Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Any chance of him getting Manager Of The Season? Where would we need to finish for him to be in with a shout? 9th perhaps? 10th even?

Has a manager ever won it without having won a trophy in that season?

1 minute ago, Mazzy said:

Any chance of him getting Manager Of The Season? Where would we need to finish for him to be in with a shout? 9th perhaps? 10th even?

Pardew did.

2 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Pardew won it the season we finished 5th

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Where would we need to finish for him to be in with a shout? 

Paddy V will get it. FA semi's and put together a cracking Palace team when half their squad left on a free. I know we could go ahead of them by beating them but still think he's the leader for the underdog candidate. Oh and then there's Moyes.

Edited by Dokko

Didn't even cross my mind that Pardew had won it.

Just had a look and Tony Pulis won it at Crystal Palace 13/14 season, after taking over in late November (no idea what position they were in when he took over) and finishing 11th with them.

So it's definitely on the cards if we can get into the top half. 

12 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Didn't even cross my mind that Pardew had won it.

Just had a look and Tony Pulis won it at Crystal Palace 13/14 season, after taking over in late November (no idea what position they were in when he took over) and finishing 11th with them.

So it's definitely on the cards if we can get into the top half. 

As merited as it would be it won’t happen because of the pure saltiness of the Premier League to all things NUFC. They’re already trotting out the £100m spent in January line.

I pay no mind to the dogshit clout chasing faceless accounts on Twitter as they're just doing whatever they need to get their precious likes and retweets.

It is, however, extremely satisfying making the mindless dipshits that spout those talking points to me in person stumble over their words as I ask how much the clubs below us have been able to spend in all the transfer windows that Ashley wouldn't let the club spend. Or how many games £45m of our January spend started in the 9 match unbeaten run. Or how early our newly signed England International got injured in to that run. Or simply how much they deem acceptable to spend, considering our eventual spend would've been more than allowed based on FFP if Ashley would've simply let the club spend it.

46 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Paddy V will get it. FA semi's and put together a cracking Palace team when half their squad left on a free. I know we could go ahead of them by beating them but still think he's the leader for the underdog candidate. Oh and then there's Moyes.

Surely not man ffs people making it out as though they've got a team full of plodders

They are more than likely gonna finish bottom half

Only beat lower league opposition to get to the semi then a piss poor Everton at home

Never known a manager as overrated since lamplard.

2 minutes ago, wiseman said:

As great as Howe has been, I can see it going to Moyes or even Conte this year over him, purely because they'll say we've spent money. Even if it is for the first time in years.

Yes but the money doesn’t make the team gel and work as a unit to produce the goods.

11 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Yes but the money doesn’t make the team gel and work as a unit to produce the goods.

Not at all, it's a cheap excuse not to give it to him, but I can see them making it to avoid providing recognition to him

23 minutes ago, wiseman said:

Not at all, it's a cheap excuse not to give it to him, but I can see them making it to avoid providing recognition to him

?? At some point they (Premier league) will have to if not already realise there is a well oiled, monied machine juggernaut of a club just gaining a little speed and momentum and they’ll have to jump aboard and embrace their beautiful nemesis that is Newcastle United :indi:

As much as I dislike him Thomas Frank should be favourite alongside Klopp with the winner depending on who wins the league.

OGS too, to keep Man Utd in the top half despite only spending 60p was some effort from the serial Tippeligaen hero.

Would love to know exactly what he learned during his time off, especially from Simeone. My main worry when he came in was that we'd be too expansive and open, but with a couple of exceptions (Leicester and Spurs away) we've been almost Rafa levels of defensively organised with the added bonus of always looking like we want to attack and win.

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Would love to know exactly what he learned during his time off, especially from Simeone. My main worry when he came in was that we'd be too expansive and open, but with a couple of exceptions (Leicester and Spurs away) we've been almost Rafa levels of defensively organised with the added bonus of always looking like we want to attack and win.

It's the biggest reason I've got a lot of hope he's the man to grow with the club as we aim to break in to Europe. He not only wants to improve, but has proven he's willing to put in the miles (literally, in some cases) and that it has appeared to bear fruit already.

I wasn't disappointed in his hiring by any means, and said I'd have been happy with him from the start. But I never expected it would turn out to feel like such a perfect match. :smitten:

For me it's not just about how he's come in and changed the side completely, injected some disciplin, confidence and knowledge into the team, but also fits perfectly in with the ethos of the whole experience, seamlessly linking players, owners and fans. There's a togetherness that hasn't been there for 20 years, possibly ever. Seriously getting turned down by other managers was the best thing that could have ever happened to us.