodoussi has said that he’s against the plans. I can’t imagine he would say that without the backing of PIF.

We can’t be sure him and PIF are on the same page over it. It’s equally likely he’s  not even discussed it with them before that tweet 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

Or he might know that PIF will go elsewhere without PCP involved, like Inter, if it goes ahead.

I can't help but think this is the perfect time for them to takeover. Not only concerning us with regarding our historic problems with Ashley, but after everything that's happened in the last few days, If these came in and instantly formed good relationships with fan groups and legends of the club, they would be seen as heroes. 

They have the finances to secure our safety for the future, but if they came in and did everything on board regarding the fans, that would be absolutely massive for their reputation. 

Edited by Scotty66

54 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Or he might know that PIF will go elsewhere without PCP involved, like Inter, if it goes ahead.

Aye mate, Inter’s price before the ESL was announced was £300m for 10%, valuing the club at £3bn. Now with the ESL the value will rocket and their current owner may no longer be in such a hurry to sell. On top of this is Inter keep trying to force through the ESL it is going to result in years of court cases, possibly including compensation to Serie A, and their place in Serie A and UEFA completions in meantime is going to be under question.

And we think our takeover would be complicated.

18 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Not like he can’t work for them on other cases.

If he did it'd be a massive conflict of interest. Surely you can't represent someone while also going against them with another client?

1 minute ago, Decky said:

If he did it'd be a massive conflict of interest. Surely you can't represent someone while also going against them with another client?

Think there are examples of cases where he’s done just that.

I'm not keen on venturing in to this thread but I think my latest thoughts on the takeover are starting to warrant it. I have this horrible feeling that the renewed focus on club ownership caused by this whole superleague situation is going to blow our takeover out of the water. Allowing another foreign multi-billionaire group to come in and take charge of an English club could well cause further uproar from neutrals. I wouldn't be surprised if it was blocked on the grounds of a tighter ownership test being reviewed and implemented... bloody typical of our luck yet again!!!

2 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

I'm not keen on venturing in to this thread but I think my latest thoughts on the takeover are starting to warrant it. I have this horrible feeling that the renewed focus on club ownership caused by this whole superleague situation is going to blow our takeover out of the water. Allowing another foreign multi-billionaire group to come in and take charge of an English club could well cause further uproar from neutrals. I wouldn't be surprised if it was blocked on the grounds of a tighter ownership test being reviewed and implemented... bloody typical of our luck yet again!!!

Like you, I read but don’t post in this thread because so far I’ve felt very positive that the outcome of our takeover would eventually be successful. However I’m also of the opinion that the whole ownership situation could well change and put the kibosh on our takeover. I look forward to some good news that will alter my change of heart...I’m still positive but wavering.....sorry Whitley and ManorPark?

11 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

Like you, I read but don’t post in this thread because so far I’ve felt very positive that the outcome of our takeover would eventually be successful. However I’m also of the opinion that the whole ownership situation could well change and put the kibosh on our takeover. I look forward to some good news that will alter my change of heart...I’m still positive but wavering.....sorry Whitley and ManorPark?

giphy.gif

Edited by Rocker

15 minutes ago, Jinky Jim said:

I don't think anyone can be positive. I hope I'm wrong, but it would not suprise me if PIF do go for Inter (without Staveley/Reubens) if this super league does go ahead. They have an immediate seat at the table then. As I said hope I'm wrong. 

21 minutes ago, Rosenrot said:

I wonder if Liverpool will now be for sale...

Aye probably but the only people that can afford them will be banned from the process .............................aye right

Can you imagine if the Saudis now get Man U and are considered better owners than the Glazer’s?

Really hope the Liverpool, Man U, Spuds and Arsenal don’t pull out for a few days and create more damage to themselves.