Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I said similar today to the wife.  Howe is a great motivator.  The Bruce interview would have been how good the opposition were and we would have to get "stuck in" etc.  Howe is a brilliant manager!

10 minutes ago, Rod said:

Pickford should be nowhere near the England team.  I honestly mean that.  Nowt to do with his mackem connections.  I just think he's a hopeless goalkeeper.  Why Southgate picks him is beyond belief.

You see that assist today? Fantastic. I'd run Pope out there though. Maybe start Pickford against the USA.

54 minutes ago, McDog said:

You guys think he may be in goal this fall in the World Cup? Does anyone know how Southgate rates him? I'd start him over T-Rex I think.

edit: David Edgar was already on it.

I would play him, but tbf to T-Rex, although there's a mistake in him at any time, he's just not done that with England, he's not let England down so far.

30 minutes ago, midds said:

Best thing about today's performance and result was the fact that Howe was definitely more bullish about the game in the pre-match pressers. He talked about going out and treating them as equals, matching up to them and using them as a meter to judge where we are and how far we've come (paraphrasing obviously). He talked us up and said we'd have a go AND THEN FOLLOWED IT UP with that performance today. That's huge. It's all well and good being diplomatic before the game and being respectful but he made no changes to the team at all. Same players, same formation, fuck it, let's have a go and the team responded. 

He's a breath of fresh air, doesn't talk us down, doesn't show too much respect, doesn't come across as a meek little fucker before the game and is brave enough to have a go on the day too. Not just that but he's got enough nous to adapt it in-game too. We are absolutely pointing in the right direction under Howe, he's got it, he's proving it each week. 

11 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

He's been good for England and his distribution is very good, it makes sense why he keeps getting picked

1 minute ago, McDog said:

You see that assist today? Fantastic. I'd run Pope out there though. Maybe start Pickford against the USA.

Not sure what you mean.

Just now, huss9 said:

i think he means the assist for Gray's equaliser for everton yesterday.

Oh, ok.  Thanks.  Still think he's a poor goalkeeper and he has something on Southgate.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Pickford has been fantastic for England like, asinine to suggest otherwise.

Absolute garbage!  You are obviously listening to the "experts". 

1 minute ago, Rod said:

Absolute garbage!  You are obviously listening to the "experts". 

You are one of those people that think Bruce is doing a fantastic job, aren't you?  Because Shearer said so 

3 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

You’re very creepy.

Just make YOUR own mind up.  Don't listen to the "experts".  Which happens to all ex pals/footballers in the age of 40 plus.

1 minute ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

If it's rubbish you'll have a number of examples of where he's let England down? 

(Don't bring Everton examples as we are all aware he's had plenty of howlers for them)

You are being misled by peer pressure and assume Pickford is a great goalkeeper.  Seriously, he's the opposite.  You also think Harry Maguire and Tyron Mings are international class don't you?  Because the "experts" told you.

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

You are being misled by peer pressure and assume Pickford is a great goalkeeper.  Seriously, he's the opposite.  You also think Harry Maguire and Tyron Mings are international class don't you?  Because the "experts" told you.

Why are you waffling?

Why don't you just answer the question? 

And if you are going to waffle some more then don't bother as this thread has been derailed enough.  

1 hour ago, midds said:

Best thing about today's performance and result was the fact that Howe was definitely more bullish about the game in the pre-match pressers. He talked about going out and treating them as equals, matching up to them and using them as a meter to judge where we are and how far we've come (paraphrasing obviously). He talked us up and said we'd have a go AND THEN FOLLOWED IT UP with that performance today. That's huge. It's all well and good being diplomatic before the game and being respectful but he made no changes to the team at all. Same players, same formation, fuck it, let's have a go and the team responded. 

He's a breath of fresh air, doesn't talk us down, doesn't show too much respect, doesn't come across as a meek little fucker before the game and is brave enough to have a go on the day too. Not just that but he's got enough nous to adapt it in-game too. We are absolutely pointing in the right direction under Howe, he's got it, he's proving it each week. 

fucker just made me well up with pride that Howe is our manager. Bang on 

Well played to the players, but Eddie is the key man, I reckon. For training them, improving them, and organizing them.

What was that stat that flashed up after they scored? Man CIty's record when scoring first since 2021(?) under Pep, P31 W30 D1 L0. We came close to winning this match.