Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, The Prophet said:

Absolutely love the fact that he took time out of the game to address his weaknesses. A top pro and a fantastic ambassador for the club.

And without wanting to speak too soon, looks like he's learned a fair bit. I was fully expecting us to be, at best, better going forward and open at the back like Bournemouth were. Nothing about our good run was like that, we were really solid and nicked important goals and shut up shop.

Whatever happens, he will leave this club as a legend. Its now up to him how far he wants to take that legendary status.

Will it be "Eddie how was a decent manager for us."

Or "God".

I really love him as a bloke, so centred and calm. 

I trust the gaffer will be having a glass tonight now the maths are in - and then back to thinking about the Arsenal game as soon as he’s necked it.

Irrespective of money spent, this club was destined for the drop before he came in.  We all know that - bollocks to know-nowt pundits.  Whatever happens from here on in, it’ll always be remembered that it was built upon his achievement this season.

And I’m also over the moon to write that, if what is coming over the next few years happens as we think it does, we’ll get to bore future generations of NUFC supporters about what it was like to be worried about relegation.  Can’t wait - I’m a naturally cantankerous bastard at the best of times.

Cheers!

Six years to the day that relegation was rubber-stamped by a 3-0 mackem victory over Everton, Newcastle's Premier League safety was mathematically confirmed without kicking a ball on Wednesday night.
A 3-0 win for Chelsea over Leeds United at Elland Road tonight left the eighteenth-placed Whites nine points behind the Magpies with just two games left.
To have recovered from what looked like the hopeless position of one victory and just 12 points from our first 20 games of the season is a remarkable achievement - with the mid-season transfers only one part of the story.

Wherever we go from here and whoever ends up wearing the black and white shirt, the class of 2022 deserve massive credit for restoring some belief, integrity and pride to the club and the supporters.
For Eddie Howe it's a personal triumph and for the club a vindication of their decision to appoint him; top-flight survival priceless to owners for whom the loss of face that would have accompanied relegation was incalculable.
While reaching this point in previous seasons was the limit of our ambitions though, things are rather different on Barrack Road these days. Tonight was the first building block - and hopefully the cornerstone of future success. 
If you're raising a glass, the toast is:
"the fella from Bournemouth who got a team relegated."

From .com :lol: 

I thought we we'd had it after the summer transfer window closed. Thanks to our new owners and an inspired choice of manager, we've made it with two games to spare. Great stuff, and hopefully a fair bit to look forward to.

Got no doubt Eddie and his team worked ultra professionally and hard not just on the training ground but studiously off it too on all kinds of aspects at the club.  Earned more than a good drink tonight but probably won't even take it. Please be congratulating themselves somehow, I'd feel guilty if they werent.

Its very much appreciated.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Echo everyone's sentiments. 

I love that he's clearly just a smashing bloke n'all. He represents the club impeccably which is great for numerous reasons: it makes for a wonderful antidote to the obnoxious misery and unprofessionalism of Bruce; it distracts and/or makes it less easy for the press to pile on with the many negative agendas that might otherwise surround the club; and finally, very simply, it's just good having a good bloke to listen to, get behind and trust.

Done a remarkable job this season and I've every faith that we've picked up a cracking manager from under everyone's noses. Fully expect him to go from strength to strength. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Regardless of what happens next, this bloke has pulled off one of the most important and - at one point - seemingly impossible tasks in our modern history. Club legend. 

Yes. Shaved years off wherever were going by his efforts.

Sir Bobby and KK's first objectives were to keep us up. 

I believed he'd keep us up but what he's done is absolutely brilliant. We could only improve, but to improve in all the areas we have is beyond any expectations. From what was here: Schar, Kraft, Shelvey, Fraser, Willock, JOELINTON. All amazing improvements.I dont care what people think about the future but Burn, Targett and Tripper were brilliant decicions at the time and have meant we've got to where we have. Even Wood. The Bruno transfer speaks for itself and more about how the club has changed. The shape, the passing, the positioning, the effort. Him not only as a manager but as a figurehead. 

Absolutely unreal turnaround because of him. Fuck the people who go on about what was spent in January. Beyond short sighted

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Since January we've been on that run and some have said that, at the time,Leeds,Villa,Everton, Southampton, Wolves, Brighton etc never turned up when they played us.....then some manager/coach said "Newcastle don't let you play how you want". I think there's a lot more to Eddie now than there was at Bournemouth and he wasn't bad there, but he's took on learning from what happened there, didn't jump straight into another job, took time to learn and we could well get the benefit.

Eddie should win the most outstanding manager in the Premier League  this season.

But we all know its not going to happen.

picked by a panel assembled by the league's sponsors, who wont have the balls to give it to Eddie.

so its going to be either Klopp or Guardiola.

Edited by prefabtoon

Be genuinely interested to know honestly what he thinks of the press he gets (or very much doesn’t). Much like his MOTM win, that we’re safe despite the horrific circumstances he took on is seemingly verboten to comment on. We'll probably never know from his POV sadly.

I’m sure he knew it’d come with the taking on of the job but it’s quite amusing none the less. No doubt  they’ll all be the first to pile pressure on next season if it doesn’t go amazingly.

Not too mention how to interesting it is to see how people will tie themselves into knots about how anything to do with club is reported. The lasses getting a big crowd being the perfect example.

Guest HTT II

I’ve always rated him, he wasn't my first choice (Emery), and I was massively worried we would ship in tonnes of goals under him, but I welcomed him and he’s done the opposite of the one thing I had us as, going down! Well done that man, he’s transformed almost everything and with the right signings in the summer we should be looking towards the top 6 and I believe he will too. I look forward to a more expansive style going forward which he was renowned for at Bournemouth.