Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, manorpark said:

How long is a piece of string?

It is happening, most of us realise that, but we just have to WAIT. There is nothing else that we can do!

How long though man i mean come on, it's a fucking joke at this point.

You going to still be saying it's happening in 5 years time?

Edited by ToonArmy1892

32 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

For those who are adamant this is happening, how long are you giving it? It's been a year and a half already.

We'll all be brown bread by the time it ever happens.

I'm fooking pig sick now.

30 minutes ago, manorpark said:

How long is a piece of string?

It is happening, most of us realise that, but we just have to WAIT. There is nothing else that we can do!

28 minutes ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

How long though man i mean come on, it's a fucking joke at this point.

You going to still be saying it's happening in 5 years time?

Unlikely to be 5 years !!

BUT, no-one knows how long, I understand your impatience (do you not think I share those feelings?) but we can only wait.

Everything I know about the situation involving the sale of our club, and the personnel involved (ALL of them, on all sides, seller, buyer, EPL) leads me to be absolutely certain of our eventual success.

Absolutely certain, and knowing that makes the waiting a LOT easier.

Edited by manorpark

The only positive I can really pick out is that PIF/KSA haven’t bought anyone else yet.

The longer it drags out though, the more likely a more attractive proposition will come along.

48 minutes ago, manorpark said:

Unlikely to be 5 years !!

BUT, no-one knows how long, I understand your impatience (do you not think I share those feelings?) but we can only wait.

Everything I know about the situation involving the sale of our club, and the personnel involved (ALL of them, on all sides, seller, buyer, EPL) leads me to be absolutely certain of our eventual success.

Absolutely certain, and knowing that makes the waiting a LOT easier.

Yes i'm sure you share those feelings.

But the length of this is beyond ridiculous, are there any examples of a takeover taking this long?

4 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

But the length of this is beyond ridiculous, are there any examples of a takeover taking this long?

Southampton last takeover which was rejected but went through after an appeal/arbitration

27 Apr 2017    Gao Jisheng, was barred by English football’s top flight authorities in February after the revelations came to light during their research over Mr Gao’s ability to fulfil the famous ‘fit and proper person’s test’.

Southampton: Chinese businessman Jisheng Gao completes takeover

Last updated on 14 August 2017

Edited by DurhamMag

Mr Gao’s team of lawyers, though, have cried foul over the bribery claims and will hope to thrash out an agreement with the Premier League that would allow the Lander Sport chief to complete the formalities on his takeover of the Saints – a step that would be a significant step down by the Premier League if they shake hands on a deal.

Edited by DurhamMag

6 hours ago, ToonArmy1892 said:

I’ll bet there are millions of examples of legal disputes in business taking a long time. That’s all this is. 

3 minutes ago, Candi_Hills said:

I’ll bet there are millions of examples of legal disputes in business taking a long time. That’s all this is. 

Thats the spirit Candi.. Positivity

Its going to happen

My prediction would be towards the end of the year, November/December. I think by the start of the season we will know much more about the anti competition case, and that will drag on for a few more months before being settled. 

Guest neesy111

Can someone give me a fair overview of what is going on with this?  I try to avoid these threads.

3 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

My prediction would be towards the end of the year, November/December. I think by the start of the season we will know much more about the anti competition case, and that will drag on for a few more months before being settled. 

Unless the PL decide to approve the takeover before any scheduled tribunal takes place. Once disclosure takes place they may well decide not to proceed to a tribunal if documents that the club have are damning. 

4 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

Can someone give me a fair overview of what is going on with this?  I try to avoid these threads.

There's a case about the collapse of the takeover, but it won't lead to the takeover being completed.

16 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

There's a case about the collapse of the takeover, but it won't lead to the takeover being completed.

It’s more likely to lead to the takeover being completed than your claim one year ago that the takeover was 100% done being correct ;)

12 minutes ago, SweMag said:

It’s more likely to lead to the takeover being completed than your claim one year ago that the takeover was 100% done being correct ;)

Yeah i know. That was based on what I'd been told at the time. I think you may even find i apologised for it having been incorrect. That ship has sailed now though. 

