Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I thought we’d have to accept relegation, regardless of manager, so for us to get to enough points a few weeks ago shows to me that he is probably one of the best performing managers in the world this season

26 minutes ago, 54 said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/howe-pre-arsenal-h-media-briefing-21-22/

Another cracking press conference, talks about training ground stuff, safety and the future.

Yeah, a very good listen.. he doesn't give much away but you can definitely read between the lines, i liked that he didn't rule out Paqueta without having to actually say it.

Yeah good presser as always. He doesn't give much away in those things and is very balanced, but I think he's absolutely buzzing like and can't wait to get going with what's next. There's definitely a twinkle in his eye when he's talking about the near future. 

4 hours ago, 54 said:

Stop talking so sexually Edward.

:lol: Keegan was the one who could talk you into a hard on, but Eddie does it in a slightly more measured fashion, but it's alluring in it's own way.

18 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I think he's absolutely buzzing like and can't wait to get going with what's next. There's definitely a twinkle in his eye when he's talking about the near future. 

I remember when we beat Brentford away 0-2 back in late February, he and the players stood applauding the away end and the camera cut to him standing behind all the staff and players on his own and he had a little chuckle to himself. Think he knew then and knows now that something special is brewing is here.

20 minutes ago, McCormick said:

He’s the only manager I can think of that absolutely pulls off the full-kit-wanker tracksuit look tbh.

He does, doesn’t he. CAF! :love:
Tindall looks like a golf pro

Edited by PauloGeordio

Job very well done, and without two incredibly pivotal players.

Very different challenge coming up now and I see no reason why he can't accomplish what he sets out for us next season.

4 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

How good is it listening to him, on a different level to most we have had stinking the place out over the years.

Really looking forward to our game approach next year.  

Yeah, he’s very easy to listen to - a quality shared by all my favourite NUFC managers.  Being a competent communicator helps the man in that position for me.  Keegan, Robson, Hughton, Benitez, Howe - I was always happy to hear them talk.

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, he’s very easy to listen to - a quality shared by all my favourite NUFC managers.  Being a competent communicator helps the man in that position for me.  Keegan, Robson, Hughton, Benitez, Howe - I was always happy to hear them talk.

What about Bruce? I think it's disrespectful to the competitive eating community that he is not included in the list of great communicators 

26 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Always reminds me of that scene in Anchorman where the news is on in that dirty biker bar and the guy is like "Hey, everyone, shut up, Ron Burgundy's on" and then there's silence. 

The TV would definitely be smashed to pieces if it was Pardew or Bruce. 

Still don't get the Vieira love in. One point above Howe with a 14? Game head start

Got through to an fa cup final beating lower league opposition

Not as though they have r got a team full of mugs either

I think Frank will win it, but really considering where we were when he joined, and the fact he's had to make history in recovering from such a position, it really should be Howe getting this accolade. Especially considering he did it without two of his blue chip players.

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Still don't get the Vieira love in. One point above Howe with a 14? Game head start

Got through to an fa cup final beating lower league opposition

Not as though they have r got a team full of mugs either

I think Vieira's definitely done a good job, I thought he'd struggle. But pepple are exaggerating how much he has done, youd think they were going to challenge top 6 the way people are going on.

To be honest I think it's a fairly weak selection this year, or should I say I can't really see a clear winner. No one really has outstanding claims to be honest. IMO, anyway.

:clap::clap::clap:

Well deserved. It'll likely be a stretch to expect him to win it, especially with the 'bought their way out of trouble' narrative some are trying to drum up but it's great to see his fantastic work so far recognised.

Wouldn't begrudge Thomas Frank getting it, Brentford not being in any tangible relegation bother all season is a fantastic achievement. Fair enough if Vieira gets it too; had to oversee a massive overhaul off the playing squad and likewise have been totally comfortable all season.

Howe's achievements are comparable but he won't win it because of the January spend, despite him being as responsible as anyone for the transfer window, and it's success should be tallied against his name just as much as any wins. But meh.

Pep and Klopp are the two best managers in the league and I think the latter's overall achievements with Liverpool are probably the most impressive since Ferguson and Wenger. But it would be a bit boring of either of them won it.