Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Comparing this to Man City is getting ahead of ourselves, we don’t know what kind of business model the consortium might potentially follow.

If Rafa Benitez is involved, his pipe dream of building up a whole youth system and top academy is far more exciting than just going and buying success imho..

We know he can do more with less than the other “top” managers. A couple of solid signings to go with the decent ones we already have at the club and year on year steady progress would do all of us I think?

Right now the club is really only set up for buying success for the first team, the infrastructure is not there to do the rest.

6 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

It's stating that it was the decision that Saudi Arabia would be a director, not that it was blocked by disqualifying the proposed directors, which would be effect of a formal decision.

:thup:

Fair one, think I'm just caught up on the fact that they are blatantly blocking it, without saying so.

I realise this is the crux of the whole fucking saga :lol: 

9 hours ago, Anderson said:

Had forgot NDM was representing Derby in their case too. Seems he isn’t bulletproof after all.

According to some he is unbeatable and would only take on a case if he was guaranteed to win.

Maybe his bread tweets were in relation to Derby.

29 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

According to some he is unbeatable and would only take on a case if he was guaranteed to win.

Maybe his bread tweets were in relation to Derby.

Aye some on here just can’t resist digging around for negatives.

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

To be fair countless times manor park used NDM and team as sole reason the takeover was 100% happening “look who Ashley has hired” “these people are winners”

seems reasonable to point out he can lose cases too. 

I’m in a positive mood today none the less 

1 hour ago, FloydianMag said:

Sorry. Can’t be realistic in the proper takeover thread now either :lol:

It’ll end up like RAWK soon. Banned unless you stand in the street ringing a bell bellowing ‘good times are coming’.

41 minutes ago, gdm said:

To be fair countless times manor park used NDM and team as sole reason the takeover was 100% happening “look who Ashley has hired” “these people are winners”

I mean, he hasn't actually lost the Derby case has he. It's just being re-examined. They'll still probably come out of it with no action against them.

But on the general view, I do agree with you. Of course he could lose. Hanging all hopes on it is a bit daft. Just got to trust in the process, not the people.

My online subscription to EPL expires today. Won’t renew it unless there’s a takeover happening before the upcoming season. Then I might sign up. So this is pretty much it! Relax, I know…

59 minutes ago, gdm said:

No one is going to win every case though are they? He's still probably better than we could have hoped for so if anyone can win it,  he can

3 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

No one is going to win every case though are they? He's still probably better than we could have hoped for so if anyone can win it,  he can

That’s exactly my point. It’s ludicrous to think it’s 100% getting done because it’s NDM. 
It comes down to the facts in the case not the people presenting the facts. However yes, a good legal team obviously helps 

Edited by gdm

21 minutes ago, gdm said:

That’s exactly my point. It’s ludicrous to think it’s 100% getting done because it’s NDM. 
It comes down to the facts in the case not the people presenting the facts. However yes, a good legal team obviously helps 

I don't think someone with a reputation of winning would take on the case if they thought there was a big chance they could lose.

2 minutes ago, Slim said:

I don't think someone with a reputation of winning would take on the case if they thought there was a big chance they could lose.

No not a big chance but there’s always A chance.
By all accounts the PL have some big hitters with big reputations too behind them. Someone has to lose 

The fact that the PL haven't made any comment on the CAT case could possibly be a good sign. It seems common practice for companies having anti competition cases brought against them to publicly refute them as baseless (such as Apple and Google recently). The PL have publicly responded to other announcements, such as after the withdrawal of PIF and Ashley's statement, but just 'no comment' on this.

Edited by Jackie Broon

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

The fact that the PL haven't made any comment on the CAT case could possibly be a good sign. It seems common practice for companies having anti competition cases brought against them to publicly refute them as baseless (such as Apple and Google recently). The PL have publicly responded to other announcements, such as after the withdrawal of PIF and Ashley's statement, but just 'no comment' on this.

'No comment'.....the go to of the guilty, or having something to hide.

1 minute ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

There might be non-disclosure agreements from the arbitration I guess. 

I very much doubt that would prevent them from denying that they have acted in any unlawfully anti-competitive way.

6 minutes ago, Robster said:

It's probably just easier to say that they can't talk about it.
No chance of slipping up then.

Which would indicate that they have something to slip up on...or they don't know what to say.

Either way is pretty damning