Group D (Croatia, Czech Republic, England, Scotland)

Big River

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I know I'm very much on the other side of the fence but I can't get over the level of hate for Southgate. Worse than rancid lying piece of shit Bruce , ffs, give me strength. 

I came into this tournament fairly indifferent on him, he's undoubtedly a good figurehead and results / performances have been decent overall since he started, compared to previous managers. 

Patience is wearing thin now though, there is a wealth of exciting attacking talent there and he's wasting it with his cautiousness. Want to see a good attacking display tonight or I'll be further that way tbh. 

Feels Pardew-esque with his random usage of Obertan over Hatem. 

Sancho is literally England's best right winger. It's his natural position. He's one of the most expensive players in the world assuming he is sold this summer. He's bang in form too. 

12 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

there is a wealth of exciting attacking talent there and he's wasting it with his cautiousness

The three others around Kane are Grealish, who everyone's been wanting to get a chance, Saka, who's an exciting player and the only player who's scored for us so far (and should've had a pen against Scotland). I think people are overstating the caution, certainly as far as the line up is concerned. 

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Feels Pardew-esque with his random usage of Obertan over Hatem. 

Sancho is literally England's best right winger. It's his natural position. He's one of the most expensive players in the world assuming he is sold this summer. He's bang in form too. 

It's utterly baffling. Only natural right winger, plus he looks to cross the ball for the striker in his natural game. If you want Kane to get going, Sancho is your best chance. 

I like Southgate as a person, think he speaks well and carries himself well. He sets us up too defensively though, madness playing both Rice and Philips. The knives will deservedly be out if we play like we did against Scotland again in this tournament. Not only is it shit football but it’s also going to get us knocked out 

Going to be an interesting to see how England/Czech plays out today. Both might just be happy to be going through already and it’ll be a boring as fuck friendly. 

Really hope to see some attacking football though to go into the 16 riding high. 

7 minutes ago, Nobody said:

It's utterly baffling. Only natural right winger, plus he looks to cross the ball for the striker in his natural game. If you want Kane to get going, Sancho is your best chance. 

he plays outside england therefore doesn't exist 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

The three others around Kane are Grealish, who everyone's been wanting to get a chance, Saka, who's an exciting player and the only player who's scored for us so far (and should've had a pen against Scotland). I think people are overstating the caution, certainly as far as the line up is concerned. 

I'm more on about performances so far, what we've seen. Us and Spain must be the most boring of the big sides so far and there's no excuse for it with the talent available. How much of it is down to the obsession with Rice and pairing him with a runner I'm not sure, but on the evidence we've seen so far it's not leading to effective attacking play.

Anyway hopefully that changes tonight :thup:

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Once again, way too cautious from Southgate.

And i cant help buy feel that Maguire or Stones have a massive gaffe in them somewhere in this tournament.

Probably a kiss of death but Maguire literally hasn't put a foot wrong in about 8 months. 

Only just occured to me, I wonder if he's picked Saka because he played up against the same left back in the game where Arsenal destroyed Slavia, and he got took off at HT because Saka was having his life.