11 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Keith has released two of his pieces of ‘evidence’ :lol: A letter from BeIN we all already knew about, which said they don’t like KSA.

The second piece, a letter from Masters that refers to PIF as ‘a company in Saudi Arabia’. Wew. That’ll be that sorted then. Other than the fact it’s factually correct and not inferring ownership.

Oh, Richard Key’s deleted tweets are apparently important too, somehow. 

I hope he’s got some fantastic pieces held back and this isn’t a sign of the quality of evidence he/the club apparently has.

Love how you wrote this as if you are somehow justified for sitting on a high horse [emoji38]

To be fair, I didnt watch the show in full and skipped right to the evidence part. I also was a bit concerned by the magnitude of importance Keith put to the evidence he presented, but it didnt take long to realise that this is the least impactful evidence they got, and Im happy they included it along with Keys deleted tweets. It seems that they have collected everything that has made this saga feel unjust for the fans/buyers/seller, and if that is somehow not enough then at least we will get some closure. 

Also, whatever evidence our legal team has probably done its job already by justifying the lawsuit. The biggest pieces of evidence, if there are any, should be in the hands of the premier league. Hope they are nervous as fuck now

I suppose the reason this takeover won’t or isn’t happening is that the PL don’t want one of its member clubs being owned by a Country which gets such bad international press. They figure it will damage the brand.

Everything else being brought up (piracy etc) is just an excuse to do something they had already decided.

2 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Love how you wrote this as if you are somehow justified for sitting on a high horse [emoji38]

To be fair, I didnt watch the show in full and skipped right to the evidence part. I also was a bit concerned by the magnitude of importance Keith put to the evidence he presented, but it didnt take long to realise that this is the least impactful evidence they got, and Im happy they included it along with Keys deleted tweets. It seems that they have collected everything that has made this saga feel unjust for the fans/buyers/seller, and if that is somehow not enough then at least we will get some closure. 

Also, whatever evidence our legal team has probably done its job already by justifying the lawsuit. The biggest pieces of evidence, if there are any, should be in the hands of the premier league. Hope they are nervous as fuck now

I don’t think anyone is sitting on a high horse. Most people, me included, would love Keith to be right. We’d love the takeover to go through in any way that gets the job done.

People are just sick of tired of being strung along in some kind of soap opera, where it’s played out in public, Keith trying to sell merch, twelve different podcasts a week with nothing new and the same old crap we knew a year ago.

We’ve been led along a garden path by Caulkin initially, followed by Keith, now supposed subliminal messages in bread by a leading QC - it’s all just totally pathetic. People are rightly frustrated and anyone who tries to play it out in public or drag people along with their own hope/ideas make it more frustrating in the long run.

Keith was telling us all a few weeks ago of 11/10 news. What was that news? Well according to him it was good news if it never came out. Then the news was apparently the court submission. Well is that bad news now it’s come out? Was that even the news to begin with?... “tune into my podcast to find out and buy a t-shirt”. It’s shit like this that rightly rubs people up the wrong way.

It’ll either happen, or it won’t. So far the indications over 16 months are that it won’t. Maybe that’ll change, hope so.  

As I said earlier, we were told the importance of Qatar/KSA relations and the switching off of piracy in KSA. This still hasn’t been forthcoming and when the biggest snag in this takeover is piracy, it doesn’t look promising.

Since the takeover collapsed, there has been nothing of substantial news. The failed court case to change the arbitration panel and the submission of this second case - other than that, nothing has happened. Yet we’re told on a monthly basis to wait for January, February, March, April, May, start of next season, end of the year. It’s not helpful and pisses people off.

12 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Since the takeover collapsed, there has been nothing of substantial news. The failed court case to change the arbitration panel and the submission of this second case - other than that, nothing has happened.

Yet we’re told on a monthly basis to wait for January, February, March, April, May, start of next season, end of the year. It’s not helpful and pisses people off.

There isn't, and never has been, any timetable for the length of time that we have to 'wait' until the Takeover is announced.

All we have to do is WAIT . . .