Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The only concern I have with Howe is much like Keegan he’s all in. He’s living and breathing work, intensely as possible. He even said he doesn’t have a social life right now and he’s happy to sacrifice it. Right now that’s great especially as he had a long break. But it may lead to burnout in 4-5 years, perhaps less. 

1 minute ago, kingxlnc said:

The only concern I have with Howe is much like Keegan he’s all in. He’s living and breathing work, intensely as possible. He even said he doesn’t have a social life right now and he’s happy to sacrifice it. Right now that’s great especially as he had a long break. But it may lead to burnout in 4-5 years, perhaps less. 

Decent point but I think he’s made of sterner stuff than Kevin. Kevin was always a bit of a maverick and had the temperament to match it. Anything he didn’t like, he’d throw the towel in and have a strop because he was so passionate about the club. Howe is passionate as well but I think he’s got a much firmer grip of himself than Keegan ever had.

5 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

Decent point but I think he’s made of sterner stuff than Kevin. Kevin was always a bit of a maverick and had the temperament to match it. Anything he didn’t like, he’d throw the towel in and have a strop because he was so passionate about the club. Howe is passionate as well but I think he’s got a much firmer grip of himself than Keegan ever had.

?? He channels his passion, and is a consummate professional, So the  toys won’t ever come out of the pram with him. Our gaffa ♥️ Him and Tindall great double act ?

Edited by PauloGeordio

3 hours ago, dave s said:

my main concern with Howe is.. when the England manager job comes around he’s probably going to be up there as a favourite 

Not a chance he'd be interested in taking it.

3 hours ago, dave s said:

my main concern with Howe is.. when the England manager job comes around he’s probably going to be up there as a favourite 

Not worried at all, he can manage England when he’s 60+. It’s a step down from managing us. 

I dunno, with the talent in the squad it would surely be very difficult for any English manager to turn down a chance to lead his country to a World Cup win.

Surely the absolute ultimate achievement for anyone is to lead their country to a WC win?

Fucking hope not, obviously :lol:

11 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Nearly was before Allardyce got it. :lol: Christ, imagine that. 

Most important English manager of the last ... 100 years. Deserves his chance.

I imagine he'd have a pretty tough Jaffa-cake based training camp in Portugal, with players having to bring their own pool inflatables.

Then again.

International break, you say? With all my experience, that means it's time to put me 'out of office' on, let me tell you.

Guest HTT II
47 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

England doesn't concern me at all. I don't see any highly rated manager taking the job unless they're towards the end of their career. I don't think Potter would take it either.

I think, for an English manager especially, it’s a job anyone would want or consider at least. Let’s not kid ourselves here, Howe will likely be targeted and will likely be interested, that’s one of the reasons I feel he was awarded a new deal most recently as I think after the WC, Southgate will leave regardless of what we achieve or don’t in that tournament.

I don’t buy it. Really good managers in their prime don’t want to be part-timers that get a few days here and there with the players, spending most of the year out of the spotlight. The best managers are almost always in the club game.