Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

It’s great that the likes of Dummett, Ritchie & Gayle are no more than token benchfillers now too. We’re going to keep movin’ on up for a few years.

It's great that they still contribute to the overall mood, too. They all must be aware that their time at the club is over, but Howe has instilled in all of them the very ting that Wood commented on. They're all desperate to take the club to the next level, even though they know they probably won't be part of it. 

3 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I know this has been mentioned before but late in the second half Schar went down after we won a free kick physio ran on but didn't go anywhere near Schar rans to the guys in the middle and gave them a load of instruction and then back off. As it was a gk Schar didn't have to go off either. Shows they are on the ball the full game and aren't just waiting to see how it goes. 

Schar has done that absolutely loads, seems to get the physio on every game. Be amazed if it’s not drilled.

There was a very discernible change in shape towards the end as well. Wood moved to the left-wing and was even playing close to our own penalty area at one point. Don't know if that was tactical to just get ASM out of harm's way, or brought on through a fitness issue somewhere.

21 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

It's great that they still contribute to the overall mood, too. They all must be aware that their time at the club is over, but Howe has instilled in all of them the very ting that Wood commented on. They're all desperate to take the club to the next level, even though they know they probably won't be part of it. 

everyone one of them will be welcome back at the club in the future as a supporter, opposition player, pundit etc whereas six months ago they were definitely not welcomed.

amazing turnaround and their attitude has to be applauded, both the likes of Shelvey who have stepped up and the likes of Gayle who have helped the group dynamic 

He’s doing this without Wilson and Trippier too by the way. I’m fucking floored. 

I absolutely love and admire the fella. Everytime he speaks I’m stopping and taking every word. His tactical brain and general running of the football side - the culture shift. Unbelievable stuff. 

First time I've watched us live under Howe last night, and was incredibly impressed with our shape, fitness and desire. Never looked in trouble at any point against a team who have had a really good season.

The transformation he and his team have brought about has been incredible. 

never a single excuse yet about injuries.

never puts a dampener on any fans expectations.

never talks up the opposition to an extent where we're beaten before we start.

goes in to win every game home or away.

never disrespects an interviewer or loses it.

never licks his own face or frequents kebab shops.

1 hour ago, huss9 said:

never a single excuse yet about injuries.

never puts a dampener on any fans expectations.

never talks up the opposition to an extent where we're beaten before we start.

goes in to win every game home or away.

never disrespects an interviewer or loses it.

never licks his own face or frequents kebab shops.

I've yet to see him scratch his balls, too.

It looked like we'd put some serious work into our attacking movement early doors yesterday. Pleasing to see. More to come, but it looked like we had some new ideas going forward.

Just now, 80 said:

It looked like we'd put some serious work into our attacking movement early doors yesterday. Pleasing to see. More to come, but it looked like we had some new ideas going forward.

Loved that weird free kick that Shelvey and Targett faked over three times 

2 minutes ago, 80 said:

Imagine it with actual quality forward players 

3 minutes ago, 80 said:

Interesting, I saw the interview with Wood and he alluded to EH asking him (and others) to do different things each week, make different runs etc

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

Interesting, I saw the interview with Wood and he alluded to EH asking him (and others) to do different things each week, make different runs etc

Essentially tailoring roles to match the opposition. I thought it was interesting Wood said he like the challenge or something like that. That implies some managers just run the same tactics every game and hope they have the better side. This seems like a more sensible approach.

Just now, McDog said:

Essentially tailoring roles to match the opposition. I thought it was interesting Wood said he like the challenge or something like that. That implies some managers just run the same tactics every game and hope they have the better side. This seems like a more sensible approach.

Exactly, you can imagine Dyche saying basically the same most weeks "Right lad, get in the box, get on the end of things". No offense intended to Dyche, he might be more tactically flexible and astute than I give him credit for.