PIF, PCP, and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

10 hours ago, The Butcher said:

:lol:

I am simply shocked.

Oh wait, I'm not.

On 01/10/2021 at 06:19, B-more Mag said:

I don't think he could have done any investigation of Mauriss. I spent about an hour or so on various Google searches and looking at court records, and that's all it took to find out the guy was a fraudster who had been convicted of securities violations in the U.S. and was having assets seized by the government. :lol:

This section from that piece is incredible: "Perhaps most bizarrely, it is claimed there was a moment where Mauriss floated the idea with advisors as to whether Newcastle owner Ashley would consider payments via “gold or diamonds”, which he had in Asia, before being reminded Ashley runs publicly limited companies and this may not be appropriate."

3 hours ago, Jack27 said:

I love this stuff.  It’s a fundamental failure to understand the intent here - PIF has already made it clear.

You spend £300m on NUFC, then invest in it - even a £1bn investment might grow the club to reach Spurs or Chelsea levels and the club is worth £2, 3, 4bn.  The idea is that it is an investment which pays off.

Buying Man Utd for £5bn makes a return much, much more difficult.  You’re relying on values continuing to climb - and ultimately, a thing is only worth what someone is willing to pay.  Man Utd ran up a £115m loss last year.  Where exactly is the yield, other than the value of the club?  And again, how many would be willing to buy for more than you paid should you decide to flip it?  We’ve reached the point where sovereign states are buying clubs - where do you go once they wish to sell?

NB some of this boils down to simple jealousy, like that Chadwick knacker.  Man Yoo are on the market - of course everyone will drop everything to buy it.

That’s not going to be the case.  They’ll get a buyer chucking daft money at the purchase - but it is a hell of a gamble.  Anyone who doesn’t have shit for brains would be much better off buying a Leeds, Everton, Villa etc - buy a club which can be grown to those levels at a relatively low price.  

Not a bad thing for us if the Qatari’s by the mancs, you’ll find quite a few high profile football commentators come down off their moral high horse if this goes through. 

Also whilst the Qatari’s have been the most corrupt fuckers in world football, I don’t think it’s a bad thing to lessen the yank influence on the league. 

3 minutes ago, Sima said:

It’s hilarious how much a lot of the media want PIF to ditch us and move onto their beloved Man United.

Probably because the Qataris bidding for Manu U ain’t the state it’s just a rich member of the royal family ( the emirs uncle). They’re getting rich people money not the sovereign wealth money the media are desperate for.

16 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Can only see a Qatari rival driving the Saudis to want to make a success of it even more.

Agree, I read ages ago that basically for both countries they want to be the ones who have the upper hand and its like a fiece rivalry on who can out do the other. 

Hence why the Bein TV rights also became such a problem for the Saudis. 

3 minutes ago, SAK said:

Probably because the Qataris bidding for Manu U ain’t the state it’s just a rich member of the royal family ( the emirs uncle). They’re getting rich people money not the sovereign wealth money the media are desperate for.

I find it hard to believe this guy isn’t just a front for the state, if you look at his net worth he can’t afford Man U. This is just a way to get the deal through to avoid complications with PSG ownership.