Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Which would indicate that they have something to slip up on...or they don't know what to say.

Either way is pretty damning

Hope so.
I'd be a nightmare in that situation. I'm an open book. I'd be saying "No Comment" with either a beaming smile or a face like thunder.

28 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Which would indicate that they have something to slip up on...or they don't know what to say.

Either way is pretty damning

"Firstly, I am party to strict Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs), so I cannot speak about Newcastle United at this time."

This is a direct quote from Staveley....and exactly how the EPL should have answered if they genuinely think they're clean

18 minutes ago, Robster said:

Hope so.
I'd be a nightmare in that situation. I'm an open book. I'd be saying "No Comment" with either a beaming smile or a face like thunder.

same :lol:

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

The Chronicle really come across as like a school project :lol: I can’t take anything they do seriously. 

Asking the fans if they think PIF and the Saudi state can be considered separate legal entities. :lol:

Keith has released two of his pieces of ‘evidence’ :lol: A letter from BeIN we all already knew about, which said they don’t like KSA.

The second piece, a letter from Masters that refers to PIF as ‘a company in Saudi Arabia’. Wew. That’ll be that sorted then. Other than the fact it’s factually correct and not inferring ownership.

Oh, Richard Key’s deleted tweets are apparently important too, somehow. 

I hope he’s got some fantastic pieces held back and this isn’t a sign of the quality of evidence he/the club apparently has.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Keith has released two of his pieces of ‘evidence’ :lol: A letter from BeIN we all already knew about, which said they don’t like KSA.

The second piece, a letter from Masters that refers to PIF as ‘a company in Saudi Arabia’. Wew. That’ll be that sorted then. Other than the fact it’s factually correct and not inferring ownership.

I hope he’s got some fantastic pieces held back and this isn’t a sign of the quality of evidence he/the club apparently has.

You seem a little bitter, you’re not jealous Keith is getting more attention than you are you? 

4 minutes ago, MickMack said:

You seem a little bitter, you’re not jealous Keith is getting more attention than you are you? 

I couldn’t think of anything worse than publicity/attention, to be honest.

Bitter... realistic.... depends which thread you’re in. I think you’re in the wrong one.

Tbf if that is the evidence I’d be very worried. That’s absolutely nothing a half decent lawyer couldn’t defend. 

fuck me the wording on a letter :lol: some smoking gun that. It literally is a company in Saudi Arabia that’s not even up for dispute. 

Edited by gdm

22 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Do you think the clubs legal team would push on if that was it?

I'm sure there is more. Regardless, Bein should not be involved anyway at all in the takeover process, the fact they have made themselves involved goes in our favour. 

Also Masters can't really describe them as a company and then deny a takeover because they're not a company. You just can't do stuff like that in his position. 

It's not massive evidence but I think that gives an indication that Bein and masters have massively influenced our takeover. That simply is not allowed. 

Edited by Scotty66

1 minute ago, BeloEmre said:

Do you think the clubs legal team would push on if that was it?

No idea. Haven’t a clue.

The club’s legal team are 0/1 in takeover court cases so far though, so I’m not sure pressing ahead can be seen as a reason to believe they’ve got stonewall evidence.

1 minute ago, Scotty66 said:

I'm sure there is more. Regardless, Bein should not be involved anyway at all in the takeover pricess, the fact they have made themselves involved goes in our favour. 

Also Masters can't really describe them as a company and then deny a takeover because they're not a company. You just can't do stuff like that in his position. 

It's not massive evidence but I think that gives an indication that Bein and masters have massively influenced our takeover. That simply is not allowed. 

Masters isn’t the sole decision maker. Might not be his opinion that PIF are state run. He might be pro-takeover but the other two on the PL board (or however many it is) may be the problem.

Complete guesswork, but if we’re just theorising, I mean it’s possible.

30 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

No way? That was it? :lol:

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Masters isn’t the sole decision maker. Might not be his opinion that PIF are state run. He might be pro-takeover but the other two on the PL board (or however many it is) may be the problem.

Complete guesswork, but if we’re just theorising, I mean it’s possible.

I know what you're saying but in my opinion it's blatantly obvious masters is being pushed by the big 6. He does what they say, and that was stop the takeover. (Also by Bein)

Secret meetings before everyone else working out how to stop the deal, and I believe this is what will be proven. It's not how the process should go and should well be classed as anti competitive. 

Just now, Scotty66 said:

I know what you're saying but in my opinion it's blatantly obvious masters is being pushed by the big 6. He does what they say, and that was stop the takeover. (Also by Bein)

Secret meetings before everyone else working out how to stop the deal, and I believe this is what will be proven. It's not how the process should go and should well be classed as anti competitive. 

I don’t believe the PL’s refusal was due to the big 6. I think the PL genuinely don’t accept/like the piracy and that’s the key factor in this. You could argue it’s a legitimate issue too.

I think BeIN are more influential than the big 6 in this case.

Worth nothing the planned peace talks leading to Saudi shutting off the piracy/switching on BeIN hasn’t happened yet. A key issue most journalists said.

51 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

But how do you prove a secret meeting? We all believe something underhand went on, but the evidence needs to be clear and I’m not sure it is - surely it would be done by now. 

Tune in next Friday to find out. 

Just now, ToonArmy1892 said:

For those who are adamant this is happening, how long are you giving it? It's been a year and a half already.

We'll all be brown bread by the time it ever happens.

I'm fooking pig sick now.

How long is a piece of string?

It is happening, most of us realise that, but we just have to WAIT. There is nothing else that we can do!