PIF and RB Sports & Media

Yorkie

Part of me just wishes we'd just spend what we want to spend and deal with FFP in the courts. Because it doesn't work - it was meant to stop owners burying clubs in debt. But is now being used to keep clubs down. Needs to be challenged.

12 minutes ago, Krabbe2 said:

Director of Brand, Marketing and Digital Media. Wow! Just getting more and more impressed with the job Lee Charnley did. Couldn't possibly have had time for lunch every day.

I've said for a bit he must of been working his bollocks off. Running the club like. While the fat mess was down London gambling. 

2 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Chelsea in talks with Riyadh Air, 100% owned by PIF, regarding a £60m front of shirt sponsorship.

https://theathletic.com/4833777/2023/09/06/chelsea-riyadh-air-sponsorship-shirt/

Ha ha that's going to go down a treat on the NUFC thread on RAWK! Just caught up with the aftermath of those and Brighton beat us - Jesus Christ - hatred is unreal! Mackemesque levels!

Purely from an NUFC point of view, at least, all the time, they are messing with the concept of 'fair market value' here. Chelsea are obviously not a related party, so they can sign whatever deal they like.

Not saying this any sort of plan to do that at all, but with that as precedent, it makes it harder to deny a sponsorship to a club like us, who are actually in the Champions League as being fair market value.

(The question of Saudi involvement in the League in the first place and whether that's a good thing is a different one for the other thread, recognising that I can't have my cake and eat it.)

Edited by Abacus