Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Echo everyone's sentiments. 

I love that he's clearly just a smashing bloke n'all. He represents the club impeccably which is great for numerous reasons: it makes for a wonderful antidote to the obnoxious misery and unprofessionalism of Bruce; it distracts and/or makes it less easy for the press to pile on with the many negative agendas that might otherwise surround the club; and finally, very simply, it's just good having a good bloke to listen to, get behind and trust.

Done a remarkable job this season and I've every faith that we've picked up a cracking manager from under everyone's noses. Fully expect him to go from strength to strength. 

1 hour ago, Andy said:

Regardless of what happens next, this bloke has pulled off one of the most important and - at one point - seemingly impossible tasks in our modern history. Club legend. 

Yes. Shaved years off wherever were going by his efforts.

Sir Bobby and KK's first objectives were to keep us up. 

I believed he'd keep us up but what he's done is absolutely brilliant. We could only improve, but to improve in all the areas we have is beyond any expectations. From what was here: Schar, Kraft, Shelvey, Fraser, Willock, JOELINTON. All amazing improvements.I dont care what people think about the future but Burn, Targett and Tripper were brilliant decicions at the time and have meant we've got to where we have. Even Wood. The Bruno transfer speaks for itself and more about how the club has changed. The shape, the passing, the positioning, the effort. Him not only as a manager but as a figurehead. 

Absolutely unreal turnaround because of him. Fuck the people who go on about what was spent in January. Beyond short sighted

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

Since January we've been on that run and some have said that, at the time,Leeds,Villa,Everton, Southampton, Wolves, Brighton etc never turned up when they played us.....then some manager/coach said "Newcastle don't let you play how you want". I think there's a lot more to Eddie now than there was at Bournemouth and he wasn't bad there, but he's took on learning from what happened there, didn't jump straight into another job, took time to learn and we could well get the benefit.

Eddie should win the most outstanding manager in the Premier League  this season.

But we all know its not going to happen.

picked by a panel assembled by the league's sponsors, who wont have the balls to give it to Eddie.

so its going to be either Klopp or Guardiola.

Edited by prefabtoon

Be genuinely interested to know honestly what he thinks of the press he gets (or very much doesn’t). Much like his MOTM win, that we’re safe despite the horrific circumstances he took on is seemingly verboten to comment on. We'll probably never know from his POV sadly.

I’m sure he knew it’d come with the taking on of the job but it’s quite amusing none the less. No doubt  they’ll all be the first to pile pressure on next season if it doesn’t go amazingly.

Not too mention how to interesting it is to see how people will tie themselves into knots about how anything to do with club is reported. The lasses getting a big crowd being the perfect example.

Guest HTT II

I’ve always rated him, he wasn't my first choice (Emery), and I was massively worried we would ship in tonnes of goals under him, but I welcomed him and he’s done the opposite of the one thing I had us as, going down! Well done that man, he’s transformed almost everything and with the right signings in the summer we should be looking towards the top 6 and I believe he will too. I look forward to a more expansive style going forward which he was renowned for at Bournemouth. 

I thought we’d have to accept relegation, regardless of manager, so for us to get to enough points a few weeks ago shows to me that he is probably one of the best performing managers in the world this season

26 minutes ago, 54 said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/howe-pre-arsenal-h-media-briefing-21-22/

Another cracking press conference, talks about training ground stuff, safety and the future.

Yeah, a very good listen.. he doesn't give much away but you can definitely read between the lines, i liked that he didn't rule out Paqueta without having to actually say it.

Yeah good presser as always. He doesn't give much away in those things and is very balanced, but I think he's absolutely buzzing like and can't wait to get going with what's next. There's definitely a twinkle in his eye when he's talking about the near future. 

4 hours ago, 54 said:

Stop talking so sexually Edward.

:lol: Keegan was the one who could talk you into a hard on, but Eddie does it in a slightly more measured fashion, but it's alluring in it's own way.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think he's absolutely buzzing like and can't wait to get going with what's next. There's definitely a twinkle in his eye when he's talking about the near future. 

I remember when we beat Brentford away 0-2 back in late February, he and the players stood applauding the away end and the camera cut to him standing behind all the staff and players on his own and he had a little chuckle to himself. Think he knew then and knows now that something special is brewing is here.

20 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s the only manager I can think of that absolutely pulls off the full-kit-wanker tracksuit look tbh.

He does, doesn’t he. CAF! :love:
Tindall looks like a golf pro

Edited by PauloGeordio

Job very well done, and without two incredibly pivotal players.

Very different challenge coming up now and I see no reason why he can't accomplish what he sets out for us next season.