Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Just now, Collage said:

Can’t wait to have 50 players out on loan

:lol:

Yeah, he did kind of introduce that whole thing.

To be fair, it was motivated by the fact he felt the managers were not showing enough trust in the young players coming through at around 19/20 years old, and so he introduced that system to showcase them in order to get them more of a chance at Chelsea and justify the work they were doing in the academy setup.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

It’s worked super well for them as well as much as people take the piss 

Yeah, absolutely. With a manager more inclined to using youth players though, you'd definitely see more of those go into the first team more seamlessly.

Oh definitely. The problem was it wasn’t really ethical? In the sense they were just hoovering players up that could have come through somewhere else. Be interesting to see his level of patience with head coaches, without Roman pulling the trigger every two seconds. Also wonder how Brexit would affect this sort of strategy.

Edited by Rafalove

15 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Oh definitely. The problem was it wasn’t really ethical? In the sense they were just hoovering players up that could have come through somewhere else. Be interesting to see his level of patience with head coaches, without Roman pulling the trigger every two seconds. Also wonder how Brexit would affect this sort of strategy.

Not ethical you say. Requires a shed load of investment but will bring success in the long term. Sounds just like the new NUFC. Sign him on.

Fair play to Wright, like. In the top three pundits out there these days, no doubt about it. Probably second only to Neville who, whilst I don't agree with everything he says by any stretch of the imagination, you can't deny he's compelling to listen to. 

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Oh boy just when I think i’ve come to terms with all this, a mackem goes and writes stuff like this. She’ll be tarred and feathered on RTG.

“He is a great fit for what we are trying to build here. We are delighted to welcome Eddie and his staff to St James’ Park and very much look forward to working together towards our collective ambitions.”

“Given that Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund are worth around £700bn and own 80% of Newcastle those ambitions are stratospheric but, before Europe can be conquered, relegation must be avoided.”

Edited by Whitley mag

Really know nowt about Dof's or SDs so will leave that speculation to the footie nerds but I cannot wait to see a professional setup at the club and what that will bring us. For so long we've uttered that the club is rotten and that rot starts at the top and works it's way down so to see top tier footballing persons linked to roles is a fucking joy even though I haven't got a scooby who any of them are. 

Feels good though. ?