Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Alberto2005 said:

I like Hope, but I get the feeling even with Howe who's likeable if it started going wrong he'd be all over him like a rash.

Is that not exactly how it should be? 

I've always disliked the idea that Pepe Mel and Steve Bruce can do the same job but one is 'hounded out' and the other is a clown. 

8 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

I like Hope, but I get the feeling even with Howe who's likeable if it started going wrong he'd be all over him like a rash.

Is that a bad thing, though? If the manager isn’t doing what he should be, he should get called out. I didn’t find McClaren particularly offensive but he wasn’t performing and Hope called him out. 

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Is that a bad thing, though? If the manager isn’t doing what he should be, he should get called out. I didn’t find McClaren particularly offensive but he wasn’t performing and Hope called him out. 

That was slightly different we were 19th three quarters of the way into the season. Hope was questioning Howe 2 games back and now he's praising him again.

Such a professional, feel like we’re in such safe hands. Everyone is pulling in the same direction; the board, the manager, the players and the fans. Think that’s why I’m the most confident to we’ll stay up. Howe is great at instilling positivity without being a false cunt about it like some previous managers who’d switch from positivity when things were going well to throwing players under the bus and becoming negative to lower expectations of the club 

There'll be an extra level of satisfaction if if he can grow as a manger along with the club as we (hopefully) climb the league over the next few years. Just an added perk to it all if we don't need to ship him out to kick on in the next few years.

Speaks so well and is clearly just a good bloke. A genuine good bloke.

Think I haven't quite come to terms with what a stunning job he has done so far.

Players are much fitter

He tells fans to get pissed after the match

He grafts his arse off

He plays attacking football

He improves individuals (Joelinton, Fraser)

He's professional

He has balls (not starting Bruno)

Results have improved

Performances have improved

Attitude is better

Defence is improving

Honestly I'm behind this guy to at least the level I was with Rafa. What really does it for me is that he wants to learn. He's not happy unless he is developing his own management, as opposed to Steve (I've been in the game 40 years) Bruce.

Perhaps it's just the contrast between having a shithouse like Bruce but I feel like we've fallen on our feet with Howe.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Think I haven't quite come to terms with what a stunning job he has done so far.

Players are much fitter

He tells fans to get pissed after the match

He grafts his arse off

He plays attacking football

He improves individuals (Joelinton, Fraser)

He's professional

He has balls (not starting Bruno)

Results have improved

Performances have improved

Attitude is better

Defence is improving

Honestly I'm behind this guy to at least the level I was with Rafa. What really does it for me is that he wants to learn. He's not happy unless he is developing his own management, as opposed to Steve (I've been in the game 40 years) Bruce.

Perhaps it's just the contrast between having a shithouse like Bruce but I feel like we've fallen on our feet with Howe.

Completely agreed, glad the results are starting to reflect his hard work.

I watched his full 31 min presser earlier, the way he talks about the club and his ambitions to improve players is tremendous. I know it’s been said but we’ve went from a football obsessive like Benitez to an absolute disgrace in Bruce, and now we’ve went to another football obsessive who is willing to work his arse off for the team.

If we stay up, we are going to invest heavily and I can see Wor Eddie becoming someone talked about glowingly in 20 years time or so. 

31 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Completely agreed, glad the results are starting to reflect his hard work.

I watched his full 31 min presser earlier, the way he talks about the club and his ambitions to improve players is tremendous. I know it’s been said but we’ve went from a football obsessive like Benitez to an absolute disgrace in Bruce, and now we’ve went to another football obsessive who is willing to work his arse off for the team.

If we stay up, we are going to invest heavily and I can see Wor Eddie becoming someone talked about glowingly in 20 years time or so. 

The press conference was so good to listen to. Really enjoying listening to him talking about everything. So much thought is going to everything he does.
He's a right grafter, clearly.

For the first year or so I genuinely went out of my way to avoid hearing Bruce speak. Would change the channel etc; honestly couldn't bear it.

I honestly don't think I've missed a word that Eddie Howe has said in front of a camera since he arrived. Still not totally convinced about his ability (though think he's done pretty well on the whole) but I think he's a great person and I appreciate his dedication enormously. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

For the first year or so I genuinely went out of my way to avoid hearing Bruce speak. Would change the channel etc; honestly couldn't bear it.

I honestly don't think I've missed a word that Eddie Howe has said in front of a camera since he arrived. Still not totally convinced about his ability (though think he's done pretty well on the whole) but I think he's a great person and I appreciate his dedication enormously. 

Couldn’t agree more.