Takeover Thread - July 1st statement, Staveley letter to Tracey Crouch (and response) in OP

Yorkie

Will the takeover be complete by this summer?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. Will the takeover be complete by this summer?

• Yes
    • No

Just now, gdm said:

Ashley is a cunt. This idea we need to be nice to him to get what we want can get to fuck. 

Exactly, just because our objectives align at this moment does not mean he should be trusted, if he gets the slightest opportunity to get his way and show us ‘two fingers’, he’ll take it. 

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

Ashley is a cunt. This idea we need to be nice to him to get what we want can get to fuck. 

Ashley pushes the takeover through and he gets what he wants, we get our club and hope back, win win I’d say.

Ashley only has one side and that's his own, he doesn't give the slightest fuck about the consortium or Newcastle fans. If there was a way in which he could get his £300 million and simultaneously shaft us, I'm convinced he'd take it without a second thought.

It's a shame most pundits, and some our match goers can't put 2 and 2 together like the last few comments.

Ashley cares for nowt but what he can get. Parasite, vulture, leech, thief, asset stripper whatever synonym you use. Our next owners could lead us to winning everything but not a jot of credit should be given to Ashley, nothing.

Ashley should be despised for eternity, and even that isn't enough.

Edited by Bimpy474

It's two things, firstly too many people seem unable to separate what everyone wants to happen (a takeover, but not necessarily by this group) from what's actually happening. The second is the local press are more than happy to string it along as it's easy to write about and always generates traffic. The Chronicle in particular manage to equate absolutely everything to "the takeover". 

Edited by Joey Linton

2 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

Ashley pushes the takeover through and he gets what he wants, we get our club and hope back, win win I’d say.

Spot on !!

I am an 'Ashley Hater' (he deserves it) but I am NOT an "irrational" Ashley Hater !!

I think there is more to this takeover than we realize.  Ashley is adamant he will only sell to the Saudi led consortium which makes me think he has an agreement to the sell open his SD shops in the KSA in particular in that new city KSA are building where the focus is to actively promote sporting health!!!

3 minutes ago, Ankles Bennett said:

I think there is more to this takeover than we realize.  Ashley is adamant he will only sell to the Saudi led consortium which makes me think he has an agreement to the sell open his SD shops in the KSA in particular in that new city KSA are building where the focus is to actively promote sporting health!!!

Would that not directly contradict the separation stuff though? 

Should add i think he'd sell to the first person to offer what he wants and pass the ODT. 

Edited by Joey Linton

43 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

It's two things, firstly too many people seem unable to separate what everyone wants to happen (a takeover, but not necessarily by this group) from what's actually happening. The second is the local press are more than happy to string it along as it's easy to write about and always generates traffic. The Chronicle in particular manage to equate absolutely everything to "the takeover". 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-fa-cup-final-20608316

Like that 

It's paytently obvious that Ashley arguing that the failure of the EPL to approve the change in ownership has denied the fans the takeover we deserve, is simply another lever to use against the EPL.  Its simply pointing out that its not just Ashley who is disappointed at the failed takeover, its the hundreds of thousands of fans, and it puts the EPL in a poor light denying us the chance of competing with the big 6!!!

On the topic of separation I didn't realise that NUST had released their barrister's letter to the PL, which was kept private at the time.

"The KSA PIF board is responsible for ‘the long-term strategy for the fund, approves the business plan and the annual budget, PIF’s organization and governance structures, investment pools, and major investment decisions’. The KSA PIF’s ‘Program 2018-2020’ identifies the KSA PIF’s ‘Funding Sources’ and ‘Governance and Operating Model’, which indicates that the KSA PIF is an entity separate to the KSA system of government. Further, Qatari- and the KSA-based lawyers have reviewed the KSA’s laws applicable to the KSA PIF to advise that the KSA PIF is a separate legal entity to the KSA system of government."

https://nufctrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/NUST-Letters-with-PL.pdf

Some people are relentless arseholes just for the bites aren't they? Little miniature Luke Edwards' running around the forum.

Fwiw Ashley's and our agenda line up for once and it's ok to be ok with that, so long as if it all falls through we go back to being mortal enemies and if it passes he can be derided and hated and not lauded for doing what suits him best just because it aligns with our wishes.

Aye, I’m not worried about what Mike Ashley might or might not do. Cross that bridge if we ever come to it.

My take on it is there’s more to this deal for him than the 300 million. I’m sure there would have been other takers that could have scraped up the money if that’s all he was after.

It seems it’s very genuine this time that he’s fighting our corner on this, even if he’s doing it for other reasons.

I also think the way the supporters have shown they want KSA PIF at the club has formed a bond in terms of them waiting for this deal to happen. It certainly hasn’t gone unnoticed with them.

1 hour ago, Jackie Broon said:

On the topic of separation I didn't realise that NUST had released their barrister's letter to the PL, which was kept private at the time.

"The KSA PIF board is responsible for ‘the long-term strategy for the fund, approves the business plan and the annual budget, PIF’s organization and governance structures, investment pools, and major investment decisions’. The KSA PIF’s ‘Program 2018-2020’ identifies the KSA PIF’s ‘Funding Sources’ and ‘Governance and Operating Model’, which indicates that the KSA PIF is an entity separate to the KSA system of government. Further, Qatari- and the KSA-based lawyers have reviewed the KSA’s laws applicable to the KSA PIF to advise that the KSA PIF is a separate legal entity to the KSA system of government."

This will come down to semantics, but I didn't realise this was the response to NUST from Masters where he refers to PIF as a company. 

3 hours ago, Happinesstan said:

You're one of the first to complain when people talk utter crap in the positive thread.

He’s the biggest troll on here but coz he’s positive he gets away with it. 

Edited by gdm

2 hours ago, Jackie Broon said:

That’s a really well written letter I have to say and I never saw it last year.
It really leaves me in no doubt that we have been royally fucked over here. PIF is a separate legal entity according to the laws in place and it is operated for the benefit of the KSA, but not by the KSA. That’s the public business line and how the PL can presume this is wrong is based on no actual evidence. This whole thing is just laughable and there’s clearly cloak and dagger bollocks going on here

15 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I’d rather be happy and positive than negative and bitter🤷🏼‍♂️

Nothing at all wrong with being positive there are plenty on here that’s positive that don’t repeat themselves constantly 

Edited by gdm