PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

3 hours ago, Mike said:

It was probably the same water from the Allardyce years.

I've just whiteyed in me mouth at the thought of fat Sams bathwater. 

Fucks sake Mike. 

Edited by Wilson

9 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Fucks sake Mike. 

Reckon there’d be a bit of ‘Eau de Baconne’ sloshing about in there too. 

Guys, if these lot are putting the graft in with the women's team, the training ground, getting contracts sorted, hiring Eddie's backroom team, imagine what work they are doing lining up potential transfers?:smitten:

Can't wait for our first signing. Which will come quick.

11 minutes ago, macphisto said:

They got planning permission for a new training ground in 2014 (link) which might quicken the process.

For context, that took 9 months, 15 months if you count the original withdrawn application.

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

For context, that took 9 months, 15 months if you count the original withdrawn application.

They also wanted to completely knock everything down and start again didn't they?

2 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

But would it not help to speed the process up now? I've no knowledge of planning permission but does it not mean that a lot of the information they require to make a decision is already there?

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

They also wanted to completely knock everything down and start again didn't they?

They did, and hopefully this should be more straightforward, but it's pretty much impossible to prejudge how long a planning application will take.

4 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

I was always embarassed by how small time those plans were under ashley

Newcastle-Uniteds-new-training-ground.jp

You just know that's a super cheap prefab piece of crap building.  Fucking footy tennis court at the front so dumb.

:lol:

Looks like something off Soccer AM, out the back of the car park. 

14 minutes ago, macphisto said:

But would it not help to speed the process up now? I've no knowledge of planning permission but does it not mean that a lot of the information they require to make a decision is already there?

Not necessarily, this is a different development and information from the previous application won't necessary be directly applicable or might be out of date.

Seems like the main holdups on the last application were with the Environment Agency (who shouldn't need to be consulted on this one as it's a minor development) and the Coal Authority.

Most delays in planning are actually caused by consultees, or more precisely applicants not submitting adequate information to allow consultees to say it's OK.

Edited by Jackie Broon

12 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Not necessarily, this is a different development and information from the previous application won't necessary be directly applicable or might be out of date.

Seems like the main holdups on the last application were with the Environment Agency (who shouldn't need to be consulted on this one as it's a minor development) and the Coal Authority.

Most delays in planning are actually caused by consultees, or more precisely applicants not submitting adequate information to allow consultees to say it's OK.

So you're not North Tyneside then, unless you're being coy. Ruling them out one by one. :lol:

Guest reefatoon
3 hours ago, Stifler said:

There is no way that will be ready in time for the new season, it will take 3 months minimum for it to be approved.

And cost hundreds of billions?

Well whatever was linked to NTC has now disappeared but I'm still absolutely buzzing with them renders and plans.

Id be buzzing if they'd put a new vending machine in such is my interest atm.

2 hours ago, Wilson said:

Fucks sake Mike. 

:lol: All the floating gum in there, man.

3 hours ago, ManDoon said:

It’s mad that actually happened. Insane 

If a non-league club did that I'd be like "That's a clever solution to a lack of investment. Smart." But Ashley is a fucking billionaire and he's got Charnley and Carver getting bins on sale. :lol: We were a shambles, but somehow assholes for being angry.

5 hours ago, David Edgar said:

I was always embarassed by how small time those plans were under ashley

Newcastle-Uniteds-new-training-ground.jp

You just know that's a super cheap prefab piece of crap building.  Fucking footy tennis court at the front so dumb.

Those windows wouldn’t last two seconds