PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Awful news. He's a very likeable man and maybe too soon to judge the impact of his time here but am sure the foundations will be solid.

This club is really going to have to pull together over the next while.

10 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Depends if he can afford it though. I know he’ll have plenty of money, but treatment in the USA could easily clean him out straight away, and he’ll no longer have insurance for it.

Good point. My mate is insured up to the ears. 

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Leaving altogether to focus on his health and family. But not immediately. 

Sounds like you’re questioning the veracity of his and the clubs statement or have I read this wrong?

6 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Awful news. He's a very likeable man and maybe too soon to judge the impact of his time here but am sure the foundations will be solid.

This club is really going to have to pull together over the next while.

No doubt about it, we will pull together.  Starting tomorrow. The support he will get tomorrow will be incredible I am sure, and the team as well. 

Just shitty news, and I wish him and his family all the best. 

11 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

Sounds like you’re questioning the veracity of his and the clubs statement or have I read this wrong?

no it says it in the statement. He’s working now, business as usual as we find a replacement and then he’ll step aside. There’s probably a timed window for this as he starts treatment soon. 

I thought he was doing his job well fwiw. Would have preferred he had done a bit less of the PR stuff, but behind the scenes he was making tough decisions which might not have made him too popular, but someone had to do it.

17 minutes ago, STM said:

Puts into perspective the dogs abuse he was getting a month ago. 

Thoughts with him at this time.

Very much this the fact he sang a song at the Stack and what followed, probably says more about how where all damaged after the Ashley years.

27 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Very much this the fact he sang a song at the Stack and what followed, probably says more about how where all damaged after the Ashley years.

Nowt to do with us as a fan base but our society in general.

Very sad news and best wishes for him and his family.

On a lighter note it does seem the gods are always against NUFC. Nothing seems to go as planned. Whether it be getting wealthy owners and laws introduced to kerb mainly just us. Cup Final no show. Then the Ashworth situation. Missing out on Europe when normally we wouldn’t have. New cup draw rules the year it doesn’t suit us and extended ECL the year after we made it. Then Meh & Mandy. Then EH & Mitchell. Now Eales. All in a relatively short space of time.

So many sliding doors. Enjoy the journey they say [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Very sad news and best wishes for him and his family.

On a lighter note it does seem the gods are always against NUFC. Nothing seems to go as planned. Whether it be getting wealthy owners and laws introduced to kerb mainly just us. Cup Final no show. Then the Ashworth situation. Missing out on Europe when normally we wouldn’t have. New cup draw rules the year it doesn’t suit us and extended ECL the year after we made it. Then Meh & Mandy. Then EH & Mitchell. Now Eales. All in a relatively short space of time.

So many sliding doors. Enjoy the journey they say [emoji38]

Don’t think there are many clubs that have to wade through as much shit as us like

Just now, Jack27 said:

Don’t think there are many clubs that have to wade through as much shit as us like

It brings us together though and that's why we're up there with the best in terms of support.

Not sure we'll know what to do if we ever win something mind..