Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m reference to Solanke he is only coming good now because he’s in the championship.

All part of his development I think. Think he has improved a fair bit since. I think they'll be coming back up under Parker and so next season we'll see how he gets on. Think he'll continue to look far better than he was first time around in the prem. He was a big prospect as a youngster and I think the hype of that big money move was a bit much for him especially after he started off so slowly getting a first goal.

12 minutes ago, KaKa said:

We really don't need to do all that. Fonseca seems like he really wants it as things stand :lol:

There are managers that want this job. Think we're just being a bit too cautious with prioritising prem experience, but it's understandable I guess thanks to Bruce having us in the bottom three.

I think they should take a bit of a risk and get the Fonz in. He just seemed to get it. The guy apparently even had plans of who to sign ensure survival for goodness sake. 

It was more in reference to the handling of Emery. If we had perhaps said 4yr deal when can you sign, things might have turned out differently. So you're saying Fonseca would sign 18 month deal with the possibility of being sacked as the club persue a long term managerial target?

I think most managers are not necessarily going to be keen on a short term project, including Howe, or Martinez. I'd guess someone like Lampard might take a short term role?

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

That’s a key point being missed I think, the new man has to lift up the whole stadium which has been like a morgue for years.

Judging by comments on here (mine included) and elsewhere I have seen, then that is certainly not going to be Howe

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hopefully they leave it till Monday see how Everton do against Spurs and go and put a bid in for Rafa 

This would be the only reason not to get someone in before the weekend. If it ends up being Howe 10 days into the international break it will have been such a waste.

Just now, et tu brute said:

Judging by comments on here (mine included) and elsewhere I have seen, then that is certainly not going to be Howe

Yep I will back him if it’s him but it will only take us not beating Brentford to start the fans turning 

Bit gutted but it’s a huge job and if that person isn’t 100% committed it’s better they don’t come. If Mandy is on probation with PIF she’s behind the game. We’ve heard precious little so far, Bruce should have been sacked day 1 and this Emery business doesn’t reflect well.

Whoever comes in now does so with everyone knowing they weren’t really wanted.

One interview with Howe and people will jump on board, I reckon. He's not as good as Emery but neither were any of the other likely candidates. Would you really prefer the unknown quantities of Favre/Fonseca? or the the known but uninspiring Martinez?

I don't think Ten Hag, Rafa or Rodgers were ever serious options, therefore Howe is pretty much on the level we will have to accept.

Unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

One interview with Howe and people will jump on board, I reckon. He's not as good as Emery but neither were any of the other likely candidates. Would you really prefer the unknown quantities of Favre/Fonseca? or the the known but uninspiring Martinez?

I don't think Ten Hag, Rafa or Rodgers were ever serious options, therefore Howe is pretty much on the level we will have to accept.

Unless they can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I'm one of the weirdos where the unknown excites me, even in spite of our predicament. Would take Howe and get behind him though, I was screaming for him pre takeover this season and still feel he would improve the side as I did back then.

I find it odd that the news about Fonseca to Villa has appeared from nowhere. Definitely looks like the work of an agent. He is someone I'd like to see here though, definitely someone who I could see wanting to progress further than they have so far so would see the challenge of Newcastle. 

2 minutes ago, ToonTastic said:

I find it odd that the news about Fonseca to Villa has appeared from nowhere. Definitely looks like the work of an agent. He is someone I'd like to see here though, definitely someone who I could see wanting to progress further than they have so far so would see the challenge of Newcastle. 

Just said on SSN that Fonseca is still interested in taking charge. I hope this happens