Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

:lol: Aye, I think the way his face scrunches when he smiles just makes him look smug.

skysports-eddie-howe-newcastle_5588105.j

Maybe that face should become the official replacement for :smug: on here.

He reminds me of my former boss. Who was a store manager, business obsessive, literally like a Robot built by the company to run things.

Eddie's like a footballing android. He was built to be obsessed over footballing detail, hes brain is like a computer for footballing analysis and when he smiles during a press conference, he's not actually smiling through happiness, he's smiling because he's been programmed to smile in between giving perfectly measured answers.

He just looks happy with his lot. He has worked incredibly hard to improve his managerial knowledge in the time since he left Bournemouth and he is now getting his rewards. Much more deserved than someone getting sacked with a big payoff then spending their time watching cricket and eating kebabs with no intention of trying to improve or learn from past experience and just waiting for some other mugs to employ them.

That goals against column doesn’t really worry me either. Said before he came we’d get some hidings along the way just because of the way he likes to play, but over the course of the season he’ll get where he wants. Literally the opposite of Rafa Benitez (not a good or bad thing by the way). Who played a certain way to get what he needed.

8 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That goals against column doesn’t really worry me either. Said before he came we’d get some hidings along the way just because of the way he likes to play, but over the course of the season he’ll get where he wants. Literally the opposite of Rafa Benitez (not a good or bad thing by the way). Who played a certain way to get what he needed.

Don't agree with that, we're not playing 'how he likes to play' right now and he's alluded to it a few times.  We're currently playing how he feels is necessary to get the job done, once we're safe or maybe the start of next season, we'll see a change and have a better idea of how he wants us to play. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/eddie-howe-newcastle-premier-league-mike-ashley-bournemouth-b2059494.html Nice quotes, is it from the presser? 

The 44-year-old head coach said: “We have to build the club in conjunction with the team. I don’t think it’s a case that you can just build the team and not include the infrastructure in that, so we have a lot of work to do.”

Howe oversaw a similar process as he led former club Bournemouth from League Two to the top flight, and he admits there are parallels to be drawn.

He said: “At Bournemouth, we came from League Two to the Premier League where naturally we had a lot to change.

“When you attract players in the Premier League and you’re signing players at that level, you can’t not offer them the right surroundings and the right day-to-day environment for them to perform at their best at the level you’re playing at.

“Now, here we have good facilities, but I think there’s a need to take things on a step and that’s certainly in everyone’s minds.”

Good facilities is a stretch personally but the rest is good

Plenty of time in the summer to give some facilities a much need revitalisation. Can't change everything overnight or even across a a few summer months but no doubt Howe had earmarked what need to be priority. Certain things will be done  ASAP at the training ground once the season has ended I'd have thought. 

Guest HTT II

Apparently we’ve invested in a lot of stand alone fitness and training equipment, but of course we need integrated stuff and our current training ground doesn’t cater for that, such as pools, ice baths and such.

Hope he's good enough to be with us til he's owld and grey. A classy representative of our club who takes responsibility for everything NUFC, big and small. Such a welcome contrast to many of the horrible conmen who came before him. 

36 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Hope he's good enough to be with us til he's owld and grey. A classy representative of our club who takes responsibility for everything NUFC, big and small. Such a welcome contrast to many of the horrible conmen who came before him. 

hope he reaches Fergie levels of success. With humility and respect.